PDA

View Full Version : McNally thoughts.

ICE74129
06-26-2006, 08:18 AM
McNally helped get Carolina to the NFC Championship in their 2nd year. He helped get NYG to a superbowl with two Bills castoffs on the line.

So why is it he hasn't had success in Buffalo? Look at the types of players. Lighter and more athletic in Carolina and Buffalo. Fat asses in Buffalo...until now.

I have a feeling that JMac was actually consulted, and more importantly listened too, this offseason. Lighter, more athletic linemen with a better blocking scheme. Maybe they will let JMac do what he does best and give him the talent he is looking for (Fowler etal)?

alohabillsfan
06-26-2006, 08:37 AM
I agree, I was so tired of these fat a$$es Bennie/MW etc.. that could move and engage at the next level (LB) I expect with the more athletic linemen that Willis will have a much better year and more run of 10 plus yards!

djjimkelly
06-26-2006, 08:56 AM
while i agree that mcnally does like the athelteic lineman we have made a pretty serious size improvment at center with fowler over teague!

R. Rich
06-26-2006, 09:05 AM
I agree. I can't wait to see what he can do now w/ lighter, slimmer, svelte guys like Jason Peters.

TigerJ
06-26-2006, 09:05 AM
while i agree that mcnally does like the athelteic lineman we have made a pretty serious size improvment at center with fowler over teague!

How so? Teague was listed at 6'5" and 300 lbs. Fowler is listed at 6'3" and 295 lbs.

ICE74129
06-26-2006, 09:08 AM
I agree. I can't wait to see what he can do now w/ lighter, slimmer, svelte guys like Jason Peters.

How ATHLETIC is Peters? Fact, Peters is the most ATHLETIC lineman on the OL. This is FACT and apperantly the ATHLETIC part of my post in regards to our linemen was missed.

HHURRICANE
06-26-2006, 09:10 AM
I have a feeling that JMac was actually consulted, and more importantly listened too, this offseason. Lighter, more athletic linemen with a better blocking scheme. Maybe they will let JMac do what he does best and give him the talent he is looking for (Fowler etal)?

I hope your right. We are still going to need one more year of additions on the OL, especially if we can't get Peters signed.

ICE74129
06-26-2006, 09:11 AM

Fowler is lighter but much more athletic. See Tom Dumbbuttahoe didnt understand, BIG isn't strong....STRONG is strong. We needed lighter, STRONGER more ATHLETIC linemen.

Put Ted or Sam across from a 285lb Guard that has excellent technique, leverage, strength and athleticism and the 285 lb guy will will.

ICE74129
06-26-2006, 09:12 AM
I hope your right. We are still going to need one more year of additions on the OL, especially if we can't get Peters signed.

Peters is ours for another year.

R. Rich
06-26-2006, 09:14 AM
How ATHLETIC is Peters? Fact, Peters is the most ATHLETIC lineman on the OL. This is FACT and apperantly the ATHLETIC part of my post in regards to our linemen was missed.

You posted something of interest that added to the discussion?

This looks to be another excuse for McNally. Sorry, I'm not buying it. Either get some production out of the guys on your roster or move on. No more of this battered OL coach syndrome stuff where we just excuse the poor play of the line. Other teams get some kind of performance out of their lines, and as crazy as it sounds, not all of their players are early round draft picks or big expensive free agent signings either.

ICE74129
06-26-2006, 09:17 AM
You posted something of interest that added to the discussion?

This looks to be another excuse for McNally. Sorry, I'm not buying it. Either get some production out of the guys on your roster or move on. No more of this battered OL coach syndrome stuff where we just excuse the poor play of the line. Other teams get some kind of performance out of their lines, and as crazy as it sounds, not all of their players are early round draft picks or big expensive free agent signings either.

Actually Rich its my thread and I always post something of intrest. I have explained many times, I can't help some aren't up to speed enough to understand that.

As for as JMac goes, he got Carolinas line good enough, same with Cinci back in the 80's and NYG's OL in 2000 or so. So explain this to me, why is it only under the TD reign this guy has had so much trouble? Could it be the **** he was given for an OL?

R. Rich
06-26-2006, 09:27 AM
Actually Rich its my thread and I always post something of intrest. I have explained many times, I can't help some aren't up to speed enough to understand that.

As for as JMac goes, he got Carolinas line good enough, same with Cinci back in the 80's and NYG's OL in 2000 or so. So explain this to me, why is it only under the TD reign this guy has had so much trouble? Could it be the **** he was given for an OL?

Whoa, I'm not up to speed? You sure you wanna go this route?

I don't deny his results for other teams. I also don't acknowledge that they get the job done for the Buffalo Bills. Do what you have to do-just get the guys playing well. If he's the savior we've heard about, he can get it done. Hudson Houck inherited a POS line in Miami that by season's end was playing well. See? They progressed during the season, something the Bills haven't done in quite some time.

HHURRICANE
06-26-2006, 09:30 AM

Let's be fair here. Our best OL player, in the last 3 years, was Jonas Jennings. That ain't saying much! The talent level has been horrible. I don't care how good a coach you are, you can only do so much. Mike Williams was a major bust and couldn't even play Guard. If you look at Gandy, who was a castoff, McNally got all 16 games out of him at LT. That's a first in this kids career. Bennie Anderson, who Ravens fans warned us about, was a revolving door. Let's not forget that Peters was a TE until he was converted by McNally. Let's wait til after this season before judging McNally.

ICE74129
06-26-2006, 09:31 AM
Whoa, I'm not up to speed? You sure you wanna go this route?

I don't deny his results for other teams. I also don't acknowledge that they get the job done for the Buffalo Bills. Do what you have to do-just get the guys playing well. If he's the savior we've heard about, he can get it done. Hudson Houck inherited a POS line in Miami that by season's end was playing well. See? They progressed during the season, something the Bills haven't done in quite some time.

Sure please go down this route.

R. Rich
06-26-2006, 09:39 AM
Let's be fair here. Our best OL player, in the last 3 years, was Jonas Jennings. That ain't saying much! The talent level has been horrible. I don't care how good a coach you are, you can only do so much. Mike Williams was a major bust and couldn't even play Guard. If you look at Gandy, who was a castoff, McNally got all 16 games out of him at LT. That's a first in this kids career. Bennie Anderson, who Ravens fans warned us about, was a revolving door. Let's not forget that Peters was a TE until he was converted by McNally. Let's wait til after this season before judging McNally.

Being fair is waiting 3 years before criticizing the performance of someone @ their job. Now, if we were only in week 7, that's another story. I'm not anti McNally, I just want results, whether they come w/ him as OL coach or someone else. What I have no tolerance for is more excuses as to why things aren't working.

justasportsfan
06-26-2006, 09:47 AM
Sure please go down this route.
OOOhhhhh. He's gonna bench your kid when pop warner season starts Rich.

ICE74129
06-26-2006, 09:54 AM
God I love the ignore feature. Block about 5-7 guys and the IQ level here goes up 125 points.

R. Rich
06-26-2006, 09:55 AM
OOOhhhhh. He's gonna bench your kid when pop warner season starts Rich.

Hardly. ICE and I go way back. I'm used to his, um, 'eccentricities'.

R. Rich
06-26-2006, 09:57 AM
God I love the ignore feature. Block about 5-7 guys and the IQ level here goes up 125 points.

It's a matter of prespective. I've heard the same thing said about others here. In order to cut out the idiotic posts, you'd have to block out much more than 5-7.

justasportsfan
06-26-2006, 09:59 AM
God I love the ignore feature. Block about 5-7 guys and the IQ level here goes up 125 points.Most cowards who usually get owned and just say " I am right" when they can't explain themselves usually put people on ignore.

justasportsfan
06-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Hardly. ICE and I go way back. I'm used to his, um, 'eccentricities'. I heard that he's usually the joke of every mb he posts at.

TacklingDummy
06-26-2006, 10:12 AM
Most cowards who usually get owned and just say " I am right" when they can't explain themselves usually put people on ignore.

I agree.

R. Rich
06-26-2006, 10:15 AM
I heard that he's usually the joke of every mb he posts at.

I have a different take on that.

I think he's very opinionated and gets people talking about football. He knows his stuff, though he sometimes gets so passionate about a subject that he allows his passion to get in the way of being reasonable or logical about things. He's to message boards what Mark Cuban is to basketball: passionate, sometimes to a fault, but still knowledgeable.

justasportsfan
06-26-2006, 10:20 AM
I have a different take on that.

I think he's very opinionated and gets people talking about football. He knows his stuff, though he sometimes gets so passionate about a subject that he allows his passion to get in the way of being reasonable or logical about things. He's to message boards what Mark Cuban is to basketball: passionate, sometimes to a fault, but still knowledgeable. I never said he isn't knowledgeable , it's just that he's always right and everyone else who doesn't agree with him is wrong, even if it's a HOF coach. Ingtar is not even arrogant and Ice isn't even qualified to carry his jock.

Dr. Lecter
06-26-2006, 10:24 AM
Anyway, back to the point of this thread (i.e. the extracurricular crap can stop):

I see Ice's point. I think McNally can do better with this group of players. However, if the line does not show improvement or start to gell this year, it might be time to move on. Hopefully with Fowler, Reyes, Peters, Royal, etc. the improvement is evident. They might not be there yet (a replacement for Villarrial), but it should be better.

G. Host
06-26-2006, 10:51 AM
Let's be fair here. Our best OL player, in the last 3 years, was Jonas Jennings.

Our best lineman was Tucker but he got hurt and continued playing despite recommendations that he have surgery during season and was not able to recover completely. Jennings was overrated for he was frequently hurt and overpaid for by SF where he got hurt again.

ICE74129
06-26-2006, 10:57 AM
Anyway, back to the point of this thread (i.e. the extracurricular crap can stop):

I see Ice's point. I think McNally can do better with this group of players. However, if the line does not show improvement or start to gell this year, it might be time to move on. Hopefully with Fowler, Reyes, Peters, Royal, etc. the improvement is evident. They might not be there yet (a replacement for Villarrial), but it should be better.

I agree. Marv though will give JMac 2 years. Mac and April were the two guys marv specifically made mention of keeping when he came on board. I say he gives Mac 2 seasons with more talent.

That said, I still find it interesting that in Cinci, Carolina and NY that McNally can produce top lines, but in Buffalo he has had no luck. Now is it the coach or the players he has been given?

eyedog
06-26-2006, 11:02 AM
The problem isn't McNally. It was the load of crap dumped on him by Donadumb. I fully expect better results this year over last year with the new more athletic lineman.
R. Rich, as I told those dolts over at TBD, Mike Williams is a bust and they should have drafted McKinnie. Of course I was saying this for the last three years and they couldn't take it and kicked me out of there. We all know what baby mikey is all about now. Bennie Anderson, another fat lazy loser. Can't blame that on McNally. Villariel was injured half the season, Gandy was brought in off the street and was made servicable at lt. Teague is a backup who was starting and a converted t-end was the best lineman.
Give McNally a little talent to work with and he will get the job done.

Meathead
06-26-2006, 11:02 AM
It's a matter of prespective. I've heard the same thing said about others here. In order to cut out the idiotic posts, you'd have to block out much more than 5-7.
if i could view this post i would agree with it

ICE74129
06-26-2006, 11:05 AM
The problem isn't McNally. It was the load of crap dumped on him by Donadumb. I fully expect better results this year over last year with the new more athletic lineman.
R. Rich, as I told those dolts over at TBD, Mike Williams is a bust and they should have drafted McKinnie. Of course I was saying this for the last three years and they couldn't take it and kicked me out of there. We all know what baby mikey is all about now. Bennie Anderson, another fat lazy loser. Can't blame that on McNally. Villariel was injured half the season, Gandy was brought in off the street and was made servicable at lt. Teague is a backup who was starting and a converted t-end was the best lineman.
Give McNally a little talent to work with and he will get the job done.

LOL yeah well I screamed Levi Jones leading up to that draft. I don't have to tell you the things that were said :-)

Meathead
06-26-2006, 11:06 AM
im sure everybody remembers mouses "im not a miracle worker" disclaimer when he first started here. at the time i was hoping he was just being general but now it certainly appears he was commenting on the talent he inherited, and based on what we saw happened to many of those guys i guess he was right

certainly marv consulted him when it was time to make changes. i would be surprised if these guys werent either hand picked or signed off by mcnally before they were brought in. they guy has had success everywhere else recently so any gm with a brain would want to do it his (mcnallys) way when trying to rebuild

clearly if it went on like this a couple more years hed have to be toast but i really dont expect that to happen

Drive 4 Five
06-26-2006, 12:41 PM
McNally helped get Carolina to the NFC Championship in their 2nd year. He helped get NYG to a superbowl with two Bills castoffs on the line.

So why is it he hasn't had success in Buffalo? Look at the types of players. Lighter and more athletic in Carolina and Buffalo. Fat asses in Buffalo...until now.

We've had this discussion many times here many times. As our friend Tatonka so tactfully put it once before...

"You can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****"

ICE74129
06-26-2006, 12:53 PM
im sure everybody remembers mouses "im not a miracle worker" disclaimer when he first started here. at the time i was hoping he was just being general but now it certainly appears he was commenting on the talent he inherited, and based on what we saw happened to many of those guys i guess he was right

certainly marv consulted him when it was time to make changes. i would be surprised if these guys werent either hand picked or signed off by mcnally before they were brought in. they guy has had success everywhere else recently so any gm with a brain would want to do it his (mcnallys) way when trying to rebuild

clearly if it went on like this a couple more years hed have to be toast but i really dont expect that to happen

Agreed. If we can add another OL or two (LT and RG) while keeping peters, I think by next year we will have a decent line.

Tatonka
06-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Most cowards who usually get owned and just say " I am right" when they can't explain themselves usually put people on ignore.

dont kid yourself.. he has no one on ignore.. he loves reading it.. he couldnt not read the stuff if he wanted to.. the whole reason he is here is to create drama, ruffle feathers, and make posts that draw attention to him regardless of content. he posts just like skooby.

socalfan
06-26-2006, 05:15 PM
........ I still find it interesting that in Cinci, Carolina and NY that McNally can produce top lines, but in Buffalo he has had no luck. Now is it the coach or the players he has been given?

What are you talking about? :coocoo: He didn't produce top lines in Cinci, Carolina nor in NY. :liar:

ICE74129
06-26-2006, 06:52 PM
What are you talking about? :coocoo: He didn't produce top lines in Cinci, Carolina nor in NY. :liar:

Care to bet? he was Wyches OL coach when the went to the superbowl. He coached the OL in carolina when in thier 2nd year they went to the NFC Championship. then he took a bunch of castoffs and put together a line that went to the superbowl with the Giants.

What NFL are you watching?

socalfan
06-26-2006, 11:05 PM
Care to bet? he was Wyches OL coach when the went to the superbowl. He coached the OL in carolina when in thier 2nd year they went to the NFC Championship. then he took a bunch of castoffs and put together a line that went to the superbowl with the Giants.

What NFL are you watching?

Oh I see, if the team makes it to the playoffs well of course they must have had top offensive lines..... What a joke. Why don't you tell us where those lines ranked during those seasons. You won't because they didn't rank highly enough to be considered top lines. Do you always revise history to accomodate your delusions?

ICE74129
06-27-2006, 06:44 AM
Oh I see, if the team makes it to the playoffs well of course they must have had top offensive lines..... What a joke. Why don't you tell us where those lines ranked during those seasons. You won't because they didn't rank highly enough to be considered top lines. Do you always revise history to accomodate your delusions?

Its fact, they had tood lines. Find one post where I said the top line or one of the top lines.

Coaches and those that understand the game know, you don't go that far (Two superbowls and an NFC Championship) with a crap OL.

Tatonka
06-27-2006, 07:27 AM
mcnally had anthony munoz, one of the top 4 OL in nfl history to work with.. anyone would have looked good coaching him.

Dr. Lecter
06-27-2006, 07:33 AM
It takes more than one good O-lineman to make a line play well. And, perhaps, part of the reason he was so good was because of McNally's coaching. Munoz has always spoken highly of McNally.

ICE74129
06-27-2006, 08:14 AM
mcnally had anthony munoz, one of the top 4 OL in nfl history to work with.. anyone would have looked good coaching him.

so lets just trade for one of the top LT's out there and put nothing else on the field since thats all it takes :down:

Tatonka
06-27-2006, 08:33 AM
when you have the top LT in the game, and several years to get the rest of the line straight, just to the point where i good, any coach should be able to do that. It wasnt like cincy had an incredible line.. they were just good.. if they didnt luck out with having an all world LT, they probably would have been below average.

mcnally has done nothing here.. nothing.. he needs to step up or move on, like rich said.

i am tired of the excuses for this guy.

KMA
06-27-2006, 08:34 AM

That whole notion about McNally has been put out as if it were undeniable truth when its a fallacy.

The Giants starting line that season was a very good group of linemen. In the Super Bowl they started:

Brown, Lomas LT
Parker, Glenn LG
Zeigler, Dusty C
Stone, Ron RG
Petitgout, Luke RT

Parker was a ten year vet then and a starter for most of it. Zeigler was no worse than anyone we have now and started for several seasons before joining the Giants. Brown was a perennial pro bowler. Pettigout was in his second season then and has had a very good career. Stone was also very good.

Funny how that adds up to having a group of scrub linemen and turning them into something special.

Tatonka
06-27-2006, 08:39 AM
ziegler was the only "scrub"

KMA
06-27-2006, 08:43 AM
Fowler is lighter but much more athletic. See Tom Dumbbuttahoe didnt understand, BIG isn't strong....STRONG is strong. We needed lighter, STRONGER more ATHLETIC linemen.

Put Ted or Sam across from a 285lb Guard that has excellent technique, leverage, strength and athleticism and the 285 lb guy will will.

Are they "good"?

Teague was smaller, lighter, and fast too.

We need good linemen regardless of what their size is. There have been and are big, small, slobby, thin, etc. linemen that have sucked and been good.

Take a guy like Fowler. Sure, he's 6'3"/295. Teague was 6'5"/300. Is there a big difference between the two?

Both are seemingly tall and a little lanky for OL.

Fowler hasn't ever earned a starting spot. Teague didn't either.

So what's the difference on paper? What, a handful of fans say so?

Can he be great? Sure. But he hasn't been in four seasons, that's a fact.

So what's more likely? He'll continue to be more of a backup type? Or that he'll all of a sudden perform to high levels of play?

He's probably our best line acquisition this offseason. Anyone willing to put what's in their wallet on the line that he will become a very solid lineman?

If y

KMA

Are they "good"?

We need good linemen regardless of what their size is. There have been and are big, small, slobby, thin, etc. linemen that have sucked and been good.

Take a guy like Fowler. Sure, he's 6'3"/295. Teague was 6'5"/300. Is there a big difference between the two?

So what's more likely? He'll continue to be more of a backup type? Or that he'll all of a sudden perform to high levels of play?

He's probably our best line acquisition this offseason. Anyone willing to put what's in their wallet on the line that he will become a very solid lineman?

If you

KMA

Are they "good"?

If you want to know what to expect then you have to look at things realistically.

ICE74129
06-27-2006, 08:57 AM
That whole notion about McNally has been put out as if it were undeniable truth when its a fallacy.

The Giants starting line that season was a very good group of linemen. In the Super Bowl they started:

Brown, Lomas LT
Parker, Glenn LG
Zeigler, Dusty C
Stone, Ron RG
Petitgout, Luke RT

Parker was a ten year vet then and a starter for most of it. Zeigler was no worse than anyone we have now and started for several seasons before joining the Giants. Brown was a perennial pro bowler. Pettigout was in his second season then and has had a very good career. Stone was also very good.

Funny how that adds up to having a group of scrub linemen and turning them into something special.

Stone was on the down side of his career and oft injured. Ziegler and 'Porky' Parker were both ran outta buffalo and were scrubs.

Give it a rest, it was a patchwork line of castoffs and Mcnally made it work. BTW I notice you didn't list the line he had in Carolina which went to an NFC Championship in their 2nd year.

McNally is a hell of a line coach, but no matter how good you are, if they keep giving you crap to work with and won't listen to you on talent evaluations, you aren't going to succeed.

KMA
06-27-2006, 08:57 AM
I don't deny his results for other teams.

I do. When he was with Cincy they had four winning seasons and he had Max Montoya and Anthony Munoz, one of the best tackles in the history of the game.

In Carolina the offense sucked.

From 99 to 03 in NY the offense wasn't great. The offense finished 24th, 11th, 14th, 14th, and 28th in rushing in those years. That was with Tiki Barber on the team.

The last couple of years our line has sucked and the only thing that McNally's gotten more out of is money from Wilson than he's worth.

Tatonka
06-27-2006, 08:58 AM
mcnally has done nothing here.. that is all that matters.. i could give a **** how good all his other lines were if the bills line still sucks like it has every year since he has been here.

KMA
06-27-2006, 09:06 AM
Stone was on the down side of his career and oft injured. Ziegler and 'Porky' Parker were both ran outta buffalo and were scrubs.

Give it a rest, it was a patchwork line of castoffs and Mcnally made it work. BTW I notice you didn't list the line he had in Carolina which went to an NFC Championship in their 2nd year.

McNally is a hell of a line coach, but no matter how good you are, if they keep giving you crap to work with and won't listen to you on talent evaluations, you aren't going to succeed.

Parker wasn't injured in the Super Bowl. Zeigler was in the middle of his career.

Yes, as Bills fans we viewed them as not so great players. But we were comparing them to what we knew at that time and that was a Ballard, Hull, Ritcher, Woolford line. I'd take what Zeigler was in a heartbeat over all but maybe one or two linemen on this team now. That's not saying much.

And what about T Lomas Brown, you gonna say that he sucked too? Or Pettigout? He's been a very good lineman in this league even from the start.

There's absolutely no comparison in talent from that Giants line and ours today. We have no one of either Brown or Pettigout's talent and if you stretch things to their max what we have is no better than Zeigler and Parker.

So if McNally's all that great, he should be doing more than what we're now getting. We're at the bottom of the stack for our line. How anyone can say that McNally is doing a good job or "gets more for less" is puzzling.

So if that's the case, how bad would we and our line be without McNally? I guess we would have no hope then.

justasportsfan
06-27-2006, 09:09 AM
I agree that McNally has done nothing here but he was given nothing by a GM who ignored the Oline ever since he came here. McNally was asked to come up with miracles. Like Meathead pointed out , he doesn't create miracles. He probably said that after he saw a bunch of dumb/lazy players handed to him by TD.

This time around, Marv gave him high character,athletic,young players. Everyone on this team whether it was a coach or player was set up to fail by TD. There are no excuses anymore for anyone. Although it'll take time for a rebuilding team to build chemistry, there are no excuses. Anyone who will not perform this year should be gone next year.

KMA
06-27-2006, 09:10 AM

Sorry ICE, make that Stone, not Parker.

Besides, what you say isn't correct anyway. Stone was 29 that season right in his prime. He missed only 2 starts in the four seasons prior to that one and started 15 games that year. So he wasn't "oft injured and on the downside." He was perfectly healthy and in his prime.

Wanna talk about oft injured and downside, see Chris Villarrial.

ICE74129
06-27-2006, 09:46 AM
Sorry ICE, make that Stone, not Parker.

Besides, what you say isn't correct anyway. Stone was 29 that season right in his prime. He missed only 2 starts in the four seasons prior to that one and started 15 games that year. So he wasn't "oft injured and on the downside." He was perfectly healthy and in his prime.

Wanna talk about oft injured and downside, see Chris Villarrial.

He started 15 games, and finished how many? Bottom line is this, he helped create 3 lines that saw success. Stats aside, I don't give a damn if we have the 28th ranked offense if we are in a superbowl and can win the damn thing.

Hell I will settle for a 10 win season at this point.

And as I have agreed with another poster, McNally gets this year and next or he is gone.

justasportsfan
06-27-2006, 09:51 AM
If Parcells himself hasn't been that successful since he unretired, it's no surprise that McNally isn't easily successful her. Ther difference is, Parcells was given all the power by Jerry Jones and the Mouse wasn't given the pwoer to pick his players the last few years.

ICE74129
06-27-2006, 09:52 AM
BTW in all fairness to mcnally, Until the 05 season his lines have done very well in run blocking. Pass protection is another thing but look at who was at QB. Captain Sack Drew Bledsoe and an essential rookie in Losman.

Pass blocking schemes put in by the OC have a ton to do with it as well. Maybe if they listen to McNally on what schemes HE feels is best for the talent he has, then things might improve in that area.

R. Rich
06-27-2006, 09:55 AM
And as I have agreed with another poster, McNally gets this year and next or he is gone.

See? I knew you'd come around.

As I've said before, I don't need to hear about his resume. I just want to see an offensive line that looks better than what it was before he inherited it.

ublinkwescore
06-27-2006, 10:08 AM
One thing I noticed in this thread...

Tackling Dummy sure has it in for Ice.

eyedog
06-27-2006, 10:10 AM
You don't last in the NFL as a coach 25+ years if you can't coach. Open your eyes at the garbage given to him. Fat, lazy, unathletic, marginal talent.
When your best lineman is a t-end which he converted a couple of years ago you have problems with the talent provided to you.

ICE74129
06-27-2006, 10:13 AM
See? I knew you'd come around.

As I've said before, I don't need to hear about his resume. I just want to see an offensive line that looks better than what it was before he inherited it.

And I need to see him provided with at least above average talent. Something he has yet to have in Buffalo

ICE74129
06-27-2006, 10:13 AM
You don't last in the NFL as a coach 25+ years if you can't coach. Open your eyes at the garbage given to him. Fat, lazy, unathletic, marginal talent.
When your best lineman is a t-end which he converted a couple of years ago you have problems with the talent provided to you.

Exactly

R. Rich
06-27-2006, 10:31 AM
And I need to see him provided with at least above average talent. Something he has yet to have in Buffalo

I think the signings of Reyes and Fowler are upgrades, and both are still fairly young, coachable players who are both coming off solid seasons, especially Fowler, who looked pretty good in relief of All Pro Matt Birk.

No more excuses.

ICE74129
06-27-2006, 10:34 AM
I think the signings of Reyes and Fowler are upgrades, and both are still fairly young, coachable players who are both coming off solid seasons, especially Fowler, who looked pretty good in relief of All Pro Matt Birk.

No more excuses.

Yes and No. Villarial should have been replaced and so should have gandy. We shall see.

but I see you are on board with me as seeing Fowler as a huge upgrade over teague. I have tried to tell fans here that the FANS in Vikings land wanted to keep him over the old fart Birk.

R. Rich
06-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Yes and No. Villarial should have been replaced and so should have gandy. We shall see.

but I see you are on board with me as seeing Fowler as a huge upgrade over teague. I have tried to tell fans here that the FANS in Vikings land wanted to keep him over the old fart Birk.

Yep. I'm on board w/ me about Fowler.

As to what the Vikes' fans want, I wouldn't be so hasty. I'm sure that the Vikes' organization values a 4 time Pro Bowl center and one of the team's most respected players a bit more than that. The guy is as respected by his team as Kent Hull was by the Bills.

MikeInRoch
08-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Do you know what other NFL Offensive Line coaches say about McNally?

"If he cannot fix your line, then it cannot be fixed."

Earthquake Enyart
08-07-2006, 11:41 AM
If McNally weren't a hometown boy, they'd have run him out of town with Mullarkey.