X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Q & A with Bills All-Pro Takeo Spikes

Despite suffering a gut-wrenching Achilles tendon injury in a Week 3 matchup with the Atlanta Falcons last season, Buffalo Bills outside linebacker Takeo Spikes is in great spirits. The two-time Pro Bowler has worked extremely hard to return to form for the upcoming season, and it appears he will. Thanks to tireless rehabilitation and the motivation to succeed, Spikes is nearly at full strength. more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • LifetimeBillsFan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Aug 2004

Re: Q & A with Bills All-Pro Takeo Spikes

Interesting Q & A.

I would have liked to know what positions he was refering to when he said he thought the team was two veterans away from being a new team. And, whether, in his opinion, the team was starting to buy into the new system. It also would have been nice to get more of an opinion of the new coaching staff.

Still, it sounds like he has really set that opening game of the season as a goal in his mind and, IMHO, that's good.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
      Interesting Q & A.

I would have liked to know what positions he was refering to when he said he thought the team was two veterans away from being a new team. And, whether, in his opinion, the team was starting to buy into the new system. It also would have been nice to get more of an opinion of the new coaching staff.

Still, it sounds like he has really set that opening game of the season as a goal in his mind and, IMHO, that's good.
      Well, QB is obviously one, but I'm not sure where else. Maybe he was just trying to not make it obvious that his main concern is QB. I think that is on the top of just about everyone's list.

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by andyxc71
        Well, QB is obviously one, but I'm not sure where else. Maybe he was just trying to not make it obvious that his main concern is QB. I think that is on the top of just about everyone's list.
        Well what I have to tell spikes and any other veteran is tough ****. ALL veterans at some point have to go though the growing pains of having a rookie/young QB playing and developing on his team at some point.

I have to wonder if that wasn't a reason he got out of Cinci, knowing Palmer a young guy would be starting and maybe setting them back a year or so?

This should be JP's year. If he wants to try and win, then support him fully, encourage him, support him in the press, in the locker room and on the field. Go out and do your job the best you can and all things will fall into place

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

You guys need to read better he said they are 2 veterans removed from having a completely new team.

" The team is about two veteran guys removed from being a total new team. How fast we buy into the system is the key."-Takeo Spikes.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
            Sab and TD are insignificant
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
            Well what I have to tell spikes and any other veteran is tough ****. ALL veterans at some point have to go though the growing pains of having a rookie/young QB playing and developing on his team at some point.

I have to wonder if that wasn't a reason he got out of Cinci, knowing Palmer a young guy would be starting and maybe setting them back a year or so?

This should be JP's year. If he wants to try and win, then support him fully, encourage him, support him in the press, in the locker room and on the field. Go out and do your job the best you can and all things will fall into place
            Wasn't Carson Palmer drafted by the Bengals after Spikes had already played his first year with us?
            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Very nice read. I like his answer on why he left Cincy and how he's the best linebacker in the game.

Comment

• EricStratton
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                Wasn't Carson Palmer drafted by the Bengals after Spikes had already played his first year with us?

He was drafted in 2003, the year Spikes signed with the Bills

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by EricStratton
                  He was drafted in 2003, the year Spikes signed with the Bills
                  True. But spikes thought he was coming to a place with an established all pro QB

I am sure thats what every player wants behind center but it doesnt' work that way. Now if you want to get a guy where he can possibly become that, you need to support the guy back there and let him develop

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by The Spaz
                    You guys need to read better he said they are 2 veterans removed from having a completely new team.

" The team is about two veteran guys removed from being a total new team. How fast we buy into the system is the key."-Takeo Spikes.
                    Yeah. That's what I read, but what exactly does he mean by that? We're two vets away from being a totally new team in what sense? Can you explain what he means without repeating what he said?

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

He means if another 2 veterans had been released/replaced, we'd be an entirely new team. He's just making a statement of how much turnover there has been on the roster - its not some prediction that more guys will be (or should be) replaced.

BTW, its nice to see TKO hasn't lost his touch with the one sentence answers.. lol.. He was nice enough to do an interview with us a while back, and every answer was like 5 words long...

Comment

Working...
                      X