• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Bunkley = Backup Rotational DT

I posted this in someone else's thread but thought this deserves its own discussion..
    ==========================================================

I dont need to comment..

But can someone please read this and inform everyone else who's a BroD Bunkley Junkie..

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamRep...NotesAndQuotes

--Asked about first-round defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley's progress during the team's spring minicamps, defensive coordinator Jim Johnson suggested that the rookie has struggled. "I think the light has come on just a little bit more this last week," he said. "I think he's played much better. I think his technique has improved a little, for what we want. But it's still a work in progress. He's not there yet." Bunkley figures to be part of a four-man tackle rotation this season that likely also will include '05 first-rounder Mike Patterson, Darwin Walker and Sam Rayburn.
    =======================================================

Doesnt sound much like a STARTER does he? Sounds more like a "rotational backup" now doesnt he? Wow, we havent heard that "rotational backup" a MILLION times here now have we?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Bling
    • Jul 2004

Re: Bunkley = Backup Rotational DT

Amazing how you guys jacked off to the thought of him, now you guys are bashing him? Doesn't make sense....

Comment

• John Doe
      Florida Man
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      I posted this in someone else's thread but thought this deserves its own discussion..
      ==========================================================

I dont need to comment..

But can someone please read this and inform everyone else who's a BroD Bunkley Junkie..

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamRep...NotesAndQuotes

--Asked about first-round defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley's progress during the team's spring minicamps, defensive coordinator Jim Johnson suggested that the rookie has struggled. "I think the light has come on just a little bit more this last week," he said. "I think he's played much better. I think his technique has improved a little, for what we want. But it's still a work in progress. He's not there yet." Bunkley figures to be part of a four-man tackle rotation this season that likely also will include '05 first-rounder Mike Patterson, Darwin Walker and Sam Rayburn.
      =======================================================

Doesnt sound much like a STARTER does he? Sounds more like a "rotational backup" now doesnt he? Wow, we havent heard that "rotational backup" a MILLION times here now have we?
      Wow! It really looks like Philly streached with that pick. Imagine picking a "rotational" tackle that high. Maybe his technique will improve little by little and he can break into the starter's spot by the end of his contract.

Comment

• Bling
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by John Doe
        Wow! It really looks like Philly streached with that pick. Imagine picking a "rotational" tackle that high. Maybe his technique will improve little by little and he can break into the starter's spot by the end of his contract.
        He'd be starting if he played for the Bills. Trust me.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

The thread is sarcasm towards the "know it all" Bills "fans" who WHINE that we drafted a "backup rotational" McCargo and DIDNT draft the POLISHED READY TO START AND DOMINATE DT from day one in Bunkley...

Drafting McCargo doesnt look so bad now does it? thanks, but I'll take Whitner and McCargo before Bunkley and some second/third round safety.

Comment

• Bling
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            The thread is sarcasm towards the "know it all" Bills "fans" who WHINE that we drafted a "backup rotational" McCargo and DIDNT draft the POLISHED READY TO START AND DOMINATE DT from day one in Bunkley...

Drafting McCargo doesnt look so bad now does it? thanks, but I'll take Whitner and McCargo before Bunkley and some second/third round safety.

So you'd rather have McCargo/Whitner/Simpson instead of Bunkley/Simpson/Bing or Jean-Giles? You're a smart guy, pat. I respect your opinion.

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Bling
              Amazing how you guys jacked off to the thought of him, now you guys are bashing him? Doesn't make sense....
              Im offended!

I, for one, would never jack off to anyone who wasnt a hot actress with the last name Beckinsale.

Furthermore, I think the Ravens need Sam Adams back!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

So you'd rather have McCargo/Whitner/Simpson instead of Bunkley/Simpson/Bing or Jean-Giles? You're a smart guy, pat. I respect your opinion.
                Honestly.. Absolutely I would in a SECOND I'd rather have the Whitner/McCargo/Simpson combo.

Obviously, Simpson is a wash as he's in both scenarios.

Bing isn't even a safety anymore. THe Raiders drafted him in round four (already have Huff) and are converting him to a linebacker. That's the last thing we need. Even if he didnt convert to LB, He's the anti-cover two safety and there are 10 other safeties I would have taken before him.

And with Jean-Giles, maybe I suffer from Bennie Andersoncitis, but I dont want any more FAT guards that can't move and are a threat to eat their way out of the league.

Bunkley MAY turn out to be a better player than McCargo, but I'm SURE Whitner will be a better safety than any drafted after the 26th pick.

I'm not going to hate on Bunkley. I liked him coming out of FSU. But the reality is he did have ONE good year and ONE great series of workouts.. If the bills drafted him with the 8th pick he'd be in the same situation as we have with McCargo at 26--- Sharing and rotating snaps, but instead of with Tripplett it would be with Tim ANderson.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Simpson we got no matter what.

Bing vs. Whitner? Ill take Whitner. The speed vs. hit power and tackling makes Whitner a 1st round lock, Bing was marginal as a 1st rounder.

As for Bunkley, yes, I liked him but he was a late riser who was undersized very similar to McCargo. I consider Bunkley and McCargo cut from the same cloth, its a push to me honestly.

So, to me at least, Whitner and McCargo is an upgrade to Bunkley and Bing.

Jean Giles was a fat slob at the combine, I wouldnt draft him on day one.

Now Spencer, yeah I would have taken him.

Comment

• Kerr
                    Hall of Fame Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

So far it's just a hint that Marv ma have made a sound choice passing on bunkley. The question is would bunkley have grasped the cover 2 D? Who knows, maybe he's just struggling to adapt to the nfl period, but if he ends up not producing in his rookie year, then marv will score high praises from the media if whitner has better season than bunkley.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

No draft pick can be properly evaluated for years.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

you guys are missing the ENTIRE point of this thread.

This thread is NOTHING MORE than a sarcastic, yet totally ACCURATE (read the Eagles column) response to the few 'Einsteins' on here who do nothing but ***** and whine that we traded up to #26 to draft a "rotational/backup" DT.. And we should've taken Bunkley when the FACT is he's in the same boat as McCargo (plus we got Whitner)

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

I get it, Pat. I think Bunkley may be fine eventually, He's got too much natural talent not to be, but I'm happy with what Levy did. Whether or not he could have gotten Whitner a little later, I think he is going to be a great and needed addition to the Bills defensive backfield, and I agree it looks like McCargo will have every bit the rookie impact that Bunkley will at this point.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Well reports also have said recently that St. Louis wanted Whitner 11th and when he was gone they traded down with Denver.. So if we were trading down to get Whitner it couldnt have been more than 2 spots, in which case wouldnt have been more than a 4th or 5th rounder...

I'm the opposite of a lot of people on here.. I HATED most of our free agency, though I blame Wilson more than Levy for that.. and I absolutely LOVED our draft.. Whitner or a franchise QB were the two best picks at #8 and Levy understandably took the safety (though i would've taken Cutler- but that's another topic).. I was VERY happy with the draft.

Comment

• eeyyeeddoogg
                              • Jan 2005

I like Whitner. He will be a bigtime player but my draft would have went;
                              Ngata, Justice, Youboty, Simpson.

Comment

Working...
                              X