PDA

View Full Version : Q & A with Bills All-Pro Takeo Spikes

The_Philster
06-23-2006, 05:02 AM
Despite suffering a gut-wrenching Achilles tendon injury in a Week 3 matchup with the <ACRONYM title="Atlanta Falcons News">Atlanta Falcons</ACRONYM> last season, Buffalo Bills outside linebacker Takeo Spikes is in great spirits. The two-time Pro Bowler has worked extremely hard to return to form for the upcoming season, and it appears he will. Thanks to tireless rehabilitation and the motivation to succeed, Spikes is nearly at full strength. more (http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/06/takeo-spikes-interview230606.html)

LifetimeBillsFan
06-23-2006, 08:04 AM
Interesting Q & A.

I would have liked to know what positions he was refering to when he said he thought the team was two veterans away from being a new team. And, whether, in his opinion, the team was starting to buy into the new system. It also would have been nice to get more of an opinion of the new coaching staff.

Still, it sounds like he has really set that opening game of the season as a goal in his mind and, IMHO, that's good.

ParanoidAndroid
06-23-2006, 08:58 AM
Interesting Q & A.

I would have liked to know what positions he was refering to when he said he thought the team was two veterans away from being a new team. And, whether, in his opinion, the team was starting to buy into the new system. It also would have been nice to get more of an opinion of the new coaching staff.

Still, it sounds like he has really set that opening game of the season as a goal in his mind and, IMHO, that's good.

Well, QB is obviously one, but I'm not sure where else. Maybe he was just trying to not make it obvious that his main concern is QB. :idunno: I think that is on the top of just about everyone's list.

ICE74129
06-23-2006, 09:25 AM
Well, QB is obviously one, but I'm not sure where else. Maybe he was just trying to not make it obvious that his main concern is QB. :idunno: I think that is on the top of just about everyone's list.

Well what I have to tell spikes and any other veteran is tough ****. ALL veterans at some point have to go though the growing pains of having a rookie/young QB playing and developing on his team at some point.

I have to wonder if that wasn't a reason he got out of Cinci, knowing Palmer a young guy would be starting and maybe setting them back a year or so?

This should be JP's year. If he wants to try and win, then support him fully, encourage him, support him in the press, in the locker room and on the field. Go out and do your job the best you can and all things will fall into place

The Spaz
06-23-2006, 11:00 AM
You guys need to read better he said they are 2 veterans removed from having a completely new team.

" The team is about two veteran guys removed from being a total new team. How fast we buy into the system is the key."-Takeo Spikes.

ublinkwescore
06-23-2006, 11:54 AM
Well what I have to tell spikes and any other veteran is tough ****. ALL veterans at some point have to go though the growing pains of having a rookie/young QB playing and developing on his team at some point.

I have to wonder if that wasn't a reason he got out of Cinci, knowing Palmer a young guy would be starting and maybe setting them back a year or so?

This should be JP's year. If he wants to try and win, then support him fully, encourage him, support him in the press, in the locker room and on the field. Go out and do your job the best you can and all things will fall into place

Wasn't Carson Palmer drafted by the Bengals after Spikes had already played his first year with us?

Carlton Bailey
06-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Very nice read. I like his answer on why he left Cincy and how he's the best linebacker in the game.

EricStratton
06-23-2006, 01:46 PM
Wasn't Carson Palmer drafted by the Bengals after Spikes had already played his first year with us?

He was drafted in 2003, the year Spikes signed with the Bills

ICE74129
06-23-2006, 01:53 PM
He was drafted in 2003, the year Spikes signed with the Bills

True. But spikes thought he was coming to a place with an established all pro QB

I am sure thats what every player wants behind center but it doesnt' work that way. Now if you want to get a guy where he can possibly become that, you need to support the guy back there and let him develop

ParanoidAndroid
06-23-2006, 10:05 PM
You guys need to read better he said they are 2 veterans removed from having a completely new team.

" The team is about two veteran guys removed from being a total new team. How fast we buy into the system is the key."-Takeo Spikes.

Yeah. That's what I read, but what exactly does he mean by that? We're two vets away from being a totally new team in what sense? Can you explain what he means without repeating what he said?

JJamezz
06-24-2006, 10:04 AM
He means if another 2 veterans had been released/replaced, we'd be an entirely new team. He's just making a statement of how much turnover there has been on the roster - its not some prediction that more guys will be (or should be) replaced.

BTW, its nice to see TKO hasn't lost his touch with the one sentence answers.. lol.. He was nice enough to do an interview with us a while back, and every answer was like 5 words long...