PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com RB poll:

LtFinFan66
06-23-2006, 09:20 PM
Which AFC East RB will have the most yards in 2006? Current standings!

NFL POLL <STYLE> .pollQuestion{ font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #FFFFFF; font-weight: bold; font-size: 12px; } .pollResponce{ font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #FFFFFF; font-size: 11px; } .pollTotal{ font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #FFFFFF; font-size: 10px; } .pollPercent{ font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #FFFFFF; font-weight: bold; font-size: 14px; } </STYLE><SCRIPT language=javascript1.2> var pollValue; function submitPoll(){ if( pollValue ){ document.getElementById('pollForm').submit(); }else{ alert('You forgot to vote...'); } } function selectPoll( value ){ pollValue = value; } </SCRIPT><!-- POLL TITLE --><TABLE class=pollTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=10 width=198 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Which of these AFC East running backs will have the most yards in 2006?
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
41%
Ronnie Brown

</TD></TR><TR><TD>
36%
Willis McGahee

</TD></TR><TR><TD>
16%
Corey Dillon

</TD></TR><TR><TD>
6%
Curtis Martin

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=pollTotal align=middle colSpan=2>Total Votes: 859</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Nighthawk
06-23-2006, 09:27 PM
Of course this is going to go this way...the Dolphins are getting all the hype. Doesn't surprise me.

Bling
06-23-2006, 09:37 PM
ROFL... quit living your life in denial, Nighthawk. They'd vote Curtis Martin if he just came off that 1600 yard season again, and didn't have that injury. They'd vote McGahee if he went 1200 yards with only 10 games? Fact is that Brown just lost Williams, and was right there with Cadillac. Nobodys going to vote Martin or Dillon because of their age, injuries, and their backups. We already know what McGahee can put up, nobody sees the potential anymore. Brown has the potential, and
just gave people a reason to vote for him - potential and Ricky Williams.

LtFinFan66
06-23-2006, 09:46 PM
:goodpost: Plus Culpepper is getting all the hype, not Brown

ParanoidAndroid
06-23-2006, 09:53 PM
I think Brown will probably gain more, but not on sheer talent. If the Bills had a viable passing attack things would open up. for example, if McGahee was a Colt, he'd be in the running for the league lead IMO. Brown has potential and could be a very good one, but when I saw Cadillac hit the hole in a few games last year it became clear to me that he is the real deal....if he can stay healthy.
McGahee is said to have shed a few pounds and has gotten his speed back to where it was his senior year. If so, we could see a different RB this year. Of course, as we all know, every bit of this is speculation.

Bling
06-23-2006, 10:26 PM
I think Brown will probably gain more, but not on sheer talent. If the Bills had a viable passing attack things would open up. for example, if McGahee was a Colt, he'd be in the running for the league lead IMO. Brown has potential and could be a very good one, but when I saw Cadillac hit the hole in a few games last year it became clear to me that he is the real deal....if he can stay healthy.
McGahee is said to have shed a few pounds and has gotten his speed back to where it was his senior year. If so, we could see a different RB this year. Of course, as we all know, every bit of this is speculation.

Cadillac is the real deal. LOL. As in better than Brown? I think there's a reason why Gruden would have drafted Brown before Cadillac... I think there's a reason why ex-LSU coach Nick Saban drafted Brown.

ZacGriffi~82
06-24-2006, 12:16 AM
That's probaly how it will go.

The_Philster
06-24-2006, 11:00 AM
That's probaly how it will go.
I agree. I'd love to see Ronnie Brown shut down consistently..only cause he's a Fish...but the kid's good

Nighthawk
06-24-2006, 11:53 AM
:goodpost: Plus Culpepper is getting all the hype, not Brown

I didn't say that Brown was getting all the hype...I said the Dolphins team was. For that reason and because everybody believes they will be good this year. People always will go with the player who has talent and is supposedly on a "better" team...it's just the way it is. That's why I think they picked Brown over McGahee.

Nighthawk
06-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Cadillac is the real deal. LOL. As in better than Brown? I think there's a reason why Gruden would have drafted Brown before Cadillac... I think there's a reason why ex-LSU coach Nick Saban drafted Brown.

Come on, Bling! Why do all you Phin fans think that Saban is the next coming? He has done ZIP, ZERO...NADA in the NFL. Because they finished good and played a very week schedule last year, we are supposed to think that Saban is the best analyst of talent? I understand the optimism, but you guys take it over the top! Mularkey did the EXACT same thing as Saban did in his first year and how'd that end up? And don't give me this crap that is different...it isn't. Just because people predict your team will do well, doesn't make your team Super Bowl Champions. You still have to play the games on the field! Go Bills!:xtreme:

lordofgun
06-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Ronnie Brown = bust

YardRat
06-24-2006, 02:03 PM
If I were picking, I'd vote the same way. Brown has a better chance of leading the AFC East in yards this year than McGahee does, IMO.

ParanoidAndroid
06-24-2006, 04:24 PM

I think it's well known that draft position isn't a true determinator of talent. I'm sure there are many stories about GM's and coaches who didn't get the guy they wanted, but instead, ended up getting a better player by "mistake." I was blown away watching the Cadillac excelerate through the hole. Brown is good, but I think Williams is actually the better of the two at the NFL level, at least until Gruden pounds him into oblivion. You have your opinion and I have mine.

LtFinFan66
06-24-2006, 04:33 PM
I think it's well known that draft position isn't a true determinator of talent. I'm sure there are many stories about GM's and coaches who didn't get the guy they wanted, but instead, ended up getting a better player by "mistake." I was blown away watching the Cadillac excelerate through the hole. Brown is good, but I think Williams is actually the better of the two at the NFL level, at least until Gruden pounds him into oblivion. You have your opinion and I have mine.Give Ronnie this year before you make that decesion. He shared carries last year with Ricky. This year is all his!

Meathead
06-24-2006, 05:07 PM
losing ricky will prove to be a lot bigger blow than anybody thinks right now. two quality backs like that can't not make the team better

nevertheless i was very impressed with ronnie brown and think he will be a very productive back in that miami offense. he will be ranked higher on my ff lists

ow stop hitting myself

ParanoidAndroid
06-24-2006, 08:58 PM
Give Ronnie this year before you make that decesion. He shared carries last year with Ricky. This year is all his!

Point well taken. He had that knock coming out of the draft, that he might need a complimentary back in order to stay healthy. The same could be said for Caddy. Didn't both of them get banged up? Perhaps a little experience with taking more snaps is the ticket. They are different kinds of runners and perhaps I'm just more impressed with Caddy's style. I'll give him one more chance at your request LT. :D

MDFINFAN
06-24-2006, 11:58 PM
Point well taken. He had that knock coming out of the draft, that he might need a complimentary back in order to stay healthy. The same could be said for Caddy. Didn't both of them get banged up? Perhaps a little experience with taking more snaps is the ticket. They are different kinds of runners and perhaps I'm just more impressed with Caddy's style. I'll give him one more chance at your request LT. :D

That was very nice of you andyxc71, Ronnie is more of a pounder than Caddy, but damn both of them are good, I keep thinking about both of them on that Auburn team along with Campbell as QB, no wonder they went undefeated..If Ronnie didn't miss the final 2 games, I think it would have been a toss up for ROY on O, but the buc's went to the playoff, vote goes to caddy in that scenario..but brown missing those 2 games plus sharing reps with ricky and still only coming up 100 + yards less than Caddy, does make me want to see him again this year in a full season with the full load like Caddy had last year.

LtFinFan66
06-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Point well taken. He had that knock coming out of the draft, that he might need a complimentary back in order to stay healthy. The same could be said for Caddy. Didn't both of them get banged up? Perhaps a little experience with taking more snaps is the ticket. They are different kinds of runners and perhaps I'm just more impressed with Caddy's style. I'll give him one more chance at your request LT. :D:up:

Jeff1220
06-25-2006, 01:56 PM
No RB shoulders the entire load. Even Shaud William sees playing time. Ricky has done more good for Ronnie and his yardage than harm. Ricky's carries kept him fresh-legged for the carries he had. The difference this year will be a small amount of extra carries for Ronnie, while the rest of those extra 'breather' carries that Ricky had will likely be divided 2:1 between Sammy Morris and Travis Minor. If Ronnie Gets more yardage this year, it'll be because he has improved and the NFL game has slowed down for him - not because Ricky is gone.