• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

McNally thoughts.

McNally helped get Carolina to the NFC Championship in their 2nd year. He helped get NYG to a superbowl with two Bills castoffs on the line.

So why is it he hasn't had success in Buffalo? Look at the types of players. Lighter and more athletic in Carolina and Buffalo. Fat asses in Buffalo...until now.

I have a feeling that JMac was actually consulted, and more importantly listened too, this offseason. Lighter, more athletic linemen with a better blocking scheme. Maybe they will let JMac do what he does best and give him the talent he is looking for (Fowler etal)?
  • alohabillsfan
    • Sep 2003

Re: McNally thoughts.

I agree, I was so tired of these fat a$$es Bennie/MW etc.. that could move and engage at the next level (LB) I expect with the more athletic linemen that Willis will have a much better year and more run of 10 plus yards!

Comment

• djjimkelly
      • Apr 2003

while i agree that mcnally does like the athelteic lineman we have made a pretty serious size improvment at center with fowler over teague!

Comment

• R. Rich
        • Apr 2003

I agree. I can't wait to see what he can do now w/ lighter, slimmer, svelte guys like Jason Peters.

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by djjimkelly
          while i agree that mcnally does like the athelteic lineman we have made a pretty serious size improvment at center with fowler over teague!
          How so? Teague was listed at 6'5" and 300 lbs. Fowler is listed at 6'3" and 295 lbs.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by R. Rich
            I agree. I can't wait to see what he can do now w/ lighter, slimmer, svelte guys like Jason Peters.
            How ATHLETIC is Peters? Fact, Peters is the most ATHLETIC lineman on the OL. This is FACT and apperantly the ATHLETIC part of my post in regards to our linemen was missed.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
              I have a feeling that JMac was actually consulted, and more importantly listened too, this offseason. Lighter, more athletic linemen with a better blocking scheme. Maybe they will let JMac do what he does best and give him the talent he is looking for (Fowler etal)?
              I hope your right. We are still going to need one more year of additions on the OL, especially if we can't get Peters signed.

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by djjimkelly
                Fowler is lighter but much more athletic. See Tom Dumbbuttahoe didnt understand, BIG isn't strong....STRONG is strong. We needed lighter, STRONGER more ATHLETIC linemen.

Put Ted or Sam across from a 285lb Guard that has excellent technique, leverage, strength and athleticism and the 285 lb guy will will.

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                  I hope your right. We are still going to need one more year of additions on the OL, especially if we can't get Peters signed.
                  Peters is ours for another year.

Comment

• R. Rich
                    • Apr 2003

How ATHLETIC is Peters? Fact, Peters is the most ATHLETIC lineman on the OL. This is FACT and apperantly the ATHLETIC part of my post in regards to our linemen was missed.
                    You posted something of interest that added to the discussion?

This looks to be another excuse for McNally. Sorry, I'm not buying it. Either get some production out of the guys on your roster or move on. No more of this battered OL coach syndrome stuff where we just excuse the poor play of the line. Other teams get some kind of performance out of their lines, and as crazy as it sounds, not all of their players are early round draft picks or big expensive free agent signings either.

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

You posted something of interest that added to the discussion?

This looks to be another excuse for McNally. Sorry, I'm not buying it. Either get some production out of the guys on your roster or move on. No more of this battered OL coach syndrome stuff where we just excuse the poor play of the line. Other teams get some kind of performance out of their lines, and as crazy as it sounds, not all of their players are early round draft picks or big expensive free agent signings either.
                      Actually Rich its my thread and I always post something of intrest. I have explained many times, I can't help some aren't up to speed enough to understand that.

As for as JMac goes, he got Carolinas line good enough, same with Cinci back in the 80's and NYG's OL in 2000 or so. So explain this to me, why is it only under the TD reign this guy has had so much trouble? Could it be the **** he was given for an OL?

Comment

• R. Rich
                        • Apr 2003

Actually Rich its my thread and I always post something of intrest. I have explained many times, I can't help some aren't up to speed enough to understand that.

As for as JMac goes, he got Carolinas line good enough, same with Cinci back in the 80's and NYG's OL in 2000 or so. So explain this to me, why is it only under the TD reign this guy has had so much trouble? Could it be the **** he was given for an OL?
                        Whoa, I'm not up to speed? You sure you wanna go this route?

I don't deny his results for other teams. I also don't acknowledge that they get the job done for the Buffalo Bills. Do what you have to do-just get the guys playing well. If he's the savior we've heard about, he can get it done. Hudson Houck inherited a POS line in Miami that by season's end was playing well. See? They progressed during the season, something the Bills haven't done in quite some time.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Let's be fair here. Our best OL player, in the last 3 years, was Jonas Jennings. That ain't saying much! The talent level has been horrible. I don't care how good a coach you are, you can only do so much. Mike Williams was a major bust and couldn't even play Guard. If you look at Gandy, who was a castoff, McNally got all 16 games out of him at LT. That's a first in this kids career. Bennie Anderson, who Ravens fans warned us about, was a revolving door. Let's not forget that Peters was a TE until he was converted by McNally. Let's wait til after this season before judging McNally.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Whoa, I'm not up to speed? You sure you wanna go this route?

I don't deny his results for other teams. I also don't acknowledge that they get the job done for the Buffalo Bills. Do what you have to do-just get the guys playing well. If he's the savior we've heard about, he can get it done. Hudson Houck inherited a POS line in Miami that by season's end was playing well. See? They progressed during the season, something the Bills haven't done in quite some time.
                            Sure please go down this route.

Comment

• R. Rich
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              Let's be fair here. Our best OL player, in the last 3 years, was Jonas Jennings. That ain't saying much! The talent level has been horrible. I don't care how good a coach you are, you can only do so much. Mike Williams was a major bust and couldn't even play Guard. If you look at Gandy, who was a castoff, McNally got all 16 games out of him at LT. That's a first in this kids career. Bennie Anderson, who Ravens fans warned us about, was a revolving door. Let's not forget that Peters was a TE until he was converted by McNally. Let's wait til after this season before judging McNally.
                              Being fair is waiting 3 years before criticizing the performance of someone @ their job. Now, if we were only in week 7, that's another story. I'm not anti McNally, I just want results, whether they come w/ him as OL coach or someone else. What I have no tolerance for is more excuses as to why things aren't working.

Comment

Working...
                              X