• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LifetimeBillsFan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Aug 2004

Vincent Sold On Jauron

Troy Vincent spoke out on Dick Jauron in an article that just appeared on BB.com that I thought was pretty interesting. It sounds like the Bills have a very different feeling about their new coach than they did about M.Mularkey. Even Vincent admits that he doesn't know if it will translate into more wins or not, but it should produce a higher level of effort and a team that won't be as inclined to quit than last year's team.

Vincent Sold On Jauron
    by Chris Brown, Lead Journalist Last Updated: 6/21/2006 11:18 AM ET

After the Buffalo Bills named Dick Jauron their head coach in mid-January Troy Vincent began to conduct a lengthy research project. As NFL Players Association President, Vincent had more than his share of contacts to draw upon for an honest take on Jauron's style as a head coach.

"I have access to coaches and players that not everybody has," said Vincent. "And they all said the same thing (about Jauron)."

At first Vincent didn't know if he should buy it. With every person he spoke with uttering the same exact sentence when asked to give their opinion of Jauron it's only natural to be a little skeptical.

"You have to be apprehensive because that's pretty rare," said Vincent. "I was getting my information from some really good sources. Men I have a tremendous amount of respect for in this league. Every last one of them said, 'You're going to love playing for him.' Not just every player, but every coach I spoke to said that."

Intrigued by the unanimous endorsements Vincent was eager to see for himself as he attended the team's first minicamp, one voluntary OTA and the final minicamp. After being around his head coach for the better part of two weeks Vincent understands what all of his league sources were saying about his head coach.

"First of all he stands behind what he tells you," said Vincent. "He looks you in the eye like a man. It's just him and you and then he backs up what he says with his actions. I think anybody can appreciate that approach, not just a professional athlete."

Vincent feels what makes Jauron so effective is the fact that he is true to himself and believes in his approach as a head coach.
    "He is fine with who he is," Vincent said. "Despite all the places he's coached and who he has coached under he has no problem being who he is. And the men like Takeo Spikes, London Fletcher, Lee Evans, Willis McGahee, myself, we see it."

Link to the remainder of the article: http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3829
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Vincent Sold On Jauron

LMAO. What is he going to say? That is what cracks me up. He may like him but jesus, when have you ever heard a player go '****. I can't believe we hired this clown'.

Not only that this is Vincents last year if that. If not for our two safetys being rookies, I bet Troy would have been shown the door this offseason as well. In fact didn't someone post an article where the Bills approached Vincent to coach instead of play?

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

Ice why do you always have to be the negative Nancy on this board. IT is getting really tiring. Give it a break!

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsIN05
        Ice why do you always have to be the negative Nancy on this board. IT is getting really tiring. Give it a break!
        Do you guys always have to be homers that swallow every piece of bait given to you? It is getting really tiring. Give it a break!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
          Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
          • Jan 2004

this comes as a shock. i would expect the president of the players union to completely hang his coach out to dry in mini camp.

Comment

• JoeMama
            Emotion Sickness
            • Oct 2002

Sounds like a fluff piece to me.

We'll see if Dick Jauron is worth a damn come September.
            Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
              LMAO. What is he going to say? That is what cracks me up. He may like him but jesus, when have you ever heard a player go '****. I can't believe we hired this clown'.

Not only that this is Vincents last year if that. If not for our two safetys being rookies, I bet Troy would have been shown the door this offseason as well. In fact didn't someone post an article where the Bills approached Vincent to coach instead of play?
              I've yet to hear anyone inside football making a passing "he's a good coach" comment about DJ. I've heard a lot of good things though. It sounds to me like DJ is a real coach whose ready to coach.

Comment

• Stewie
                Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                • Aug 2002

Coaches make mistakes, and they need to learn from them. Ultimately the players win and lose games. All these coaches can do x's and o's, but it's the guys who can get players to buy in and get motivated that will succeed.

Dick Jauron never had super bowl talent in Chicago. He doesn't have it in Buffalo either right now.

But if he's a straight shooter and guys want to play for him, then I'm all for giving him a real chance.
                Originally posted by Topdog
                Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                Originally posted by mercyrule
                I love Weiner.
                Originally posted by mercyrule
                also cheese

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

The players were saying great things about Mike Mularkey when he was hired too. This means nothing right now.

Comment

Working...
                  X