PDA

View Full Version : three players that the SABRES could be interested in

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-23-2006, 08:11 PM
From ESPN the Magazine

The postseason emergence of rookie G Cam Ward in Carolina means regular-season starter Martin Gerber will be available on the free agent market.

Now if I remember correctly when Gerber was with Anaheim the Sabres tried to trade Martin Biron for Gerber and with Biron suposedly not coming back because of his back-up role and salary would we sign this guy?

Vinny Lecavalier could be the odd star out. After reupping his linemate and 2004 Conn Smythe winner Brad Richards to a five-year $39M the Lightning might need cap space to fill pressing holes on D and in goal. Lecavalier is very marketable, and he doesn't have no-trade clause. But if GM Jay Feaster perfers to deal Martin St. Louis, he'd better get on it. The speedy wing's no-trade provision kicks in on July 1

I would take Lecavalier any day you could put him on any line, and if we got Martin St Louis this team would be good "scary good" just imagine Daniel Briere on one side and St Louis on the other they couldn't be stopped!

SABuffalo786
06-24-2006, 12:51 AM
We have enough forwards already.

Give me another solid blue liner or two and I'll be happy with the off-season.

Ingtar33
06-28-2006, 05:58 AM
anyone who say the lightning win the cup wouldn't say this.. both St Louis, and Lecavalier are worth it.

ddaryl
06-29-2006, 02:38 AM
We're going to lose 1 or 2 FA O-men, and a D-man or 2.

Those players will need to be replaced, it would be nice to upgrade these players, instead of filling the positions with bodies. We'll need more the Blueliners to take it to the next level in 2006-2007

Earthquake Enyart
06-29-2006, 07:30 AM
Don't get your hopes up for more than a couple of european defensemen you've never heard of and a retread backup goalie.