PDA

View Full Version : Miami interested in Spikes...

TypicalBill
02-17-2003, 06:26 AM
Miami reportedly is contemplating making a contract offer to Spikes despite Cincinnati’s plan to tag him as the team’s transition player.

Cincinnati could retain Spikes by matching any offer from another team, but the Bengals are notoriously frugal and might not be willing to match a big offer to him.

SOURCE (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/columns/0217story1_columns.shtml?0217story1_columns.shtml)

It also states:

The Patriots will be in the running to sign Davis, who is expected to be cut by the Washington Redskins in a salary cap move despite having led the NFC with 1,432 yards rushing in 2001.

Bulldog
02-17-2003, 07:21 AM
Not a prayer in hell the Phins sign Spikes. They are already $5 million over the projected cap for next year and would have to cut or restructure alot of players contracts to make this possible. I personally think Bob Mathews is a complete idiot and has lost touch with the reality of sports today. All this guy cares about is a soccer stadium in downtown Rochester.

TypicalBill
02-17-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog
I personally think Bob Mathews is a complete idiot and has lost touch with the reality of sports today. All this guy cares about is a soccer stadium in downtown Rochester.

:mods:

:D

WG
02-17-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog
Not a prayer in hell the Phins sign Spikes. They are already $5 million over the projected cap for next year and would have to cut or restructure alot of players contracts to make this possible. I personally think Bob Mathews is a complete idiot and has lost touch with the reality of sports today. All this guy cares about is a soccer stadium in downtown Rochester.

Yeah Bulldog, but you never know what restructurings are going to do to a team. If Miami makes an offer then they make an offer. I assume if they make one however, that they are capable of making it happen, eh.

WG
02-17-2003, 09:49 AM
I'm more worried about N.E. getting Davis than Spikes landing in Miami. Miami's had a tough D for years, although this past year's D wasn't quite up to par w/ those. Nonetheless, Davis in N.E. gives the Pats a dimension that they didn't have in their SB year nor this past season. Davis is so far above Smith that it'll be scary. He's got Smith's power and more and has some corner speed as well. Not tremendous, but Smith has none. He'd put a whole new dimension into the Pats' running game.

Apparently Hayes is going to get cut prior to the FAcy period beginning. That will leave the Pats somewhat shy of WRs, especially big ones. They'll be active in the FA WR market. It's full of what they need this year, size WRs.

colin
02-17-2003, 12:37 PM
This is just as valid a concern:

Colin interested in a Rosario Dawson, Rebecca Romain Stamos sex sandwich with the Olson Twins on the side.

I can be as intereseted as I want, I just don't have the cap dollars.