X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgun12
    • Jul 2002

Don't be dissapointed!

Don't be dissapointed with our Free agent signings. Here why.

Other teams are going to jump out and offer players crazy money at the start of FA's. TD probably has these same players in mind, but also has a price in mind. If you look back at his days in Pittsburgh you will see that he will not pay much more than the number in his head. So if teams go crazy out of the block, TD won't get into a biiding war.
    That being said I believe TD has players in mind that he will go after, maybe not the top tier guys we all want, but the players we get will be good quality additions and we will be happy come game day. We have one of the best FO in the business and I have complete faith in them.
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV
  • ArcticWildMan

Yup. I agree. TD will have his eye on one big name player but he will have 3-4 other lesser rated players that we can sign if a bidding war starts.

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
      • Jul 2002

simple statement, simply great thread..
      Its all about the quest.

Comment

• lordofgun
        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

TD is the man. He could definitely kick colin's :angry:.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• kgun12
          • Jul 2002

Re: Don't be dissapointed!

Originally posted by kgun12
          Don't be dissapointed with our Free agent signings. Here why.

Other teams are going to jump out and offer players crazy money at the start of FA's. TD probably has these same players in mind, but also has a price in mind. If you look back at his days in Pittsburgh you will see that he will not pay much more than the number in his head. So if teams go crazy out of the block, TD won't get into a biiding war.
          That being said I believe TD has players in mind that he will go after, maybe not the top tier guys we all want, but the players we get will be good quality additions and we will be happy come game day. We have one of the best FO in the business and I have complete faith in them.
          If we really do keep Price, keep this thread in mind with every signing!
          Last edited by kgun12; 02-27-2003, 12:15 PM.
          USAF VETERAN
          DAV

Comment

• Bufftp
            Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

I agree Kgun
            Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
            "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
            Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
            - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
            to be led by permanent ideals -
            that is what keeps a man patient
            when the world ignores him,
            and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• kgun12
              • Jul 2002

When you look at Wys thread on a TD going slow in Free agency, this what I meant when I started this thread on 2-17-03.
              USAF VETERAN
              DAV

Comment

• kgun12
                • Jul 2002

This is a reminder to the folks that are already giving TD C"s and D's for FA that is only 2 days old.
                USAF VETERAN
                DAV

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

I agree with a take it slow approach, but if it also means every player worth signing is picked up by other teams, what good does it do?

The only "marquee" player we have made an offer to is our very own Peerless Price and that looks to be nothing more than a means to get a draft pick.

I don't normally question TD, but this lack of action on anything other than average players is starting to worry me.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                    • Jul 2002

I don't see why some are ripping TD. The only team that has gone hog wild in FA so far is Washington. Most the players we had in mind are still out there. Patience for goodness sakes

Comment

• kgun12
                      • Jul 2002

AGRRED FTG!

Arctic: Read my whole initial post. TD hads never done things fast and probably get the guys, he doesn't work FA like that. This should surprise us.

EVERYONE RELAX, remember last year, slow FA and know money we ended up with Bledsoe, Fletcher, Hollis and Chidi. Not bad for not having money. Now we have money,so lets wait until it's over and see what he does before we get crazy.
                      USAF VETERAN
                      DAV

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

It's not the fact that he is not signing anybody that bothers us. It is the fact that he is signing scrubs or third tier players and also not even bringing any of the big names in for meetings. IMO, we should have at least 3 or 4 visits scheduled for today and tomorrow.....Mike Peterson, Takeo Spikes, John Thornton, and Hugh Douglas. Then he should schedule visits with some other names for Monday and Tuesday....Roosevelt Colvin, Vonnie Holliday, Shawn Barber, Daryl Gardener, and Sam Adams.

If we start setting up meetings with these players and trying to get them interested...then I feel that we wouldn't be so upset right now with all the moves that TD isn't doing.

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

It's been only 2 days guys. Remember it's all one giant chess game. I'm certain TD will come out on top. Just be patient.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Sigh....I'm trying, but the waiting is killing me

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Plus, if he is not working on bringing people in, then he should be working on re-signing our own players....Mike Hollis, Brian Moorman, Chidi Ahonatu, and Phillip Crosby.

Comment

Working...
                              X