• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

What happens if JP actually gets "it" early this season

One thing I was thinking is what if the new system installed helps JP out alot more this year and fits him much, much better. JP looked like a fish out of water last year after TD tried to change his style and what he could do. If JP gets going early and gains confidence, can we make a playoff run?
    Last edited by Mitchy moo; 06-27-2006, 03:34 PM.
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Re: What happens if JP actually gets "it" early this season

I think QB is a huge question mark, so yeah, I think we have a chance if one of them does well.

I'm psyched to see a healthy Parish and Everett.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
      I'm psyched to see a healthy Parish and Everett.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

a playoff run? I doubt it. A run at making the playoffs? Probably. It depends on the OL and how the D holds up (although if the offense can actually stay on the field, the D will look much better).
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

If JP gets it then that means the OLINe is playing well, which means Willis is doing well, so in that case we would definitly be one of the surprises in the league and be considered one of the young up and coming teams
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

If JP clicks we still have issues stoping the run and generating a pass rush. This puts more pressure on JP to put up huge numbers. Not good.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Good quarterback play could mean playoffs. Thats clearly the biggest question on the team. Lets all hope it's J.P. who wins the job.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                If JP clicks we still have issues stoping the run and generating a pass rush. This puts more pressure on JP to put up huge numbers. Not good.
                I disagree with you on this one. All JP has to do is put up respectable numbers to make the D back off. That will open holes for Willis. The longer the O is on the field, it reduces the effect of our defensive liabilities.

That being said, I don't think that will happen in time to salvage our season. My guess is that JP will stuggle in the first few games and we'll dig ourselves into a hole, and hopefully we'll finish strong and have something to build on for 07.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

If JP gets it early, I think Buffalo has a shot at a winning season. If it turns out that the Bills defensive line manages to get pressure on the QB without a ton of blitzing, and the Bills offensive line proves good enough to let Willis McGahee run for 1500 yards or more, along with JP getting it early, I think Buffalo has at least a shot at the playoffs. Too many ifs for me to be expecting that though.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ
                    If JP gets it early, I think Buffalo has a shot at a winning season. If it turns out that the Bills defensive line manages to get pressure on the QB without a ton of blitzing, and the Bills offensive line proves good enough to let Willis McGahee run for 1500 yards or more, along with JP getting it early, I think Buffalo has at least a shot at the playoffs. Too many ifs for me to be expecting that though.
                    There is always one or two teams that manage to suprise every season, they turn if's into when's. Hopefully we can be one of them.
                    Last edited by Mitchy moo; 06-27-2006, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• PcA125
                      • May 2006

I agree... It seems like our D usually held strong in the beg. But by the end of the game they had been out there so much that anyone could run all over them. Even a small increase in offensive production could help this D out quite a bit
                      Cheers!

Comment

• mikemac2001
                        is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                        • Mar 2003

alot of factors, i hope w/e qb is in there plays better then last year. I think JP is our best bet but i just want to see win's.

MUCK
                        FIAMI

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by PcA125
                          I agree... It seems like our D usually held strong in the beg. But by the end of the game they had been out there so much that anyone could run all over them. Even a small increase in offensive production could help this D out quite a bit
                          How about they create a turnover or actually stop someone within 3 downs? Now that would be something we haven't seen in years here.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                            How about they create a turnover or actually stop someone within 3 downs? Now that would be something we haven't seen in years here.
                            actually just one year- they did plenty of that in 04.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Meathead
                              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                              • Jul 2002

you gotta define gets it

minimally gets it: 13 or more starts; 18 or more td passes; fewer ints than tds; 57% compl.; 3100+ yds; 35- sacks; 8- FL

thats around the 40th-50th percentile of starting qbs in the league, not at all impossible for a third year qb especially a first rounder. of course you probably get that with holcomb by default, but lets not digress

thats more than enough production to pound a franchise back. combine jp with the fast receivers and you gotta figure a decent amount of his td throws would be bombs making it a carolina style patient but fast strike offense. under holcomb its more extended drives

then it falls on the defense. even pounding the franchise back with that kind of production from the qb wont win if you cant stop the run. that remains a question mark because of the line but theres no question the secondary will ball, meaning that ints will come when the bills get the lead

thats a 8-8 team that with a couple breaks makes the playoffs

impressively gets it: 13 or more starts; 22 or more td passes; 16- ints; 60% compl.; 3500+ yds; 28- sacks; 5- FL

zero question in my mind this would be a playoff capable team IF jp gets it like that. naturally that applies to any other quarterback posting those stats

thats around the 33rd percentile meaning he’d be better than two-thirds of the other starters in the league

around a 10-6 team and 60/40 to make the playoffs

everything else i said would apply except that the defensive line wouldnt be as much of a potential liability. the four extra td passes and higher percentage means more times with the lead or superior field position, putting in more rushing tds and fgs, and pressuring the opponent to pass - ala st. louis rams style.

as much as id like it to be, i dont see any of the bills qbs as a lock to do the latter so more than likely its a season hoping we get a string of luck like the pats did in their first sb run where a steamship loaded with horseshoes rammed up their rears propelled them to the title
                              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                              X