PDA

View Full Version : What in the hell is going on?

X-Era
06-26-2006, 09:03 PM
KFFL says, NE has 15 mil in cap room, Philly has 13, and Clumpy says we have almost 12 mil.

WTF? Isnt anyone else puzzled by this? YOur trying to tell me a team like NE has no glaring needs? Philly?

We certainly do. With that much cash, why not move a player to another team and resign a guy to a monster deal. Fug that, how about locking up Clements long term or even McGahee?

I see no point in just hanging on to cap cash. Dont these teams realize that a tangible improvement on the field will give us much more ticket sales?

Your telling me that we couldnt have signed Brees and ended our QB situation for good?

How about a trade for a top 5 DE? guys like Abraham were out there.

WTF? its just stupid to me.

OpIv37
06-26-2006, 09:19 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I believe Brees was signed before that whole CBA issue was resolved, so at the time we didn't have a lot of cap space.

I think a lot of teams were not sure how much cap space they were going to have, so they were extremely hesitant in signing guys. Also, if you look around, all the decent FA's have been signed. There's no sense in spending money on guys who won't help the team just cuz you have it.

SquishDaFish
06-26-2006, 09:21 PM
Good posting OP

camelcowboy
06-26-2006, 09:21 PM
Brees arm, with a bum would be great in the buffalo weather "sarcasim". Face it not only does this team need a qb, but a qb needs to have a great arm to be successful here.

ICE74129
06-26-2006, 09:31 PM
Brees arm, with a bum would be great in the buffalo weather "sarcasim". Face it not only does this team need a qb, but a qb needs to have a great arm to be successful here.

We have a QB, We just need to give him time....Like SD did brees...

socalfan
06-26-2006, 10:58 PM
KFFL says, NE has 15 mil in cap room, Philly has 13, and Clumpy says we have almost 12 mil.

WTF? Isnt anyone else puzzled by this? YOur trying to tell me a team like NE has no glaring needs? Philly?

We certainly do. With that much cash, why not move a player to another team and resign a guy to a monster deal. Fug that, how about locking up Clements long term or even McGahee?

I see no point in just hanging on to cap cash. Dont these teams realize that a tangible improvement on the field will give us much more ticket sales?

Your telling me that we couldnt have signed Brees and ended our QB situation for good?

How about a trade for a top 5 DE? guys like Abraham were out there.

I guess you weren't paying attention when free agency started no one was let go with almost 15 million of additional cap space provided by the new player agreement. So who the hell you going to pick up?

HAMMER
06-27-2006, 08:06 AM
"Dont these teams realize that a tangible improvement on the field will give us much more ticket sales?"

We have sold out nearly every game, so have the other teams you mention.

Mr. Miyagi
06-27-2006, 08:12 AM
Also remember we haven't signed any of our draft choices yet, especially when we have 2 first rounders.

ICE74129
06-27-2006, 08:13 AM
I guess you weren't paying attention when free agency started no one was let go with almost 15 million of additional cap space provided by the new player agreement. So who the hell you going to pick up?

No the guy asked a legit question considering some here don't spend as much time on this board as the rest of us.

The correct answer would be, Everyone got a boost in cap room. But even with that cap room there wasn't that great of a Free agent crop this year. It is smart to do what you can, draft, then attack free agency next year IF the right FA's for your team are there.

R. Rich
06-27-2006, 10:02 AM

Probably wouldn't hurt to give him support up front, either. Like how the Chargers did by drafting guys like Shane Olivea and signing free agents like Roman Oben. We've @ least tried to upgrade the LG and C spots by signing vets Reyes and Fowler, but I'd love to see us look to add depth in next year's draft by going after some top tier OL early on. Doesn't have to be in the first round, but I'd love to see us go after some before the 6th.

EricStratton
06-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Probably wouldn't hurt to give him support up front, either. Like how the Chargers did by drafting guys like Shane Olivea and signing free agents like Roman Oben. We've @ least tried to upgrade the LG and C spots by signing vets Reyes and Fowler, but I'd love to see us look to add depth in next year's draft by going after some top tier OL early on. Doesn't have to be in the first round, but I'd love to see us go after some before the 6th.

Or the great support they gave him by drafting Phillip Rivers then letting Brees walk after two real good seasons.

Or the support the coach gave him by saying Rivers would have started the opener his rookie year if he would have been to camp 3-4 days earlier.

With support like that I'd hate to see if they didn't like him.

Mitchy moo
06-27-2006, 01:45 PM

Yeah, then DB left soon after the training.

ICE74129
06-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Yeah, then DB left soon after the training. And that is because they were morons and shot their wads too soon and drafted rivers.

Look what Brees became. A Damn good QB. They screwed the pooch IMHO in letting him go.

X-Era
06-27-2006, 04:15 PM
No the guy asked a legit question considering some here don't spend as much time on this board as the rest of us.

The correct answer would be, Everyone got a boost in cap room. But even with that cap room there wasn't that great of a Free agent crop this year. It is smart to do what you can, draft, then attack free agency next year IF the right FA's for your team are there.

Thanks man.

I just dont see the point in sitting on a big wad.

Yuck, yuck, all joking aside, why save the money?

Evry single team in the league can get better in places.

Yes, theres not doodly squat as far as FA's. But, why in the hell cant we make some big moves anyways? How about trading Clements for a top notch OT, or DE and then sign Ty Law?

Hes only good for a few more years, but the guy can play. And by then, one of our young DB's might be ready to start like Youbouty.

Im sure we can think of some trades that would improve this team right now.

Bill Brasky
06-27-2006, 04:20 PM

you just made yourself exempt from my beatings list.

Lexwhat
06-27-2006, 04:46 PM

I agree with you 100% Jp-era. It's pathetic! With this extra money, we MIGHT AS WELL sign Clements or McGahee to a long term contract and give them a large signing bonus up front and use up that available cap space for something (or any other player the BILLS think they want to keep long term, perhaps guys like Lee Evans or London Fletcher).

Too bad the guys in charge are being cheap...now I agree it's always important to leave SOME cap space for flexibility, but when we have players that we can easily re-sign, there's no reason NOT to spend close to the allocated cap.

Lexwhat
06-27-2006, 05:01 PM

Too bad the guys in charge are being cheap...now I agree it's always important to leave SOME cap space for flexibility, but when we have players that we can easily re-sign, there's no reason NOT to spend close to the allocated cap.

By the way, did we re-sign Jason Peters to an extension? Not that we should necessarily give him big money, but I think everyone can agree that it would be a big plus to have him locked up. He's just as good as any player on our present line...

Devin
06-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Thanks man.

I just dont see the point in sitting on a big wad.

Yuck, yuck, all joking aside, why save the money?

Evry single team in the league can get better in places.

Yes, theres not doodly squat as far as FA's. But, why in the hell cant we make some big moves anyways? How about trading Clements for a top notch OT, or DE and then sign Ty Law?

Hes only good for a few more years, but the guy can play. And by then, one of our young DB's might be ready to start like Youbouty.

Im sure we can think of some trades that would improve this team right now.

You'll be thanking the team next year when we have to replace Nate, sign Peters and likely McGahee. I believe Fletcher is a FA as well?

X-Era
06-27-2006, 08:49 PM
You'll be thanking the team next year when we have to replace Nate, sign Peters and likely McGahee. I believe Fletcher is a FA as well?

Im must be missing something, how does trading Nates azz right now affect us next year? I said sign Law, hes good for at least one year. McGahee may not like it, but hes going nowhere next year. Peters resigning is yet another move that should be done THIS year when he wont cost as much. If he continues to progress, he will end up a top 10 OT, and command that type of money.

TacklingDummy
06-28-2006, 06:15 AM

Uh huh, all the time in the world is not gonna make JP a good QB. The only thing time is gonna show, is something I already know, JP is a BUST.

But Hey, im sure you'll come up with 50 excuses for why he sucks. So it won't be JPs fault.