Brodrick Bunkley, the Bills better option in the 1st round........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PIZ
    • Apr 2003

Brodrick Bunkley, the Bills better option in the 1st round........

But the guy is a better prospect than Whittner. (insert sarcasm) There was a reason why Levy didn't want the guy. Maybe this is the reason.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Brodrick Bunkley, the Bills better option in the 1st round........

Lets see, they run one of the more complicated systems in the NFL on defense. now I wonder....is it possible a rookie might have an initial tough time picking it up? Hummmm....

Comment

• PIZ
      • Apr 2003

I agree it is a tough defense, but if we would have picked him up at 8, we would have expected him to come in and dominant. Whittner seems to be picking things up quickly. I think I read he had the entire defense 80% down after the first mini-camp. One of the knocks on Bunkley was that he wasn't very bright. I'm going to side with Marv until he proves me wrong.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by PIZ
        I agree it is a tough defense, but if we would have picked him up at 8, we would have expected him to come in and dominant. Whittner seems to be picking things up quickly. I think I read he had the entire defense 80% down after the first mini-camp. One of the knocks on Bunkley was that he wasn't very bright. I'm going to side with Marv until he proves me wrong.
        Don't do that, you will disagreeing with ICE, and he is 100% right about everything and that's a fact! He reminds us of that several times a day. If he says the world is flat, it is 100% FACT, so you better agree or he will call you an idiot.
        You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
          Don't do that, you will disagreeing with ICE, and he is 100% right about everything and that's a fact! He reminds us of that several times a day. If he says the world is flat, it is 100% FACT, so you better agree or he will call you an idiot.
          Agreed. And the sooner you realise that the better

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by PIZ
            So you side with Marv until he proves you wrong? Why? What as a GM has made you take that stance?

Or is it the fact he was a COACH at sometime for the bills? Coaching doesnt' = GM success.

That said, The cover 2 isn't that difficult to pick up vs philly's D.

I will grant you and agree Whitner is a hell of a pickup, but DT was a greater need and I still dont' agree with picking him at #8 unless he has an immediate impact like Roy Willams etc

Comment

• PIZ
              • Apr 2003

I agree with Marv because he has NFL experience and I do not. He has had hands on evaluation of NFL players and I have not. He is a hall of fame coach and I am not. He knows what kind of player is needed to make a run at a Super Bowl and I do not. That is why I will not question what he does.

DT was our biggest need (in the eyes of fans) but maybe Safety was the biggest need in the eyes of Marv.

Also, I don't pretend to know everything about football, but you would think DT would be one of the easier position on the Eagle's defense to learn; Line up and go to the ball.

Comment

• R. Rich
                • Apr 2003

Why didn't we just take D'Brickashaw Ferguson?

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by PIZ
                  I agree with Marv because he has NFL experience and I do not. He has had hands on evaluation of NFL players and I have not. He is a hall of fame coach and I am not. He knows what kind of player is needed to make a run at a Super Bowl and I do not. That is why I will not question what he does.

DT was our biggest need (in the eyes of fans) but maybe Safety was the biggest need in the eyes of Marv.
                  Homerism. We ask JP losman to PROVE he should be the QB but give blind faith to a former HC that is a new GM. Typical. 'But ICE he was a GM in Canada'. So what? CFL vs NFL? please.

As for as having NFL personel men on board, yeah the same guys that have seen us going 6 straight years without playoffs? Yeah I have a ton of faith in those guys informing marv.

As for as knowing what types of players to get to a superbowl, that was Bill polian, not marv.

Comment

• PIZ
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
                    Homerism. We ask JP losman to PROVE he should be the QB but give blind faith to a former HC that is a new GM. Typical. 'But ICE he was a GM in Canada'. So what? CFL vs NFL? please.

As for as having NFL personel men on board, yeah the same guys that have seen us going 6 straight years without playoffs? Yeah I have a ton of faith in those guys informing marv.

As for as knowing what types of players to get to a superbowl, that was Bill polian, not marv.
                    I'm not asking JP to prove anything, but prove you're better than Holcomb and Nall. It's sounds like he's doing that, and I love it. I am a JP fan. I never said anything about Marv being a GM in the CFL; All I know is he knows more about the NFL than I do. Donahoe was a big reason why we haven't made the playoffs, so I don't agree that the front office is incompetent. As far as Bill Polian, I won't argue he picked the guys, but don't you think Marv learned a thing or 2 from him? Bill Polian even mentioned the Bills had a great draft.

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by R. Rich
                      That's what I'm saying.

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by R. Rich
                        Its my understanding Dick wanted to and Marv didn't.

Comment

• Bling
                          • Jul 2004

ACTUALLY, this proves that DT is more important of a position than S, or Buffalo's system is just too vanilla. Either way, your defense is one step behind.

Comment

• John Doe
                            Florida Man
                            • Jul 2002

Maybe Bunkley will be a "rotational" player this year.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

EDITED FOR TOS VIOLATION

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X