X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Bills could use a Peerless renaissance

This offseason, Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson and general manager Marv Levy have been at the brunt of many cruel jokes. Some of those wisecracks have been directed towards their ages of 87 and 80, respectively, while others have laughed at the duo's signing of low-level performers to rich salaries. Names like receiver Josh Reed and tight end Robert Royal were given lucrative deals, as was former star wideout Peerless Price. In fact, the 29-year-old Price signed a four-year accord reportedly worth in excess of $10 million. The deal left many baffled, since the only other suitor in the open market was the New England Patriots , who supposedly offered substantially less to Price. more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • KMA
    Veteran Zoner
    • Sep 2005

Re: Bills could use a Peerless renaissance

"The Buffalo Bills were laughed at for bringing back Price, but they may end up having the final laugh, if the formerly potent weapon can regain form and hold down the No. 2 receiver's job."

If he can't then it's going to be one of the dumbest signings of free agency.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by KMA
      "The Buffalo Bills were laughed at for bringing back Price, but they may end up having the final laugh, if the formerly potent weapon can regain form and hold down the No. 2 receiver's job."

If he can't then it's going to be one of the dumbest signings of free agency.
      just don't talk to a poster here named John Doe. He'll tell you that Price is a "veteran performer" and will add consistentcy to this team.

Personally, I think the only thing Price has done consistently is decline and he plays the same role as 3 or 4 guys already on the roster (fast, undersized receivers). At face value, this move looks like an embarrassment, and unless Price miraculously reverses a three-year slide, it will be an embarrassment.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• blackonyx89
        HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
        • Mar 2005

Something tells me he's going to surprise the league! We have 3 burners in the WR
        corps,Evans,Nance and Price and Peerless will bounce back and in a big way! The question is who's going to get the ball to him? I'm praying that Losman will be that man. He's the only QB who's got the arm to get him the ball. If JP fails,you better get a darn good free agent QB. It would be an absolute waste if you can't utilize a potential great group of guys,especially Price!
        Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
          Personally, I think the only thing Price has done consistently is decline and he plays the same role as 3 or 4 guys already on the roster (fast, undersized receivers). At face value, this move looks like an embarrassment, and unless Price miraculously reverses a three-year slide, it will be an embarrassment.
          It's hard to disagree with you here. I think this signing was a stretch but we didn't have alot of other choices. What I want to know is if he doesn't make the team, how much does his signing cost us?!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            It's hard to disagree with you here. I think this signing was a stretch but we didn't have alot of other choices. What I want to know is if he doesn't make the team, how much does his signing cost us?!
            he was signed for vet minimum for the first year, which is something in the 540k range if I remember correctly. I don't know what the cap hit is if we do have to cut him-ask Clump or maybe Eb.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

just don't talk to a poster here named John Doe. He'll tell you that Price is a "veteran performer" and will add consistentcy to this team.
              What makes him wrong in saying so? Are you a pop warner coach too that you're more credible than anyone around here?It will be interesting to see your doom and gloom predictions regarding this rebuilding team (sure went out on a limb ,NOT). You've already said so many times this will be a disastrous season for us.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                What makes him wrong in saying so? Are you a pop warner coach too that you're more credible than anyone around here?It will be interesting to see your doom and gloom predictions regarding this rebuilding team (sure went out on a limb ,NOT). You've already said so many times this will be a disastrous season for us.
                Look at Peerless' stats. He had a great season in 02 and has steadily declined since then. He's been released by 2 teams, one of them in the middle of the season. He's done literally nothing since his first stint in Buffalo. I don't know why people have any confidence in him- he's basically a shot in the dark. It's a desperation move by this franchise, and that doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

You can go on believing that players who have been bad with two other teams and steadily declining for 3 seasons will be good on the Bills- I consider that to be naive.

And as far as predictions, since when did every prediction have to be going out on a limb to be meaningful? I'm not making predictions to try to prove that I'm smarter than anyone else- I'm simply stating what I think will happen based on how this team did last year and what they've done in the off-season to try to fix it. If I'm right, I don't think it proves that I'm smarter. It just proves that I can be a fan and still be objective about the condition of the team, which a lot of people here can't seem to do.

If the Fish signed Peerless, we'd all be laughing at them. But since the Bills did it, hey, it might pay off.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Look at Peerless' stats. He had a great season in 02 and has steadily declined since then. He's been released by 2 teams, one of them in the middle of the season. He's done literally nothing since his first stint in Buffalo. I don't know why people have any confidence in him- he's basically a shot in the dark. It's a desperation move by this franchise, and that doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

You can go on believing that players who have been bad with two other teams and steadily declining for 3 seasons will be good on the Bills- I consider that to be naive.

And as far as predictions, since when did every prediction have to be going out on a limb to be meaningful? I'm not making predictions to try to prove that I'm smarter than anyone else- I'm simply stating what I think will happen based on how this team did last year and what they've done in the off-season to try to fix it. If I'm right, I don't think it proves that I'm smarter. It just proves that I can be a fan and still be objective about the condition of the team, which a lot of people here can't seem to do.

If the Fish signed Peerless, we'd all be laughing at them. But since the Bills did it, hey, it might pay off.

OP, what teams cut him? I'm not saying he's gonna be great here in buffalo but I'm not gonna say he's gonna be a bust either like it's a fact like you do. Atlanta, ha. What a joke. No matter how fast perrless was, Vick was always two steps behind him. Dallas? Did you think he was gonna make it so easily with a team he barely knew in so little time?

Since in your opinion he's horrible why not predict how many catches he'll make and how many yards. You already know he sucks so please enlighten us.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Everybody needs to chill here. Peerless Price is a risky signing. He has not looked good in the last 3 years. Atlanta is understandable with Vick as QB but what concerns me is that Bledsoe wanted him in Dallas and he didn't do anything.

If he sucks in pre-season he's not going to make the team and we are out sum chump change. If he makes the team than he is going to have to perform or it is going to look like a bad signing.

The fact that the Patriots wanted him tells me that he might still have some football left.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      OP, what teams cut him? I'm not saying he's gonna be great here in buffalo but I'm not gonna say he's gonna be a bust either like it's a fact like you do. Atlanta, ha. What a joke. No matter how fast perrless was, Vick was always two steps behind him. Dallas? Did you think he was gonna make it so easily with a team he barely knew in so little time?

Since in your opinion he's horrible why not predict how many catches he'll make and how many yards. You already know he sucks so please enlighten us.
                      I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even make the roster. If he does, he'll probably be 4th or 5th on the depth chart and get about 20 catches, maybe slightly more if we're behind in a lot of games and have to do a lot of passing to play catch-up.

Vick was injured for one of his seasons in Atlanta, so you can't blame him for Peerless' problems. And in Dallas, Peerless was working with Bledsoe, who gave him his two best seasons. He had a full off-season with them too. So if he didn't have time to learn Dallas' system, it's going to be the same deal here.

I don't see the logic in signing a guy who has been steadily declining and plays the same role/style as 3 other guys on the roster.

And I'm sick of people around here making excuses for guys. Yes, there are a lot of things that affect a coach's or player's performance, but in the end people are responsible for themselves. It IS possible that some players/coaches just suck. No one around here wants to admit that. If a guy is on the Bills, people will find a million reasons to justify their poor performance. It's pretty disgusting that people excuse mediocrity instead of trying to improve on it.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

I think we reached for Peerless after we lost Moulds. Didn't we sign him before Davis. Nance was a surprise pick up as well so we got deeper after we signed him. Plus having a veteran to run routes etc. helps evaluate the QB's.

I think it will come down to either Davis or Peerless making the team. No way both players end up on the roster.

Evans
                        Reed
                        Parrish
                        Nance
                        Price or Davis

If we go with 6 it will be Aiken only because of his special teams play.

Comment

• blackonyx89
                          HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by blackonyx89
                          Something tells me he's going to surprise the league! We have 3 burners in the WR corps,Evans,Nance and Price and Peerless will bounce back and in a big way! The question is who's going to get the ball to him? I'm praying that Losman will be that man. He's the only QB who's got the arm to get him the ball. If JP fails,you better get a darn good free agent QB. It would be an absolute waste if you can't utilize a potential great group of guys,especially Price!
                          Correction time. I meant Andre Davis,not Nance!!!

Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• John Doe
                            Florida Man
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            Everybody needs to chill here. Peerless Price is a risky signing. He has not looked good in the last 3 years. Atlanta is understandable with Vick as QB but what concerns me is that Bledsoe wanted him in Dallas and he didn't do anything.

If he sucks in pre-season he's not going to make the team and we are out sum chump change. If he makes the team than he is going to have to perform or it is going to look like a bad signing.

The fact that the Patriots wanted him tells me that he might still have some football left.
                            I agree in with most of the points here although I don't see much risk in the signing. Since my previous posts have been mentioned on this subject, I will take the time to set the record straight on exactly what my views are (although they are just the unimportant ramblings of a crackpot with a computer anyway):

Originally posted by John Doe
                            Yes, I thing that it is possible for Peerless to contribute. Maybe he will, and maybe he won’t, but I don’t think that it is such a bad idea to give him a shot considering that he has caught 347 passes in his career and is still only 29 years old. That is exactly the kind of guy I would want to take a look at to see if he had anything to offer. Marv is not married to the veteran performers that he has brought in, but if there is a chance that a guy like Price, or Thomas or Gibson can resuscitate his career, then I say by all means give him a look. It’s completely shortsighted not to.
                            The team is currently carrying 10 recievers including such notables as Freddy Smith (8 receptions), George Wilson (0 receptions), Martin Nance (0 receptions), and Chris Denney (0 receptions)....

There is only 1 receiver on the roster with more than 150 receptions.
                            (Price has 347 receptions)

If Price is no good, he will be cut, if he can contribute he will stay.
                            Price may not end up making the team, but he is certainly a decent enough receiver to take a look at in training camp and he certainly can add something positive to the QB and wide receiver competitions.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

I'll believe it when I see it. I read the Atlanta press saying he didn't run out all his patterns and heard footsteps ( just like old times ) .

One season doesn't make up for a subpar career with a small heart. Sorry. I'll root for him and anyone that wears the laundry but his signing did little for me. Seems like we have a glut of WR's and he's not any clear #2 by any stretch.

Don't just give him a roster spot based on 4 years ago. He was a FA twice last year for a reason. I'd rather see Martin Nance or George Wilson get a shot over him.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X