X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

this will be good draft for us to grab a RB

i was thinking the other day.. our RB corp is getting a bit thin.. with bryson all but gone, and morris as the only true quality back up... at HB and FB, we should definately grab a RB in this draft.. three 4 names that come to mind that may well slip to the 3rd or 4th...

Brown from CU
    Fargas from USC
    Smith from Oregon
    Mcgahee from the school of ugly injuries..

i think one or more of those guys will be a quality RB in the nfl.. smith is a good possibility.. and the prospect of Mcgahee going on IR next year but having him the following year.. i mean, the guy is a top 5 pick..

thoughts?
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Bert102176
    • Aug 2002

I say we could probabl get Mcgahee in the 5th maybe 6th round.
    lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Bert102176
      • Aug 2002

remember Thurman had a leg injury and we took a risk on him.
      lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

well unfortunately, there are alot of draft "experts" saying that he will go in the 3-4th rounds.. and i tend to believe them.. for any team looking for a potential superstar, and dont have an immediate need for a starter, mcgahee is a good pick.. he could sit on ir for a year, not count as a roster spot, would be paid very low, with tons of incentives..

i would love for the bills to take him though.. just in case henry doesnt stop fumbling the ball and/or becomes a FA in a couple years and decides not to come back.... but in the case of an injury this upcoming year, mcgahee would be of no use.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• mush69
          • Jan 2003

If we could pick up a couple of guys to bring into camp for a workout at RB via undrafted free agent then I say bring them to camp. Otherwise lets set our sights on bringing solid, injury free talents where we really need it.

Joe Burns is no slouch and at 5-9 215 can bring a package. Give him some reps this year and his quickness will come along. He sees the field well and finds the seems but just lacks the footwork to get there. I think that can be worked out and we'll have our Backup Rb for a year or two.

Thurmans leg problems was no where near what McGee's is and will be for a while. While it does pose an interesting situation I say Pick healthy and ready to play hard nosed football players in the draft.
          Don't Mistake Lack Of Talent For Genius

Comment

• BFBills
            "That will be Nate Clements third Pic of the day!"
            • Oct 2002

ehem...does T. Henry ring a bell??
            "BillsZone.com some of the most uhhhh....some of the smartest football talkers I've ever ever talked to"...Voltron...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

I believe McGehee injured his other knee in high school so he is on two bad knees. Whoever drafts him will have a very good RB in 2004 but who knows how long will it be before his next knee injury.

Comment

• Sennsai
                • Aug 2002

Pre-injury, McGahee was a top 5 pick. Pre-injury he had a chance to be a VERY GOOD RB in the NFL with development. Now with the severity of his injury(even though he is rehabbing well) he will NEVER be the same quality of RB that he COULD HAVE BEEN. With that said, I say he will be an AVERAGE RB in the NFL at best. I would not take him on the first day and then maybe 5th round on. Why over pay for a guy that will likely do OK in the NFL?

List of guys who performed just as well after knee reconstruction:
                Terry Allen( the guy was a freak with several rebuilt knees)

List of guys who haven't performed as well as pre- reconstruction:

KiJana Carter
                Edgerrin James
                Robert Edwards
                Terrell Davis
                Jamal Anderson
                Keith Byars(college knee injury)
                etc.. etc..

Sorry Willis, but Good luck
                " It happened before, it will happen again. It's just a question of when."

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                  • Jul 2002

I agree w/ you T. If I had to guess however, I'd say that McGahee will go in the 3rd. He was way too good for some team being able to afford a gamble to not take a chance by then. Baltimore or somebody.

I wouldn't mind seeing us take a RB with our first or 2nd pick assuming that we fill our DT, DE, and LB needs in FAcy, which we should.

Originally posted by BFBills
                  ehem...does T. Henry ring a bell??
                  I hear ya BF, but it would be nice to have a burner RB. Henry's good, and may be great for a long time. But you've gotta remember, that if he is that great this year, he's gonna want enormous bucks when his contract comes up, what, in '05?

Good to have a "plan B."
                  Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Fatwhite02
                    Colorado's Biggest Bills Fan
                    • Feb 2003

I agree that Mcgahee will be gone by the third round. I think the most intriguing two backs are Chris Brown and Onterrio Smith. I have watched Brown play two years in college (I attend CU) and he is a bruiser who doesn't lose yards often. He is a little bit of a straight up runner, I see him getting taken late second or early third. Onterrio Smith could be a sleaper and I personally would love to see him in a Bills Uniform. Not only, does he have a chance to break a long one everytime he touches the ball, he is an electric return man which we need because Rogers was a bust.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fatwhite02
                      I agree that Mcgahee will be gone by the third round. I think the most intriguing two backs are Chris Brown and Onterrio Smith. I have watched Brown play two years in college (I attend CU) and he is a bruiser who doesn't lose yards often. He is a little bit of a straight up runner, I see him getting taken late second or early third. Onterrio Smith could be a sleaper and I personally would love to see him in a Bills Uniform. Not only, does he have a chance to break a long one everytime he touches the ball, he is an electric return man which we need because Rogers was a bust.
                      i agree with those statements completely.. i would be happy with any of those rbs i listed, but Smith would probably be the most exciting. i think he would be a great change of pace back... fargas is a burner as well.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                        Expert on Experts
                        • Jul 2002

Fargas! The guy has heart. But to be perfectly honest, my own opinion is he will be no more than a backup. Still, if he slips till late in the draft id love to have him He'll work hard and has some major wheels.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

Let's see. If TD can sign one linebacker and one DT, all we need to draft are a second linebacker, a free safety, another corner, (three guys that can cover really aren't enough in the NFL anymore), a tight end to replace Remiersma, a center/guard to enhance line depth, a WR to replace the likely departing Price, a fullback to replace the departing Centers (probable cut?) and now a running back to provide quality depth behind Travis Henry. Oh, and I remember someone saying we should draft a QB to develop behind Drew Bledsoe. All we need are nine draft choices. Of course rounds 5,6, and 7 are pretty much a crap shoot anyway. You never know if you're gonna find a player there or not, so we really can't count them. Do you suppose we could petition the NFL to award Buffalo an extra half dozen picks in rounds 1 through 4 to get what we need?
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                            Expert on Experts
                            • Jul 2002

Tiger, you think TD is gonna make only 2 FA acquasitions? A lot of those positions you listed can be addressed in Free agency

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

obviously we will fill some of those needs you listed via FA bud.. who knows which ones though.. i am thinking WR will be FA, both LBs will be FA

Comment

Working...
                              X