PDA

View Full Version : What are your current expectations for the 2006 season?

Mitchy moo
06-21-2006, 02:44 PM
Pats- W
Phins- W
Jets- W
Vikes- W
Bears- Defensive Battle L
Lions- W
Pats- W
BYE WEEK (6-1)
Pack- W
Colts- L
Texans- W
Jags- L
Charge- L
Jets- W
Phins-W
Titans- W
Ravens- L

11-5 this season, conference final loss to the colts.

MDFINFAN
06-21-2006, 03:02 PM
Pats- W
Phins- W
Jets- W
Vikes- W
Lions- W
Pats- W
BYE WEEK (6-1)
Pack- W
Colts- L
Texans- W
Jags- L
Charge- L
Jets- W
Phins-W
Titans- W
Ravens- L

11-5 this season, conference final loss to the colts.

:oops: :hurt:

Mitchy moo
06-21-2006, 03:05 PM
It should read, reach for the bars.

http://www.gbgm-umc.org/WEONLY/myavatar.gif
Reach for the stars

ICE74129
06-21-2006, 03:11 PM
I had to vote 7-9 since there is no such thing as 6-8 in a full 16 game season...

Mitchy moo
06-21-2006, 03:12 PM
I had to vote 7-9 since there is no such thing as 6-8 in a full 16 game season...

I can't believe you we're the first to figure this out.

Bufftp
06-21-2006, 03:15 PM
I fixed it, no biggie.

Mitchy moo
06-21-2006, 03:27 PM
I fixed it, no biggie.

thx.

BillsNick
06-21-2006, 03:47 PM
Scooby, Please. Stop this crack smoking. It will kill you. Can't you see what it's doing to you?

STOP SMOKING CRACK!

hammerbillsfan
06-21-2006, 04:02 PM
Skooby is a http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/5579-1150163212.gif

Mitchy moo
06-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Why isn't this possible?

ICE74129
06-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Why isn't this possible?

How about this little thing called reality?

Mitchy moo
06-21-2006, 04:25 PM
How about this little thing called reality?

Ice I watched every Sabres game during the season and they we're predicted to be horrible, bottom 5 in the league. I am not saying we are SB contender's this year but NE has a tendency to get cranked up near the end of the year. They are not noted for their fast starts, so we can catch them off guard and sneak out of Miami w/ a win the NYJ won't pose a large threat. Confidence starts by believing in yourself and that leads to greater levels of success.

If they are supposed to be at the basement, that's better because the other teams won't expect us to play well. Guard down = opportunities.

P.S. The Bills should have beat NE in NE last year, bad coaching near the end did them in. Would you have expected that close a game, before that game? No.
?

hammerbillsfan
06-21-2006, 08:16 PM
The magic wand you use doesn't work on every team.

Mitchy moo
06-22-2006, 01:12 PM
As you always say, let's not steal other people's recent threads, thanks:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=102232

Dr. Lecter
06-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Don't even start getting into it here either of you.

ICE74129
06-22-2006, 02:04 PM
Don't even start getting into it here either of you.

Doc, I posted a detailed thread. Skoob decided, like normal, to invade and start wrecking it with a completely off base post. I didn't 'Start' anything.

bigbub2352
06-22-2006, 02:14 PM
I think we will go 7-9 or 8-8, i think alot of progress will be made this season in developing what players will be here the next 5 years and we can build on that

EricStratton
06-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Pretty good write-up Ice.

I figure the success of this years team depends on whoever wins the QB job. If the QB can be good enough (doesn’t have to be great) the team has enough other talent to compete every week and with some breaks win more often then not.

TacklingDummy
06-22-2006, 02:42 PM
" I still feel there are detracting factors on this team. Willis McGahee and his lack of interest of participating with his team mates to learn the new system being a major one."

Willis McGahee will be fine. He will learn the sysytem when camp open's. Not a big deal he missed OTA's. Get over your man hate for Willis.

"Quarterback. JP is being jerked around by this staff just like the last. Work ethic has never been an issue for this kid, so why the ‘competition’?"

The competion is not about work ethic. It's about who gives the Bills the best chance to when opening day. Not a hard concept to follow.

"I know fans are rooting for Spikes 100% return. FACTS are it won’t ever happen. When you suffer that type of injury you are never 100% again regardless of how you ‘feel’."

Damn, not only are you a coach, now you're a Doctor . Your opinion is not a FACT, your opnion is just well..your opinion.

TacklingDummy
06-22-2006, 02:44 PM
Sunny out today.

ICE74129
06-22-2006, 02:48 PM
Pretty good write-up Ice.

I figure the success of this years team depends on whoever wins the QB job. If the QB can be good enough (doesn’t have to be great) the team has enough other talent to compete every week and with some breaks win more often then not.

Thanks. I agree most of it is the QB, there is no getting around it. They need for this year to let JP have it. If he fails, then we know we need a good solid veteran starter from somewhere. If he starts to improve then we are set for years.

Now the kicker is this, how much will the TEAM be able to help him out? You must have a good team for the QB to have any shot at success. That is why I feel JP might be behind the 8 ball because we will be playing from behind the first 1/2 of the season in several games. Starting with GB I can see this starting to shift more in a positive manner as the TEAM starts playing better

R. Rich
06-22-2006, 03:14 PM
...because if you want realistic expectations, ask a message board.

Mitchy moo
06-22-2006, 03:20 PM
Can we like merge the 2 threads to stop cluttering up the board? thx.

NE L
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Miami</st1:City> L
NYJ W
Vikes L
<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Chicago</st1:place></st1:City> L
<st1:City w:st="on">Detroit</st1:City> <st1:place w:st="on">W </st1:place>
NE <st1:place w:st="on">W </st1:place>
GB W
Indy L
Hou W
Jax L <<<<<<<<<<------------- ICE's Prediction's
SD L
Jets W
Miami W
Tenn W
Balt L
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pats- W
Phins- W
Jets- W
Vikes- W
Lions- W
Pats- W
BYE WEEK (6-1)
Pack- W <<<<<<<<<<<<<---------------- Skooby's Pre.
Colts- L
Texans- W
Jags- L
Charge- L
Jets- W
Phins-W
Titans- W
Ravens- L

Seems like you were heading in the same direction now doesn't it? I didn't put a story on it either.

Mitchy moo
06-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Let's make another prediction thread tomorrow with a new story.

Mitchy moo
06-22-2006, 03:31 PM
Two things..

1) my post has nothing to do with yours

2) I NEVER want a thread of mine merged with yours.

Dude you posted a pred. for 2006, I just did that.

Oh, yes you do your in denial.

Bling
06-22-2006, 03:44 PM
I find it hard to believe you'll sweep the Jets, and split with the Dolphins and Pats. Either the Dolphins or Pats will sweep you, and the Jets will split it with you. Brings you down to 6-10, where the Bills I think we fall.

ICE74129
06-22-2006, 03:51 PM
I find it hard to believe you'll sweep the Jets, and split with the Dolphins and Pats. Either the Dolphins or Pats will sweep you, and the Jets will split it with you. Brings you down to 6-10, where the Bills I think we fall.

Nah we should have swept the jets last year. I think we should do so again. I think Miami at Buffalo and NE at Buffalo could be wins. If you check my post I said NE at home was iffy.

ublinkwescore
06-22-2006, 05:03 PM
I think we pull off an upset against SD.

Michael82
06-22-2006, 05:30 PM
I think we will go 7-9 or 8-8, i think alot of progress will be made this season in developing what players will be here the next 5 years and we can build on that
Good post! I was thinking the same thing. As long as the team starts to jell and they get better as the season goes on, I will be happy. Especially if JP Losman starts to shine by the middle-end of the season. :bf1:

Bill Brasky
06-22-2006, 05:33 PM
If this team wins 5 games I'd consider it a success. I'm being serious for a change.

Jan Reimers
06-22-2006, 05:39 PM
12-4. I'm the eternal optimist in June.

Michael82
06-22-2006, 05:57 PM
MERGED! :up:

ublinkwescore
06-22-2006, 07:16 PM
I'll guarantee you we'll win more than 5 games this season.

Unfortunately most of the 8 we'll win will come to late in the season - we'll get to play spoilers though.

ICE74129
06-22-2006, 08:47 PM
MERGED! :up:
And deleted.

Mitchy moo
06-23-2006, 12:10 AM
And deleted.

Your post was useless garble anyways & I know deep down you wanted this, I can feel it.

Crisis
06-23-2006, 01:18 AM
19-0.

Mr. Pink
06-23-2006, 01:51 AM
I would vote, but 6-10 is too optimistic for my liking.....

NE L
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Miami</st1:City> L
NYJ L
Vikes W
<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Chicago</st1:place></st1:City> L
<st1:City w:st="on">Detroit</st1:City> L
NE L<st1:place w:st="on"> </st1:place>
GB W
Indy L
Hou L
Jax L
SD W
Jets W
Miami L
Tenn L
Balt W

That's my optimistic look....Baltimore could be a loss as could SD if Rivers ends up being the real deal.

ICE74129
06-23-2006, 06:42 AM
Your post was useless garble anyways & I know deep down you wanted this, I can feel it.

No I just refuse to have my posts associated with someone who posts nothing but inbred moronic stupidity, which is all your posts reak of.

djjimkelly
06-23-2006, 08:35 AM
i think we are an 8-8 team with this schedule i like us vs the entire NFC north i like us vs texans titans i like us vs jets twice also. this being said we will prolly lose 2 of those games i think we should win and will win 2 games from ones most think we will lose. with a couple serious breaks we could be as good as 10-6. and im not being delusional!!!

1959BillsFan
06-23-2006, 12:34 PM
In the past 5 or 6 years, d?o?n?a=how has made me realize that his clubs should have NO expectations. Even d?o?n?a=how said the players he selected are/were "paper tigers". The talent was there, they just never performed.

I do like the new attitude that Marv is trying to pry into the players brains, BUT, it is up to those players to apply it.

Many of the individualistic stats players are gone, BUT many of them remain. Until those remaining selfish players are cut/traded/not resigned, I don't have any expectations.

feelthepain
06-23-2006, 12:41 PM
I picked 7-9 giving the Bills the benefit of the the doubt. There is no such thing as a guarantee in any sport so to count the Bills out is just unralistic. Their chances may not be very good to reach 500. at this point, but it doesn't mean they couldn't have a fluke season where all the stars line up and the football gods smile on the Bills. Teams have gone from 4-12 to 12-4 in just one season and it's happend many times where teams do a 180, so it's not impossible or even hard to imagine.

I do find it a difficult task for the Bills considering they did next to nothing in FA and they have a boatload of money to spend, but as I said before maybe thats money saved for the very near future. I think the Bills will battle in every single division game maybe they have one bad showing against someone in the division, but I also don't see them sweeping anyone in the division. Given the situations at the QB and Oline I see this being the Bills downfall, but I also see Willis having a rock solid year, unless the rest of the O is so bad that he will be the only option and teams focus on him knowing you have little else to offer, then things may not be so good for your elite RB.

You D should be a huge upgrade over last years group. Getting Spikes back is key here he's a leader and a baller, big loss for the Bills last year and one that can't be ignored in their overall performance. The secondary has had a big face lift and the youth and talent added there will be good for years to come IMO. I give the Bills credit for putting together what could be one of the best secondaries in the division maybe not this season, but soon. I must say I envy your group. Credit to Marv and Juron. Your Dline lost a serious DT, but he wasn't irreplaceable. I like the McCargo pick and the addition of Tripplett so they didn't take a step backwards thats for sure.

All in all the Bills should compete, but will lose a lot of hard faught games due the changing of systems on both sides of the ball and the youth movement. Next year the Bills should be in the hunt for the division title along with the rest and the division should return to being one of the toughest in football.
Well, thats how I see it.

wilcoxbills
06-23-2006, 12:51 PM
We will be the worst team in the NFL. Number 1 draft pick overall, and the Bills pick Brady Quinn QB :rrich: Notre Dame.

feelthepain
06-23-2006, 01:00 PM
We will be the worst team in the NFL. Number 1 draft pick overall, and the Bills pick Brady Quinn QB :rrich: Notre Dame.

I would have to think that would be worth one season of misery!! Reagrdless of who the team is or fans base. One horrible season for a shot at Quinn??? No brainer....give me 0 up and 16 down.

Mitchy moo
06-23-2006, 01:22 PM
No I just refuse to have my posts associated with someone who posts nothing but inbred moronic stupidity, which is all your posts reak of.

Your opinion's are all negative anyways.

BuffaloBillsStampede
06-23-2006, 02:30 PM
I think we have a real shot at 8-8 or 9-7, because you don't know what the Chargers will look like with Rivers at QB so I count that as a win. I think we sweep the Jets, split with NE and Miami. I have us going 3-1 against the NFC North with the only loss to Chicago, but I could also see us winning that game and losing the Minnesota game. We beat Tenn, and lost the others if I remember correctly. I really feel like J.P. gets crapped on all the time by people that have no knowledge of how he played last season. Lets face it only Bills fans and fans of the team we are playing watch our games, we don't have the kind of pull that a Dallas or New York has. I thought J.P. showed major signs of improvement against the Chiefs and Dolphins, not to mention he won his first game as a starter and even though it was against the Texans this is still the NFL. People look at his stats and think he sucks or they watch some sports show where the mention the Bills for 30 seconds and form their opinion of Losman without ever watching him in action. I have a ton of confidence in the kid and really feel that if we let him stick in there all year we will have a quarterback in the upper level of play in the NFL for 10 years. He has all the tools, as well as the drive now he just needs the time. Spikes coming back is huge not only on the field but in the locker room. He is the motivator on this team. In terms of the new coaching staff it really seems like this team is starting to buy into what they are doing to me. Everything you read is positive which is typical, but it just feels different as opposed to last year where it felt like they were only saying what they had to. Look for this team to really turn it up in the second half of the season, and be a playoff contender in '07.

Mitchy moo
06-23-2006, 02:59 PM
I think we have a real shot at 8-8 or 9-7, because you don't know what the Chargers will look like with Rivers at QB so I count that as a win. I think we sweep the Jets, split with NE and Miami. I have us going 3-1 against the NFC North with the only loss to Chicago, but I could also see us winning that game and losing the Minnesota game. We beat Tenn, and lost the others if I remember correctly. I really feel like J.P. gets crapped on all the time by people that have no knowledge of how he played last season. Lets face it only Bills fans and fans of the team we are playing watch our games, we don't have the kind of pull that a Dallas or New York has. I thought J.P. showed major signs of improvement against the Chiefs and Dolphins, not to mention he won his first game as a starter and even though it was against the Texans this is still the NFL. People look at his stats and think he sucks or they watch some sports show where the mention the Bills for 30 seconds and form their opinion of Losman without ever watching him in action. I have a ton of confidence in the kid and really feel that if we let him stick in there all year we will have a quarterback in the upper level of play in the NFL for 10 years. He has all the tools, as well as the drive now he just needs the time. Spikes coming back is huge not only on the field but in the locker room. He is the motivator on this team. In terms of the new coaching staff it really seems like this team is starting to buy into what they are doing to me. Everything you read is positive which is typical, but it just feels different as opposed to last year where it felt like they were only saying what they had to. Look for this team to really turn it up in the second half of the season, and be a playoff contender in '07.

I as well think we have a shot at a good record because of the schedule.

Dolfan984
06-25-2006, 05:21 PM
I say anywhere betweem 5-11 and 7-9. You guys will probably be better, but not by a whole lot. It really depends on how yall do against the division, and the only team I think you have a possibility of a sweep against is the Jets IMO.

PromoTheRobot
06-25-2006, 08:48 PM
You can never be sure who's going to be good or bad in the NFL from year-to-year, but when I look at our schedule, I see a lot of winable games. I don't think 9-7 is out of the question.

gannd
06-25-2006, 09:03 PM
I don't have much hope. Losman is going to be a bust.