PDA

View Full Version : colts could take some of the bills thunder in FA

Tatonka
02-17-2003, 12:39 AM
looks like they may be more active than we think...

Feb. 13, 2003
Colts giving themselves more room
The Colts have been the most active team restructuring contracts. They have redone the contracts of six players -- defensive end Chad Bratzke, offensive tackles Adam Meadows and Tarik Glenn, tight end Marcus Pollard, cornerback Walt Harris and kicker Mike Vanderjagt. Those six deals saved the Colts $8.7 million of cap room and once all the contracts are submitted, it would put the Colts about $6.2 million under the cap.

lordofgun
02-17-2003, 09:28 AM
mortgaging their future...

WG
02-17-2003, 09:32 AM
No mention of Peterson and Scioli either. I'll gladly take those two guys off of their hands to fill our DE/LB needs!

clumping platelets
02-17-2003, 09:34 AM
They did all that just to get under the cap. Now they must tender RFAs and EFAs, have cap space for the draft picks, etc

Colts could a big player IF they finsih an extension with Manning....that could save many millions in 2003.

clumping platelets
02-17-2003, 09:36 AM
I'm working on the Colts cap. I was curious how all these "simple" restructurings was gonna hit their cap in future years.

Now I see where John BUTTler learned how to manage the cap......the Bill Polian "School of Capology" :snicker:

Ebenezer
02-17-2003, 10:07 AM
WGR was saying this morning that the Colts will not tag Peterson. They will try to bring him in on a deal cheap this year and then have larger salaries down the line. Chris Brown was saying there is almost no way they can open up enough money to tag him without ending up like Denver.

lordofgun
02-17-2003, 10:15 AM
I miss WGR. WNSA is so lame. :wail:

CLump, when you figure it out, donm't forget to let us know whether this will land the Colts in cap JAIL, or cap HELL. I'm crossing my fingers for HELL! :pray:

Ebenezer
02-17-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun

That is because Howard Simon is the only legit sports guy they have...

Rick Maloney is good but he is/was a business writer.

Doug Young/Zig/Brinson are morons that are only there because of their connections to interviews. Brinson knows basketball but around here nobody cares...

kgun12
02-17-2003, 11:53 AM
"Doug Young/Zig/Brinson are morons that are only there because of their connections to interviews. Brinson knows basketball but around here nobody cares..."

We can refer to these guys as the 3 stooges. They are horrible!

Ebenezer
02-17-2003, 12:00 PM
:rofl:

Earthquake Enyart
02-17-2003, 12:15 PM
There is a lot of talk here of Colvin going to the Colts. The last week, the other Bear players gave Colvin a garbage can with fake money and a Colts logo on the side.

Ebenezer
02-17-2003, 12:17 PM
The Colts will be hard pressed to get anybody and if they do they will only put more pressure on their future cap...not a smart move.

colin
02-17-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun

CLump, when you figure it out, donm't forget to let us know whether this will land the Colts in cap JAIL, or cap HELL. I'm crossing my fingers for HELL! :pray:

I laugh out loud every time i listen to brad rider(sp).

because i live in a concrete jungle, i can't get them on the radio now, and they are gay so they don't do the Net cast anymore. Only when i am borrowing someone's car do i get to hear WGR. And Howard Stern is no longer on the only TO radio station I can pick up clearly. I am gonna kick the Canadian culture Nazis in the freaking balls.