PDA

View Full Version : Pronger wants out of Edmonton

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-24-2006, 05:16 PM
Could we be interested he's that steady defenceman that can log 30 min. of ice time

chernobylwraiths
06-24-2006, 05:18 PM
He always said great things about it, what's the change?

Link?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-24-2006, 05:21 PM

Link?

I said it OLN/TSN they even talked to Kevin Lowe the GM of the Oilers

chernobylwraiths
06-24-2006, 05:25 PM
I said it OLN/TSN they even talked to Kevin Lowe the GM of the Oilers

I wonder what the change is. I'm sure there will be stories about this shortly.

As to your original question, not a chance he comes here. He makes too damned much. Sabres won't pay that no matter how good he is.

SkateZilla
06-24-2006, 05:55 PM
old news, he wanted out in the conference finals acording to TSN...

Bill Brasky
06-24-2006, 06:23 PM
he'll cost too much. we'll get to see him play when he signs with Toronto or some team that is willing to give him a raise from his already $6mil/year

SABuffalo786
06-24-2006, 07:51 PM
Good God, I'd love to have him on Buffalo. Shame about the money...

SabreEleven
06-24-2006, 09:27 PM
People in hell want ice water, too.

RockStar36
06-24-2006, 10:31 PM
Here is the link....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/n ews/story?id=2499755

RockStar36
06-24-2006, 10:32 PM
The Sabres have plenty of cap room. Maybe they should quit being tight asses and go for someone big in FA or trade.

Bill Brasky
06-24-2006, 10:54 PM
You've got to be nuts if you seriously think this guy is coming here, or that it is a possibility...

They won't give McKee 3+, why do you think they'd give Pronger 7-8/year?

They also have to resign half the roster. It'd be great, but it will NEVER happen.

YardRat
06-24-2006, 10:59 PM
Let him go elsewhere.

Use the money to re-sign McKee and others, then maybe pick-up another younger, lower profile, and cheaper defensemen to add to the regular rotation.

Bill Brasky
06-24-2006, 11:10 PM
I think McKee is gone... unfortunately. It will be a catostrophic loss to this team. Even if they bring in a FA he won't fill the void.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-24-2006, 11:40 PM

Link?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp?content=20060623_153924_3904

northernbillfan
06-24-2006, 11:41 PM
That whining SOB. He was the key to our success this playoff run and now he's saying he doesn't like it here.

Go screw yourself Pronger.

Apparently it's his wife who is doing most of the complaining about this city. We know who wears the pants in his family.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-24-2006, 11:51 PM
Lowe admitted Saturday that defenseman Chris Pronger has officially requested a trade and that the team has heard from his agent.

"We've been aware of it for a period of time," Lowe told reporters before the start of Saturday's draft. "Just let me say, yes, we have heard from his agent, that [Pronger] prefer to be traded.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2499755

northernbillfan
06-25-2006, 12:20 AM
I know LOSman, I know. That's why I'm so frikkin angry at him.

At least it frees up 6.2 million.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-25-2006, 12:28 AM
I know LOSman, I know. That's why I'm so frikkin angry at him.

At least it frees up 6.2 million.

Do you mind trading him to the SABRES we need a steady defenceman who can log 30+ minutes a game :laughing: but you guys will have to pay him because we can't afford him under the cap.

northernbillfan
06-25-2006, 12:35 AM
At least it's not about money. We have some great defensemen coming up through the system.

He played his heart for the team. The town loves him and now his wife is telling him to ask for a trade because she doesn't like it here. Stupid *****! I hope for his sake he does end up out east somewhere because this town will give him the loudest boo ever heard. You thought we were loud during the playoffs, just wait and see how we react the next time he sets foot on Rexall ice.

ddaryl
06-25-2006, 02:38 AM
We should make a huge effort to sign Pronger and McKee IMO.... that is if we are really serious about winning the Stanley Cup at least one time, but more like 3 or more times in the next 5 years.

I would love to see the Sabres bite the bullet re-sign 80% of our FA's bring in a stud D-man and a bonafide scoring threat and get ourselves a championship. But unfortunately we will probably see more of what happened after the 1999 cup run. Not adding players and losing players because we don't have the money.

It sucks when your team can't even compete to the level of the salary cap.

SABuffalo786
06-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Apparently it's his wife who is doing most of the complaining about this city. We know who wears the pants in his family.

Hmmmm.

And Michael Peca's on the same team, huh? :D

SABURZFAN
06-25-2006, 10:21 AM
That whining SOB. He was the key to our success this playoff run and now he's saying he doesn't like it here.

Go screw yourself Pronger.

just remember this.he's the one that has to live with her.not the Edmonton fans.you know how women can be a pain in the ass.

gannd
06-25-2006, 02:31 PM
Some players strive to win the cup in their careers and take trades or less money to go to a contender. This is not one of those players.

When retired players sit around golf tournaments and go over their glory years and tell war stories of how they lost teeth, played with broken bones, but in the end won the childhood dream and was able to lift Lord Stanleys trophy Chris Pronger will only add the comment...

"my wife gives great hummers"

Michael82
06-26-2006, 08:49 AM
What sucks the most is that the Sabres could have gotten him earlier before the deadline for Biron...wasn't that one of the rumors out there?