PDA

View Full Version : NHL Center Ice

BlackMetalNinja
06-26-2006, 08:14 PM
Anybody know the details or have any opinions to offer on Center Ice? Being that I'm moving to the hated Hurricane Country in a little over a month, it's the only way I'll get to check out the Sabres next year. I've heard it's fairly decently priced and available on digital cable such as Time Warner, which is what I'll have down there. Thanks in advance!

SabreEleven
06-26-2006, 09:23 PM
NHL CenterIce is better than sex.

Bill Brasky
06-26-2006, 09:42 PM
BMN I think it's only like 150 bucks

SabreEleven
06-26-2006, 10:07 PM
$129

Bill Brasky
06-26-2006, 10:13 PM
that's awesome. cablevision raped people for $159 this last year i believe.

i can't complain though, their service is pretty good compared to TW or AD. Never cared for CC though.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-26-2006, 11:06 PM
I have TW cable and I ordered the center ice package for the playoffs because I didn't know if the SABRES were going to be on MSG. Let me tell you before you buy it it was a waste of money I couldn't get the SABRES they blacked them out here were I live. So I wasn't impressed with it at all!!! :mad: plus they scheduled the SABRES on the other teams broadcast for ex if you were watching the Philadelphia series you would hear the Philadelphia announcers not Rick Jeanneret and Jim Lorentz SO STUPID! I hated it and I would never buy it ever again! http://www.indemand.com/sports/nhl2005/index.jsp

BlackMetalNinja
06-27-2006, 07:43 AM
I don't think they'll be blacking out Sabres games in North Carolina however... And $129 is certainly worth me getting to watch them all year long! Though I imagine they'll actually get a few more national tv broadcasts after their success this season.

Earthquake Enyart
06-27-2006, 07:46 AM
Center Ice is great. Most of the time you get the Sabres announcers.

I also like getting the HNIC games on Saturday night to see Don Cherry and Satellite Hot Stove.

BlackMetalNinja
06-27-2006, 07:47 AM
I see they also have some games in HD too... sounds like I'll definitely be ordering this for next season!

Earthquake Enyart
06-27-2006, 07:49 AM
The HD is on HDnet. If you have DirecTV's HD package, you wouldn't need Center Ice to see the HD games.

There currently is only one HD channel, and games in HD are sporatic. If the NHL were smart, they'd push hard to get more games in HD.

BlackMetalNinja
06-27-2006, 08:02 AM
Yeah, I already get HDNet through Time Warner... I didn't hardly watch any games during the regular season on it though because it was the same 6 or so teams all the time. I watched most of the playoffs that way however though.

carybillsfan
06-27-2006, 09:43 AM
I don't think they'll be blacking out Sabres games in North Carolina however... And $129 is certainly worth me getting to watch them all year long! Though I imagine they'll actually get a few more national tv broadcasts after their success this season.

Being down here in NC for 5 years now, I think there have been maybe 5-10 sabres games that haven't been shown on center ice. And at least 5 of them had no TV coverage at all. Since moving out of Buffalo after '99 season center ice and sunday ticket have allowed me to see most if not all of the sabres/bills games. And I wouldn't trade it for the world.

BlackMetalNinja
06-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Being down here in NC for 5 years now, I think there have been maybe 5-10 sabres games that haven't been shown on center ice. And at least 5 of them had no TV coverage at all. Since moving out of Buffalo after '99 season center ice and sunday ticket have allowed me to see most if not all of the sabres/bills games. And I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Well, I can't justify the price of Sunday Ticket in order to watch the Bills frustrate me all year, plus I don't intend on getting DirecTV. However, Center Ice seems extremely affordable especially considering the number of games I'd be getting to watch because of it. I'm assuming you must have DirecTV so you wouldn't be able to answer any of my questions about Time Warner's service in Cary right?

carybillsfan
06-28-2006, 08:29 AM
Well, I can't justify the price of Sunday Ticket in order to watch the Bills frustrate me all year, plus I don't intend on getting DirecTV. However, Center Ice seems extremely affordable especially considering the number of games I'd be getting to watch because of it. I'm assuming you must have DirecTV so you wouldn't be able to answer any of my questions about Time Warner's service in Cary right?

I used to have full TW and Directv but now we just get the locals from TW so that all the TV's in our house at least get something. TW is the same as every cable company: an over priced monopoly. Their service is fair and digital cable is just way to expensive. I'll take my Directv and Tivo any day of the week over their ****.

don137
06-28-2006, 01:03 PM
I think you will love the Center Ice package. Every night hockey is on. I love watching hockey night in Canada with teams like the Canadiens paying the Leafs. There is a couple of down sides but they far outweigh the good sides. A few of the bad sides are you get the other teams announcers is many of the games. It use to be 50/50 but last year it seem to be more like 60:40 in terms of getting the other teams announcers. I can deal with the other teams announcers for the most part and enjoy some of them like the Leafs however there are certain teams that the announcers are big time homers and it is hard to listen to. By far the biggest homers are the Bruins announcers. At least we spanked them a lot last year.
The only other downside is they end the feed right after the game so there is no postgame wrap up.