PDA

View Full Version : One good thing about The Sabs losing the playoffs

G Wolly
06-21-2006, 09:07 PM
All the :bandwagon Bandwagon fans that suddenly liked the Sabres when they do good, go back to their little holes, unknown as Sabres fans until we excel once again. I know it sounds kind of bad in a way, but bandwagoners can eat a big one.

Gmcc24
06-21-2006, 10:18 PM
All the :bandwagon Bandwagon fans that suddenly liked the Sabres when they do good, go back to their little holes, unknown as Sabres fans until we excel once again. I know it sounds kind of bad in a way, but bandwagoners can eat a big one.

I completely agree with you, I can't stand bandwagon fans with the passion. I'm pretty sure the Canes have tons of bandwagon fans right now....but once things get back to normal....it'll go back down to the low numbers in comparison to other NHL teams. Kudos to real fans :dance:

JD
06-21-2006, 11:57 PM
Everyone was a bandwagon fan at some point.

I'm sure a good portion of them are bigger fans now because of the year we had and I'll take every fan with open arms.

SABURZFAN
06-22-2006, 02:16 AM
just as quick as you can say bandwagon,i can name a lot of people here that were around when the times were tough.we know who they are too.

anyways...it was nice to that the Sabres did well and we had a lot of action going on in here.i hope that these bandwagoneers come back for next season too.

ddaryl
06-22-2006, 02:49 AM
This is very sad. Especially considering how extremely crappy the sport of hockey has been for close to 2 decades. Calling out people who were correct to walk away from a bad game.

Look at what the league was like before the lockout. The game of hockey was unwatchable, and even more unwatchable for small market clubs that we're completely financially outclassed. Who has time to sit around and suppport something they didn't even like anymore.

The NHL as a whole has lost a tremendous amounts of fans, and it has very little to do with bandwagon jumping, and everything to do with a crappy product that many people couldn't stomach watching or paying for. Figure Skating and world Cup Soccer are more exciting to Americans these days, and that's Hockey's fault.

I've always kept an eye on the Sabres and I always support them, but supporting a team is one thing. Watching a product on ice that isn't worth $0.01 because of the incorporation of the neutral zone trap, and clutch & grab rules just made the game unwatchable for many of us.

I grew up with the french connection, in 2005-2006 season I heard many references to that era from peopel returing to Sabres hockey.

The reason I'm more into hockey this year is mainly the rule changes. The game is fun and exciting again. The Sabres going on a tear was just the cherry on top.

You diehard hockey nutz need to put your tail between yor legs and be the embassadors of the new league and get people excited for hockey again. Not be self centered, self righteous, hockey snots that label fans trying to return to this game as "Bandwagoners"

The bad part is that the Sabres are still in trouble finacially, and if they take a step backwards in free agency this year because of their financial reality you will continue to lose Sabres fans and eventually the team. The other reality is Buffalonians just do not have the money to spend on an inferior product.

If the Sabres return to missing the playoffs fans will decide to spend thier money on forms of entertainment that don't leave them miserable and dissapointed.

Not winning is miserable and disspointing.

Not winning and not being able to spend money to continually improve the team (to the cap limit) is miserable, disspointing and frustrating. Who wants to spend $1000's on being miserable, dissapointed and frustrated ?

I hope the Sabres can succeed, but the game of hockey is too blame before you blame the fans.

G Wolly
06-22-2006, 10:35 AM
Well whether people believe me or not, I was a fan since I was a wee youngin through the bad times, and the good and always will. Not just when we do good. *tsk* When will people learn.

BillsNick
06-22-2006, 10:58 AM
This thread is crap. I would rather have a million bandwagon fans with a Stanley cup, than get rid of them without one. :wtf:

Get real, every team that has ever won anything has had the bandwagon fan contingent, so seriously, realize that.

You give us the cup, and I don't care who runs around yelling the Sabres praises. Tell me you disagree, and I'll call you a liar.

G Wolly
06-22-2006, 12:49 PM
Well it's a little strange how during the regular season plenty of people say "They suck, nothing will happen" Then as soon as round 1 of the playoffs starts, those same people all of a sudden support the team.

BillsNick
06-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Well it's a little strange how during the regular season plenty of people say "They suck, nothing will happen" Then as soon as round 1 of the playoffs starts, those same people all of a sudden support the team.

How is that strange? You've never said your team will suck? ever? riiiight.

Everybody thought they would suck. So what. I think the Bills are going to suck. Am I now not a "real" fan?

Let's be realistic here, m'kay? We've all at some point, said that our team sucks or will suck. That doesn't make us bandwagon fans.

G Wolly
06-22-2006, 01:54 PM
How is that strange? You've never said your team will suck? ever? riiiight.

Everybody thought they would suck. So what. I think the Bills are going to suck. Am I now not a "real" fan?

Let's be realistic here, m'kay? We've all at some point, said that our team sucks or will suck. That doesn't make us bandwagon fans.

You're not getting my point.

My point is that people who can't even name 3 players on the team call themselves fans just because we do good.

BillsNick
06-22-2006, 02:14 PM
You're not getting my point.

My point is that people who can't even name 3 players on the team call themselves fans just because we do good.

I get your point, but the point of the thread was that "a good thing about losing in the playoffs" was to Rid ourselves of these fans.

I am say, who cares? I'd rather have the CUP in Buffalo, and have a bunch of bandwagoners running around saying how great we are. Wouldn't you?

There is nothing good about our loss this year, and I honestly believe that we were the better team. We got hosed again, but you know what? We'll get there again.