PDA

View Full Version : Good-bye to NFL Network on cable

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-27-2006, 08:37 PM
A friend of mine that works at Time Warner told me that TW has finally has the go ahead to take over bankrupt Adelphia. He says that TW and Comcast will split the area 1/2 of us will have TW the rest of will have Comcast. (Not shure who will get TW and who'll get Comcast) He says there's new channels coming also, one of them includes the return of the Empire Sports Network coming this fall but not like we remember it. It will be better. Think Sportscenter but only with WNY sports It will take over the channel that NFL Network is on and MSG will be moved so only people of the NYC/Long Island, New Jersey area It's a New York channel anyways.

http://wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=39147
http://www.timewarnercable.com/CustomerService/CLU/TWCCLUs.ashx?CLUID=477&Zip=&Image1.x=14&Image1.y=7

ZacGriffi~82
06-27-2006, 10:07 PM
So if i already have TW i'm not going to get MSG anymore?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-27-2006, 10:32 PM
So if i already have TW i'm not going to get MSG anymore?

I supose so we shall see our ch. lineups changing in a few weeks I think :idunno: I have TW also.

ZacGriffi~82
06-27-2006, 11:10 PM
How am i supposed to watch the Sabres?

Carlton Bailey
06-27-2006, 11:59 PM
Wait, so no more Sabres or NFL Network for current Adelphia subscribers?

LtFinFan66
06-28-2006, 12:06 AM
Thank God for Direct TV

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-28-2006, 12:22 AM
Maybe this will describe it better
http://news.aol.com/entertainment/articles/_a/bankruptcy-judge-gives-go-ahead-for/n20060627191609990019

Tatonka
06-28-2006, 01:42 AM
the nfl channel is becoming hugely popular.. no way they wont keep it.

Night Train
06-28-2006, 02:47 AM
Haven't had overpriced Adelphia Cable in several years. It sucked. Long live the Dish.

Don't Panic
06-28-2006, 06:35 AM
I have Comcast down here in Maryland and we get the NFL Network. Not sure what that would mean for a WNY Comcaster, but I would assume it's the same (if you go digital they will put ESN up in the 600s). Haven't had Adelphia bills for years, so I can't speak to what they're like... Comcast is pretty pricey, though - $80 for digital cable without pay channels. Welcome to the club!

Samphin1
06-28-2006, 09:26 AM
Comcast has NFL network out here on the west coast too. I don't bother with it though. I have my dish and all its goodness. :)

SquishDaFish
06-28-2006, 02:34 PM
Direct Tv is the way to go.

THATHURMANATOR
06-29-2006, 11:25 PM
The NFL network is overated.

Bill Brasky
06-29-2006, 11:54 PM
Comcast is pretty pricey, though - $80 for digital cable without pay channels. Welcome to the club!

Monopolies rule!

Eventhough Adelphia sucked, it was good having them around. Now Comcast and TW will buy up all the competition until there's nothing left.

Mr. Cynical
07-01-2006, 01:31 AM
The time to party is when DirecTV's monopoly of NFL Ticket expires. That will all but relegate DTV to a) pirates or b) people who live in the boonies and can't get cable.

The dish has no advantages over cable but does have disadvantages - rain/snow fade.

BlackMetalNinja
07-01-2006, 05:26 AM
The time to party is when DirecTV's monopoly of NFL Ticket expires. That will all but relegate DTV to a) pirates or b) people who live in the boonies and can't get cable.

The dish has no advantages over cable but does have disadvantages - rain/snow fade.

Ninjas hate pirates...

Historian
07-01-2006, 07:56 AM
The NFL network is overated.

While I agree with you Thurm...it's nice to know that when there's nothing else on the other 998 channels...you can always catch some football highlights.

:up:

RockStar36
07-01-2006, 08:28 PM
I have Adelphia. This news is bittersweet. The NFL Network blows right now but in the season it is great. I would love to have Empire (or something similar) back but the NFL network is what replaced it. And Adelphia in my area always had channel 19 (a public access station) show all Sabres games.

SquishDaFish
07-01-2006, 08:48 PM
Well sorry but Direct Tv renewed that the ticket last year for I think the next 58 years or abouts. Direct Tv wont lose sunday ticket they know its a big part of their service. And if your dish is mounted right and you take care of your dish with a cover or spray in winter it wont faid unless serious thunder storms.

Michael82
07-02-2006, 09:18 AM
Well sorry but Direct Tv renewed that the ticket last year for I think the next 58 years or abouts. Direct Tv wont lose sunday ticket they know its a big part of their service. And if your dish is mounted right and you take care of your dish with a cover or spray in winter it wont faid unless serious thunder storms.
wrong again. :sorry:

Sportsuser101
07-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Thank God for Direct TV

Yup yup.

Sportsuser101
07-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Yeah DirecTv almost never goes out for me. And if it does it's when it's really bad thunderstorms when cable goes out as well. They signed a 5 year extension a year ago and I can't see any reason why they wouldn't extend it again.

Michael82
07-03-2006, 06:41 PM
Yeah DirecTv almost never goes out for me. And if it does it's when it's really bad thunderstorms when cable goes out as well. They signed a 5 year extension a year ago and I can't see any reason why they wouldn't extend it again.
because the NFL could get even more rich if they offered it to everyone. :$:

Sportsuser101
07-03-2006, 06:54 PM
because the NFL could get even more rich if they offered it to everyone. :$:

Not so sure about that. DirecTv gives that much because its exclusive. Each system that offers it wouldn't be paying the billions of dollars DirecTv does now. Heck they get $3.5 billion dollars from DirecTv. I see no reason why the NFL would change.

Spiderweb
07-04-2006, 07:21 AM

Rain/snow fade? Sure, yet very very limited and rain fade is usually very short, and not very frequent. I see it a handfull times each year. More than acceptable.

Cable and quality of signal? Dish wins hands down, even with their overcompression
of the signal. Absolutely no comparison. HUGE advantage to Dish....

Price, again, another HUGE advantage to Dish.....

Sounds almost like you're a cable plant. Either that or your eyes are failing...