Many Fans Want McGahee Gone Within 1-2 Years ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Many Fans Want McGahee Gone Within 1-2 Years ?

Just surfing various sites and I read multiple fans stating they no longer like McGahee. Various reasons were..

- He's not a Buffalo guy
    - He's all about the $$
    - Didn't attend the OTA's
    - The whole Miami U. workout thing
    - Drew Rosenhaus
    - Afraid he'll tank if he gets the big $$
    - never regained his speed
    - perceived attitude.
    - the "baby momma" article

I can understand the lack of endearment towards McGahee but I don't buy into the theory that good RB's are " A dime a dozen ". Good RB's are hard to find and are the primary player on offense, in terms of gaining yardage. Between running and catching, they touch the ball 300+ times a season and better produce. McGahee, in this Fairchild Offense, could be sitting on some big games. He looks dead fit and in excellent shape.

I see Lionel Gates as a raw unknown. Anthony Thomas has been cut 2-3 times recently. Shaud Williams may be 5-4 with lifts. So where is the front line replacement ? The 2007 draft ? Then the same people will yell if we don't draft Lineman. Can't have it both ways.

Hmmm...maybe we should consider keeping him after all. He's a football player, who will never split the atom in his next career.

Let's keep things in perspective.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Many Fans Want McGahee Gone Within 1-2 Years ?

I want him gone now.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
      • Jan 2004

I wanted him gone when we drafted him. Anybody who didn't see this coming is as blind as Stevie Wonder.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

Until he Holds out I want him on this team. Im not like the Idiots wanting him gone now just for missing Voluntary OTAs. The guy is there when he has to be this year. He is going to be great this year watch and see. Once he holds out if he does I want him gone too.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

If he runs 1,900 yds this year and we win the SB, will you like him then?

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

It's not just missing OTA's- it's the overall lack of effort he's shown that bothers me. The guy parties in Miami and only comes to Buffalo to collect his paycheck. He has no loyalty to the team that took a significant risk by drafting him after a potentially career-ending injury.

I'm not saying the Bills should come right out and dump him right away. But so far, his on-the-field performance hasn't matched his ability or his mouth, and he has Rosenass for an agent- it's a holdout waiting to happen. I'd rather see him cut than see the Bills overpay for him. You can argue all day about whether good running backs are a dime a dozen, but it can't be that hard to find one who can get 78 yards a game.

If he comes to play this year and shows something, then maybe he'll deserve a huge payday. But even then would make me nervous- who knows if he would actually try after he gets his signing bonus?
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
              If he runs 1,900 yds this year and we win the SB, will you like him then?
              Yes, for five weeks. Because that's about how long it will take for Drew Rosenhaus to start demanding a cap-killing contract.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

I don't particularly like his attitude or performance to date, but I could be won over by a 2,000 yard, 20 touchdown season.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                  Until he Holds out I want him on this team. Im not like the Idiots wanting him gone now just for missing Voluntary OTAs. The guy is there when he has to be this year. He is going to be great this year watch and see. Once he holds out if he does I want him gone too.
                  The SMART fans here know what he is. A selfish punk. We want him gone ASAP

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    I don't particularly like his attitude or performance to date, but I could be won over by a 2,000 yard, 20 touchdown season.
                    I don't care if he runs for 3000 yards and 50 TD's. he is a friggin punk and needs to be gone.

Comment

• Night Train
                      • Jul 2005

So we should draft only good christian players from BYU and Liberty ?

I really don't see much difference between him and say E. James, now of the Cardinals. I never disliked E. James and he skipped OTA's all the time with the Colts. But he showed up big on Sunday.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                        But he showed up big on Sunday.
                        when McGahee does that, you'll have a point. So far, he hasn't.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
                          So we should draft only good christian players from BYU and Liberty ?

I really don't see much difference between him and say E. James, now of the Cardinals. I never disliked E. James and he skipped OTA's all the time with the Colts. But he showed up big on Sunday.
                          He skipped OTA's and over the last few years his performance went down. He was such a great player by training in Miami that the Best GM in football decided LAST year to let him seek a trade. No one thought he was worth giving up a 2nd round pick for. Immagine that.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            when McGahee does that, you'll have a point. So far, he hasn't.
                            Yeah other than one game against the Bucs, when did he show up last year? Oh thats right, he quit mid way though the season

Comment

• Night Train
                              • Jul 2005

I look at it this way. In 26 starts, he has 2300 + yards and 18 TD's, for a Coach who ran one of the worst offenses in team history. Fairchild seems to have an actual plan ( something we haven't had in 3 years ).

Fairchild has publicly stated Willis figures huge in his Offense and I'm fine with that. I can envision about 80-100 yards a game average, plus 4-6 pass receptions out of the backfield. That could set up the pass downfield to Evans quite nicely.

He's a key part of the plan and if you keep swapping players in and out of the lineup, you're usually in a constant rebuilding mold....in other words, losing more often than you'd like. Lack of patience can be your own worst enemy, especially with key skill players like Losman, McGahee etc. Find a core that works and let them grow.

Aren't we a little tired of the constant rebuilding after 6 years of no playoffs ?

Comment

Working...
                              X