PDA

View Full Version : Give me a projected Bills starting lineup

Bling
06-28-2006, 09:23 AM
If the season started today, what's the starting lineup?

Bling
06-28-2006, 09:23 AM
also include depth charts please.

Devin
06-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Offense:
OT: Jason Peters/Brad Butler
OG: Chris Villerial/Aaron Merz
C: Melvin Fowler/Justin Geisenger
OG: Tutan Reyes/Duke Preston
OT: Mike Gandy/Matt Morgan
TE: Robert Royal/Kevin Everett
WR: Lee Evans/Roscoe Parrish
WR: Peerless Price/Josh Reed
RB: Willis McGahee/Anthony Thomas
FB: Damion Shelton/Joe Burns
QB: J.P Losman/Craig Nall/Kelly Holcomb

Defense:
DE: Aaron Schobel/Mark Word
DT: Larry Triplett/John McCargo
DT: Tim Anderson/Kyle Williams
DE: Chris Kelsay/Ryan Denney
OLB: Angello Crowell/Jeff Posey
MLB: London Fletcher/Watson
OLB: Takeo Spikes/Mario Haggan
CB: Nate Clements/Ashton Youboty
CB: Terrence McGee/Jabari Greer
SS: Donte Whitner/Matt Bowen
FS: Troy Vincent/Rashad Baker/Ko Simpson

gr8slayer
06-28-2006, 09:58 AM
Somehow I doubt Losman will be starting on opening day :(

ICE74129
06-28-2006, 10:03 AM
Losman had better start

HHURRICANE
06-28-2006, 10:13 AM
What happened to Gates. I thought this guy was good and I hear absolutely nothing about him.

OpIv37
06-28-2006, 10:14 AM
somehow I doubt Peerless Price will even be on the team on opening day, let alone starting.

That DL is probably accurate, but it's friggin SCARY. Other than Schobel and Tripplett, there is almost no talent (maybe McCargo, but that's it).

HHURRICANE
06-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Offense:

Defense:

When you see this on paper our Offense looks better than our Defense.

HHURRICANE
06-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Poor Donte Whitner. You are going to see a lot of highlights with him getting burned. Our DL still looks bad.

Devin
06-28-2006, 10:29 AM
somehow I doubt Peerless Price will even be on the team on opening day, let alone starting.

Thats a hell of a contract for someone who wont be on the team.

ICE74129
06-28-2006, 10:35 AM

That DL is probably accurate, but it's friggin SCARY. Other than Schobel and Tripplett, there is almost no talent (maybe McCargo, but that's it).

Care to bet on price? I bet he is our #2 and do well.

ICE74129
06-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Offense:

Defense:

I agree with one change, I think Ko will see considerable playing time. I also agree with others, I really don't like that DL at all. It will = a looooong season.

OpIv37
06-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Care to bet on price? I bet he is our #2 and do well.

make me an offer

ICE74129
06-28-2006, 10:52 AM
make me an offer Name it. I don't know where you come up with some of this but to say price wont' be here...back it up and put something on it.

OpIv37
06-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Name it. I don't know where you come up with some of this but to say price wont' be here...back it up and put something on it.

I'll bet 2000 ZB's that he doesn't make the team.

If he does make the team, I'll bet another 2000 ZB's that he will be not be starting on opening day.

ICE74129
06-28-2006, 11:00 AM

If he does make the team, I'll bet another 2000 ZB's that he will be not be starting on opening day.

Done

BuffaloBillsStampede
06-28-2006, 12:14 PM
I think I like OP's chances...I do not have a lot of faith in Price, and our D-Line is very sketchy right unless one of those other three guys can pull something crazy off.

ublinkwescore
06-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Offense:

Defense:

Sweet - no more Coy Wire!!

I don't know about Roscoe behind Lee Evans.

Patti120
06-28-2006, 12:34 PM

SCARY!!!! Not in a good way

Yasgur's Farm
06-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Offense:
RT: Jason Peters/Terrance Pennington
RG: Duke Preston/Aaron Merz
LG: Tutan Reyes/Aaron Gibson
LT: Mike Gandy/Brad Butler
WR: Lee Evans/Andre Davis/Roscoe Parrish
WR: Peerless Price/Josh Reed/Martin Nance/Sam Aiken
RB: Willis McGahee/Lionel Gates
FB: Damion Shelton/Anthony Thomas

Defense:
RDE: Aaron Schobel/Mark Word
RDT: Larry Triplett/Tim Anderson
LDT: John McCargo/Kyle Williams
LDE: Chris Kelsay/Ryan Denney
SLB: Angello Crowell/Keith Ellison
MLB: London Fletcher/Courtney Watson
WLB: Takeo Spikes/Mario Haggan
RCB: Nate Clements/Ashton Youboty/Eric King
LCB: Terrence McGee/Jabari Greer
FS: Troy Vincent/Ko Simpson/Rashad Baker

Special Teams:
K: Rian Lindell
P: Brian Morman
LS: Mike Schneck

Devin
06-28-2006, 01:24 PM
I have a hard time seeing Butler at LT. I like him as a "John Runyan like" RT a few years from now however.

Yasgur's Farm
06-28-2006, 01:32 PM
I hear ya... I just have a hard time seeing any of this years draft choices getting cut. While I show Butler at LT, I don't think he would get the call if Gandy couldn't answer the bell... Maybe sliding Peters over in that scenario would be the answer.

Mr. Pink
06-28-2006, 03:37 PM
Offense:

Defense:

Nice work Devin....few changes I'd make though...

Andre Davis will back up Lee Evans and end up being our slot receiver til he gets hurt and then Reed will take that spot.

Shaud will be back another year in backup RB duties, with Gates behind him. A-trains career derailed a while ago and won't resurrect here.

At Tight End, if Everett stays healthy, he'll be the number 1 TE. He is more of a receiving threat than Royal who's main duty will be blocking. So it's more like 1a and 1b. Everett in for passing downs, Royal in for rushing downs or both on the field at the same time in 2 TE sets.

Holcomb will end up starting, with JP being the number 2. Til Holcomb gets hurt and JP comes in and actually plays to keep the job. And plays to keep the job doesn't mean he's gonna set the league on fire.

Defensively I agree completely though, only difference opening day may be Posey playing for Spikes if Spikes isn't ready to go.

FlyingDutchman
06-28-2006, 03:56 PM

I disagree. We should have a much more verticle offense this year in which plays into Prices strong points. Could be just wishful thinking, but I really think he could revive his career here.

OpIv37
06-28-2006, 04:03 PM
Defensively I agree completely though, only difference opening day may be Posey playing for Spikes if Spikes isn't ready to go.
oh man I hope that doesn't happen. Last year, I knew it was over the second I saw Spikes leaving the field on that damn cart.

ICE74129
06-28-2006, 04:22 PM
Nice work Devin....few changes I'd make though...

Andre Davis will back up Lee Evans and end up being our slot receiver til he gets hurt and then Reed will take that spot.

Shaud will be back another year in backup RB duties, with Gates behind him. A-trains career derailed a while ago and won't resurrect here.

At Tight End, if Everett stays healthy, he'll be the number 1 TE. He is more of a receiving threat than Royal who's main duty will be blocking. So it's more like 1a and 1b. Everett in for passing downs, Royal in for rushing downs or both on the field at the same time in 2 TE sets.

Holcomb will end up starting, with JP being the number 2. Til Holcomb gets hurt and JP comes in and actually plays to keep the job. And plays to keep the job doesn't mean he's gonna set the league on fire.

If holcomb starts, the entire staff needs to be fired. Do I need to post that clowns W/L record for his career again? he is a LOSER. Marv and DJ need to cut the **** and start JP and get it over with

patmoran2006
06-28-2006, 05:16 PM
When you see this on paper our Offense looks better than our Defense.

I totally disagree... If Whitner plays well as a rookie and of course Spikes is healthy again our defense is going to be A LOT better than people think.

On the otherhand, I **** myself thinking about potentially how bad this offense can be.

SpillerThrills
06-28-2006, 08:52 PM
interesting to see that some people have Crowell starting over Posey... now I'm not saying Posey is that great but what about if he moved to DE??? I've heard it mentioned once or twice on here but nothing more.... I think he would be good at DE cause he can get a good pass rush and has the speed on the outside.....

Mr. Miyagi
06-28-2006, 09:15 PM

You think they would let Roscoe/Reed/Davis/Nance be the starter opposite Evans? Reed has the best chance to, but Price will still start ahead of him.

patmoran2006
06-28-2006, 10:00 PM
I share OP's sentiments about Price, but I think your wrong bud..

They just have him a $2.5 million bonus, they're not going to cut him before opening day.. NOT Happening... I think he's a bum and he's going to be a bust (sorry for the negativity-but i'm entitled to my opinion).. But I think come opening day he'll DEFINITELY be on the roster, and likely will get the "chance" to start.

I like DAvis if he can stay healthy and I have this hunch Nance is going to really good in time.. I absolutely DESPISE Reed and Parrish is a "so what" WR in my book.

Mr. Miyagi
06-28-2006, 11:05 PM
I share OP's sentiments about Price, but I think your wrong bud..

They just have him a $2.5 million bonus, they're not going to cut him before opening day.. NOT Happening... I think he's a bum and he's going to be a bust (sorry for the negativity-but i'm entitled to my opinion).. But I think come opening day he'll DEFINITELY be on the roster, and likely will get the "chance" to start.

I like DAvis if he can stay healthy and I have this hunch Nance is going to really good in time.. I absolutely DESPISE Reed and Parrish is a "so what" WR in my book.
So far Parrish falls into the category of Donte Stallworth / Randle El, one of those smallish "he's going to be really good one of these days" players and "that day" doesn't ever come...

tampabay25690
06-29-2006, 09:11 AM
Offense:

Defense:

Devin I think you have it right on the money.............Don't be surprised if Ko Simpson is starting some time this year.....

DraftBoy
06-29-2006, 12:52 PM
If holcomb starts, the entire staff needs to be fired. Do I need to post that clowns W/L record for his career again? he is a LOSER. Marv and DJ need to cut the **** and start JP and get it over with

What justifies that exactly? JP has outpreformed KH in practice? Nope, not to date? JP has a better win loss record than KH? Nope both have losing records. KH however has shown the ability to not lose games. Losman has not shown the same thing. We burnt a 1st round pick on Losman, BUT that in no way means he automatically gets to start, if that were true, then the staff really does need to be fired.

ICE74129
06-29-2006, 12:59 PM
What justifies that exactly? JP has outpreformed KH in practice? Nope, not to date? JP has a better win loss record than KH? Nope both have losing records. KH however has shown the ability to not lose games. Losman has not shown the same thing. We burnt a 1st round pick on Losman, BUT that in no way means he automatically gets to start, if that were true, then the staff really does need to be fired.

Actually the latest reports have him outperforming Holcolmb and at dead worst even with him. All things being = you start losman. Holcomb is a career loser, JP hasn't had a career yet. JP has all the upside and holcomb is a backup that is getting older and older with no arm.

You start JP.

DraftBoy
06-29-2006, 01:20 PM
Actually the latest reports have him outperforming Holcolmb and at dead worst even with him. All things being = you start losman. Holcomb is a career loser, JP hasn't had a career yet. JP has all the upside and holcomb is a backup that is getting older and older with no arm.

You start JP.

Thats one report v. the other 4 minicamps prior...Atleast try and not be too bias. When JP preforms consistently both in practice and in games then he deserves the shot, till then he deserves nothing. Also lets not also forget Nall also looked good if not even in the last minicamp, personally Im pulling for Nall.

OpIv37
06-29-2006, 01:26 PM
So far Parrish falls into the category of Donte Stallworth / Randle El, one of those smallish "he's going to be really good one of these days" players and "that day" doesn't ever come...

This isn't proper BZ logic. You're supposed to say "Well Roscoe's the same size as Steve Smith, and Steve Smith is dominant, therefore, Roscoe Parrish will be dominant too".

Always remember- if some other guy did something once on some other team in some other year, it means it's going to happen to the Bills this year.

justasportsfan
06-29-2006, 02:17 PM
That's one scary unproven list. I was more confident with the line-up we had when we went 3-13 . :ill:

Our hopes depend on how well our coaches can make them into a cohessive unit. Maybe a few miracles will happen here and there. Either ways, I like where the team is headed. It may not happen this year, but I'll be more excited about next year.

chubluv
06-29-2006, 10:30 PM
I only have one request. If JP or Nall get the starting job Holcomb should be cut. I don't think it would be good for either QB to be looking over their shoulder. A Shane Matthews type guy as a 3rd QB would make sense also. I also think that Nall or JP should get the job. Holcomb is to old especially if the rest of our team is so young.

ShadowHawk7
06-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Offense:

Defense:

-Our backup O-lineman, other than Preston, scare the heck out of me.

-I think Davis will suprise and take the #2 spot w/ Evans w/ Price and Reed alternating at #3 and #4 depending on the situation.

-I think Mark Word will quietly get a handful of sacks as a backup DE

-We have some amazing depth at LB if your arrangement comes to pass

-Where is Eric King for DBs? He won the Nickle from Greer last year, so what happened? I think Youboty will be our #5 to start the season.

SABURZFAN
06-30-2006, 01:15 PM
If the season started today, what's the starting lineup?

do your own research,you tool.stop pestering people with your lack of knowledge.

justasportsfan
06-30-2006, 01:34 PM
This isn't proper BZ logic. You're supposed to say "Well Roscoe's the same size as Steve Smith, and Steve Smith is dominant, therefore, Roscoe Parrish will be dominant too".

Always remember- if some other guy did something once on some other team in some other year, it means it's going to happen to the Bills this year. Wrong, BZ logic according to you , The SKY is falling. We're doomed no matter what.

and wrong again, if IT CAN happen with others, IT CAN happen with the bills. Does not mean it WILL DEFENITELY happen. :rolleyes:

OpIv37
06-30-2006, 02:04 PM
Wrong, BZ logic according to you , The SKY is falling. We're doomed no matter what.

and wrong again, if IT CAN happen with others, IT CAN happen with the bills. Does not mean it WILL DEFENITELY happen. :rolleyes:

right, and my predictions that the sky was falling last year were completely off base- I was being too positive. The team finished worse than I thought.

What people fail to see is that if it happened in the past, all it proves is the possibility, and it doesn't always prove that because every situation is different.

Example: Peerless Price. Yes, other players have struggled for a number of seasons then come back to play well. But Price has struggled over the last three years- I don't think there is any disagreement there. Now, he's trying to resurrect his career on a team with an inexperienced QB that struggled last year and an improving but still shaky OL. Even if Price improves his personal play, the other factors on the team may hinder his comeback (for lack of a better term).

Someone (I think it was you, justa) mentioned Sam Adams. Well, he resurrected his career in Buffalo by being on a D that was #2 in the league. Certainly he was one reason why the D did so well, but the talent around him helped as well. If he had joined the Bills a year sooner, without TKO, Posey, Fletcher, Vincent and Milloy, it would have been a different story entirely.

All those examples prove is that something isn't impossible in a certain situation. It doesn't make it any more likely to happen here and it doesn't accout for the totality of the situation, and therefore it's irrelevant.

justasportsfan
06-30-2006, 02:16 PM
right, and my predictions that the sky was falling last year were completely off base- I was being too positive. The team finished worse than I thought.

What people fail to see is that if it happened in the past, all it proves is the possibility, and it doesn't always prove that because every situation is different.

Example: Peerless Price. Yes, other players have struggled for a number of seasons then come back to play well. But Price has struggled over the last three years- I don't think there is any disagreement there. Now, he's trying to resurrect his career on a team with an inexperienced QB that struggled last year and an improving but still shaky OL. Even if Price improves his personal play, the other factors on the team may hinder his comeback (for lack of a better term).

Someone (I think it was you, justa) mentioned Sam Adams. Well, he resurrected his career in Buffalo by being on a D that was #2 in the league. Certainly he was one reason why the D did so well, but the talent around him helped as well. If he had joined the Bills a year sooner, without TKO, Posey, Fletcher, Vincent and Milloy, it would have been a different story entirely.

All those examples prove is that something isn't impossible in a certain situation. It doesn't make it any more likely to happen here and it doesn't accout for the totality of the situation, and therefore it's irrelevant.Are we back to this again.

For the nth time, just because it happened to other means it CAN ( NOT IT WILL) happen to us.

Drews career was revived for a season, so was Adams'. I don;t care what were circumstances but the FACT that it did happen , it can happen again. Sheez. Try comprehending.

Just because Parrish is small does this mean he will fail? Like I said, stop making a general prediction. If' you're so good at assessing people why do you keep sidestepping nos. of players when I ask you to predict them?

Someone posts in another thread what he thought was good about the players we drafted and then you go on to ramble " Don't get you hopes up, blah,blah,blah, the wrold is ending" . Your pessimistic , the world is ending crap is getting old. No one is predicting a sb win or even a playoff birth.

We're not homers here but anyone to you who does not agree that the Revelation in the Bible is upon us crappy attitude that you keep spewing here are homers who don't see at Christ is on his way here tomorrow.

Go do your crying over at BB.com or somewhere else. Just because your basement got flooded, no need to flood the forums with your tears.

OpIv37
06-30-2006, 02:26 PM
Are we back to this again.

For the nth time, just because it happened to other means it CAN ( NOT IT WILL) happen to us.

Drews career was revived for a season, so was Adams'. I don;t care what were circumstances but the FACT that it did happen , it can happen again. Sheez. Try comprehending.

Just because Parrish is small does this mean he will fail? Like I said, stop making a general prediction. If' you're so good at assessing people why do you keep sidestepping nos. of players when I ask you to predict them?

Someone posts in another thread what he thought was good about the players we drafted and then you go on to ramble " Don't get you hopes up, blah,blah,blah, the wrold is ending" . Your pessimistic , the world is ending crap is getting old. No one is predicting a sb win or even a playoff birth.

We're not homers here but anyone to you who does not agree that the Revelation in the Bible is upon us crappy attitude that you keep spewing here are homers who don't see at Christ is on his way here tomorrow.

Go do your crying over at BB.com or somewhere else. Just because your basement got flooded, no need to flood the forums with your tears.

you know, in your mind there is no distinction between pessimism and realism. Why is it that expecting a rookie to struggle is "crying" in your book? I'm sorry that you can't accept the fact that rookies don't come into the league as all-pros.

Does Parrish's size mean he will fail? No, but it does make it a hell of a lot more likely. Do Price's struggles with other teams mean he will struggle here? No, but it does make it a hell of a lot more likely. For some reason, you seem unable to acknowledge this type of information.

It's naive to think everything is going to work out in the Bills' favor.

justasportsfan
06-30-2006, 02:37 PM
you know, in your mind there is no distinction between pessimism and realism. Why is it that expecting a rookie to struggle is "crying" in your book? I'm sorry that you can't accept the fact that rookies don't come into the league as all-pros.

Does Parrish's size mean he will fail? No, but it does make it a hell of a lot more likely. Do Price's struggles with other teams mean he will struggle here? No, but it does make it a hell of a lot more likely. For some reason, you seem unable to acknowledge this type of information.

It's naive to think everything is going to work out in the Bills' favor. WRONG, you didn't see me starting Joy threads when we signed Price. Show me where I even say he'll do great here. I've always been a wait and see type of fan. You on the other always look at the doom side of things. I'm glad I'm not you or I'd hate sports.

Price failed under certain circumstances, will he fail again ? A "maybe, maybe not" attitude to you means I'm not being realistic. That's your interpretation. Not mine. I'd rather wait and see if he does fit Fairchild's system. Nothing is good enough for you people even though the guy who ran the team the last 6 years is gone and the new coach is doing things differently.

I DARE you to point out any of my posts saying that EVERYTHING is gonna work out for the bills. Show me where I predict even a playoff. Cmon.

So , where are my predictions since he is likely to fail because of size? How many NEGATIVE yards for a small guy will he get. Heaven knows in your mind, he'll have negative yards in his carreer.

OpIv37
06-30-2006, 02:44 PM
WRONG, you didn't see me starting Joy threads when we signed Price. Show me where I even say he'll do great here. I've always been a wait and see type of fan. You on the other always look at the doom side of things. I'm glad I'm not you or I'd hate sports.

Price failed under certain circumstances, will he fail again ? A "maybe, maybe not" attitude to you means I'm not being realistic. That's your interpretation. Not mine. I'd rather wait and see if he does fit Fairchild's system. Nothing is good enough for you people even though the guy who ran the team the last 6 years is gone and the new coach is doing things differently.

I DARE you to point out any of my posts saying that EVERYTHING is gonna work out for the bills. Show me where I predict even a playoff. Cmon.

So , where are my predictions since he is likely to fail because of size? How many NEGATIVE yards for a small guy will he get. Heaven knows in your mind, he'll have negative yards in his carreer.

here's the problem with your "wait and see" approach. This team is full of "maybe , maybe not" scenarios, and in IMO most of them appear to be on the "not" side. Either way, I'd like to see a hell of a lot more "probably, but maybe not" scenarios than this 50-50 at-best **** you just described.

And different is not necessarily better. I don't understand why you're so willing to give a coach with 4 losing seasons to 1 winning one the benefit of the doubt.

justasportsfan
06-30-2006, 02:51 PM
here's the problem with your "wait and see" approach. This team is full of "maybe , maybe not" scenarios,.we're rebuilding, what do you expect?

and in IMO most of them appear to be on the "not" side. ,.Puhlease, even if by some miracle, your attitude tells me you'd find something to whine about.

Either way, I'd like to see a hell of a lot more "probably, but maybe not" scenarios than this 50-50 at-best **** you just described. ,.It's beyond OUR control. Stop crying over things we can't control. I wish we had Weiss as our HC. It isn't happening. In the meantime, I'm not gonna cry that Jauron is our HC. One thing I'm happy about that is that TD and Moolerkey aren't here anymore.

And different is not necessarily better.. BUT you know it's worse? You talk like it's worse. I haven't said anything either other than, I like what theyre doing which is opposite of what the last regime did.

I don't understand why you're so willing to give a coach with 4 losing seasons to 1 winning one the benefit of the doubt. Show me where I'm giving Jauron 4 seasons. Since you love making implications about what I think, where's your basis?

I'm still waiting for all my posts I asked you to quote me on. :tap: If you can't stop making assumptions that I think everything is great on OBD. Like a Whacko once said, "that's just ignorant."

OpIv37
06-30-2006, 03:01 PM
Show me where I'm giving Jauron 4 seasons. Since you love making implications about what I think, where's your basis?

I'm still waiting for all my posts I asked you to quote me on. :tap: If you can't stop making assumptions that I think everything is great on OBD. Like a Whacko once said, "that's just ignorant."

I didn't make any implications-I was talking about Jauron's record with the Bears. He had one winning season and 4 losing seasons. You are, however, giving him the benefit of the doubt for some reason that I can't comprehend.

It's not an assumption, it's a prediction. I'm predicting, based on past performance, that Price and Jauron will not do well. I'm predicting that Roscoe's size will limit his development. I'm predicting that rookies will struggle because they're rookies.

And yes, there's a chance I'm wrong- I'm willing to admit that- but I don't see what's so illogical about those predictions.

justasportsfan
06-30-2006, 03:12 PM
I didn't make any implications-I was talking about Jauron's record with the Bears. He had one winning season and 4 losing seasons. You are, however, giving him the benefit of the doubt for some reason that I can't comprehend.. If no one gave Vermiel , Marv, BB etc. the benefit of a doubt, they wouldn't be who they were. Don't give me that, they were under a different circumstance then, because Jauron was under a different circumstance with the bears too. It's not so much that I am giving Jauron the benefit of the doubt, but MARV"S decision to go with him. You have a problem with Marv's brain? Oh yea, he's too old, he's got too much white hair, it's been 1000 years since he graduated from taking his masters(in your way of thinking)

It's not an assumption, it's a prediction. I'm predicting, based on past performance, that Price and Jauron will not do well. I'm predicting that Roscoe's size will limit his development. I'm predicting that rookies will struggle because they're rookies. . that's not going out on a limb. Be more specific. I want detailed stat predictions from your gloomy world.

And yes, there's a chance I'm wrong- I'm willing to admit that- but I don't see what's so illogical about those predictions. I never said it was illogical, it's gloomy. You hardly ever say anything positive. It's almost always that the only time you post is to b!tch.

Like I said, even when someone just posted about the positive side about the backgrounds of our draft the first words out of you mouth are "don't get you hopes up". WTF?

I'm still waiting :tap:

OpIv37
06-30-2006, 04:25 PM
If no one gave Vermiel , Marv, BB etc. the benefit of a doubt, they wouldn't be who they were. Don't give me that, they were under a different circumstance then, because Jauron was under a different circumstance with the bears too. It's not so much that I am giving Jauron the benefit of the doubt, but MARV"S decision to go with him. You have a problem with Marv's brain? Oh yea, he's too old, he's got too much white hair, it's been 1000 years since he graduated from taking his masters(in your way of thinking)

that's not going out on a limb. Be more specific. I want detailed stat predictions from your gloomy world.

I never said it was illogical, it's gloomy. You hardly ever say anything positive. It's almost always that the only time you post is to b!tch.

Like I said, even when someone just posted about the positive side about the backgrounds of our draft the first words out of you mouth are "don't get you hopes up". WTF?

I'm still waiting :tap:

why is it that I need to give stat predictions because I'm being "gloomy", but you don't say the same thing to these people who are drooling over Whitner, Price, Nance, etc?

The reason those were the first words out of my mouths is because it doesn't mean **** for this year. You said yourself we're rebuilding- I don't see why it's "gloomy" for me to acknowledge that. This draft **** happens every year- people get all excited about low-round picks and UDFA's and then by opening day, 90% of them have faded into oblivion by either not making the team or being 3rd string and never seeing the field.

But I guess it's "gloomy" to not expect much from 7th round draft picks and UDFA's.

Bling
07-01-2006, 08:15 PM
Nice arguement from 2 smart Bills fans.

ShadowHawk7
07-01-2006, 11:54 PM
do your own research,you tool.stop pestering people with your lack of knowledge.

:snicker2:

justasportsfan
07-02-2006, 09:53 AM
why is it that I need to give stat predictions because I'm being "gloomy", but you don't say the same thing to these people who are drooling over Whitner, Price, Nance, etc?

The reason those were the first words out of my mouths is because it doesn't mean **** for this year. You said yourself we're rebuilding- I don't see why it's "gloomy" for me to acknowledge that. This draft **** happens every year- people get all excited about low-round picks and UDFA's and then by opening day, 90% of them have faded into oblivion by either not making the team or being 3rd string and never seeing the field.

But I guess it's "gloomy" to not expect much from 7th round draft picks and UDFA's.Nobody expects undrafted rookies to really make it but Marv drafted smart hardworking players. You just had to piss on someone's parade by your "don't get your hopes up". Why not? Anything is better than Donahoe, why shouldn't people get their hopes up? No one said those FA's would make probowl but whatever little hope some people have you always have to be a neg. nancy about it.

OpIv37
07-02-2006, 09:58 PM
Nobody expects undrafted rookies to really make it but Marv drafted smart hardworking players. You just had to piss on someone's parade by your "don't get your hopes up". Why not? Anything is better than Donahoe, why shouldn't people get their hopes up? No one said those FA's would make probowl but whatever little hope some people have you always have to be a neg. nancy about it.

Ignorance is bliss- my point exactly. People who expect this team to do well are happier with their faulty assumption than facing the truth.

patmoran2006
07-02-2006, 10:12 PM
you guys are bringing back the glory days of Pat vs Ice before the MODS ruined it!

justasportsfan
07-03-2006, 10:12 AM
Ignorance is bliss- my point exactly. People who expect this team to do well are happier with their faulty assumption than facing the truth. the point you were trying to make was that BZ posters were mostly homers. BTW, what truth is there when a game hasn't been played yet. You seem to know "the TRUTH" which is why I am asking for predictions that you keep RUNNING away from.

You have FAILED to point out where I or anyone here for the most part are predicting playoffs. Just because we don't B1tch and whine constantly like you do, we're being homers and can't see the truth. No one is predicting Parrish will be a probowler but in your mind, he will fail not because he is small (even though there are small players who have made it) but because he is a bill.

Sorry OP , you and I will NEVER see eye to eye and it's not because of our knowledge of football. It's our difference in attitude towards ANYTHING. I don't cry up a storm like you do REPEATEDLY even when someone just mentions the postive side of the draftees.

I too don't see the team doing much this year. We do agree more than you think, the difference is, you're a crybaby that keeps repeating doom and gloom and it's almost like you want everyone to cry along w/ you. Sorry, homey don't that.

OpIv37
07-03-2006, 01:39 PM
the point you were trying to make was that BZ posters were mostly homers. BTW, what truth is there when a game hasn't been played yet. You seem to know "the TRUTH" which is why I am asking for predictions that you keep RUNNING away from.

You have FAILED to point out where I or anyone here for the most part are predicting playoffs. Just because we don't B1tch and whine constantly like you do, we're being homers and can't see the truth. No one is predicting Parrish will be a probowler but in your mind, he will fail not because he is small (even though there are small players who have made it) but because he is a bill.

Sorry OP , you and I will NEVER see eye to eye and it's not because of our knowledge of football. It's our difference in attitude towards ANYTHING. I don't cry up a storm like you do REPEATEDLY even when someone just mentions the postive side of the draftees.

I too don't see the team doing much this year. We do agree more than you think, the difference is, you're a crybaby that keeps repeating doom and gloom and it's almost like you want everyone to cry along w/ you. Sorry, homey don't that.

You may not have said playoffs, but other people have. And since when is one "don't get your hopes up" post in a thread where people are going on and on about how good players are before they even hit the field considered "crying up a storm"?

And the fact that I think Peerless Price will fail has nothing to do with the fact that he's a Bill. It has to do with the fact that he's failed with his last two teams. Unlike some others, I don't expect him to magically do better than he has over the last 3 seasons because he has a blue and red jersey now.

I'm not crying- I'm accepting reality. Other people here only look at the positive and it drives me insane- it's like once a player or coach signs with the Bills, they have no faults. It's incredibly irritating that people can just completely ignore the down sides simply because someone is on their team. Yeah, I'd like to believe we're going to win the Super Bowl every year and every Bills' 6th round draft pick will be the next Tom Brady, but it just doesn't make sense. When I see someone going on about late round draft picks and UDFA's, it just defies all logic and I have to say something.

Once again, why do I need to make predictions but people who are saying Martin Nance will be great don't have to predict his stats? It's a double standard- if someone agrees with your optimistic world view, they're off the hook. But if someone disagrees, suddenly you want predictions.

But if you go back and read my posts, I've predicted no better than 6-10, Whitner will struggle at least early in the season, the OL will be better than last year but still not good enough, the DL will get owned, and Peerless Price won't make the team. What else do you want?

The TRUTH is Dick Jauron has 1 winning season to 4 losing ones and a horrendous overall record as a head coach. The TRUTH is that Marv is 80 and has never been a GM before. The TRUTH is that Peerless Price has failed with two other teams and one of TD's few successes was getting a first round draft pick for him. The TRUTH is that Tim Anderson isn't a starting caliber DT but he's gonna see a lot of time in our system. The TRUTH is that Whitner is a rookie who will require time to adjust to the new system and the speed of the NFL. The TRUTH is that we have new systems on both sides of the ball and a schedule that starts with 3 division games while the players are still learning the system. The TRUTH is that JP is still learning and KH is very limited.

but, I guess I'm being a "crybaby" by refusing to look the other way and ignore all that truth.

justasportsfan
07-03-2006, 09:25 PM
You may not have said playoffs, but other people have. which isn't the majority which makes your statement ........
.This isn't proper BZ logic. You're supposed to say "Well Roscoe's the same size as Steve Smith, and Steve Smith is dominant, therefore, Roscoe Parrish will be dominant too". FALSE!!!

A few doesn't make the entire board homers. This is where your problem is. Majority of the board does NOT think we'llbe making playoffs. Majority of the board realizes that we are rebuilding. So how did you come to the conclusion that the board (you implied) post with a rose colored galsses?

And since when is one "don't get your hopes up" post in a thread where people are going on and on about how good players are before they even hit the field considered "crying up a storm"? It's an exaggeration of what you posted. The thread starter never said these guys are going to be HOF's. He simply stated certain attributes of those undrafted players. The usuall you just can't take it for what it is. A change. You have to spew your negative nancy attitude of the bat. :rolleyes:

And the fact that I think Peerless Price will fail has nothing to do with the fact that he's a Bill. It has to do with the fact that he's failed with his last two teams. Unlike some others, I don't expect him to magically do better than he has over the last 3 seasons because he has a blue and red jersey now. . Nobody here for the most part thnks he'll magically revive his carreer. You on the other hand talk like it's a FACT that he will fail. You've already made your decision . So back it up. Price is going blind "he won't make the team" Big freaking prediction. NOT. Again, it's isn't that he will or will not succeed , the problem was your logic of not giving him a chance under a different circumsatnce. So far, you're all alone in your opinion orthe minority when it comes to giving him a chance.

Once again, why do I need to make predictions but people who are saying Martin Nance will be great don't have to predict his stats? It's a double standard- if someone agrees with your optimistic world view, they're off the hook. But if someone disagrees, suddenly you want predictions.. Because you've already made your decisions. You keep shoving your negativity down our throats. Did you not say that this season will be a DISASTER? I can pull out your post. You already decided Price will fail. So since You know more than we do , tell us your predictions SPECIFICALLY.

Anyone can say it's gonna be a disaster. We're REBUILDING. So why not go out on a limb and be precise instead of just saying "it's gonna be a disaster". Big deal. Anyone can easily say that and come back and say "I was right ,I told you so". Yeah right.

I'm not crying- I'm accepting reality. Other people here only look at the positive and it drives me insane- it's like once a player or coach signs with the Bills, they have no faults. It's incredibly irritating that people can just completely ignore the down sides simply because someone is on their team. Yeah, I'd like to believe we're going to win the Super Bowl every year and every Bills' 6th round draft pick will be the next Tom Brady, but it just doesn't make sense. When I see someone going on about late round draft picks and UDFA's, it just defies all logic and I have to say something. .

So list the homers here who think the can do no wrong. It better be majority of the BZ memebers.

So far the only thing I've noticed is you b!tch more than those who think we can do no wrong , combined.

But if you go back and read my posts, I've predicted no better than 6-10, Whitner will struggle at least early in the season, the OL will be better than last year but still not good enough, the DL will get owned, and Peerless Price won't make the team. What else do you want? . That's a generalized prediction. No big deal. Even Skooby can make those predictions. Tell us something more concrete and detailed. Even I can agree with those predictions only because it' clear and most likely can happen. I just don't keep repeating it like you do. You have a facination for B!tching.

but, I guess I'm being a "crybaby" by refusing to look the other way and ignore all that truth.[/QUOTE]

Don't Panic
07-04-2006, 09:21 AM
interesting to see that some people have Crowell starting over Posey... now I'm not saying Posey is that great but what about if he moved to DE??? I've heard it mentioned once or twice on here but nothing more.... I think he would be good at DE cause he can get a good pass rush and has the speed on the outside.....

If Kelsay falters, I think they definitely should look at that. I remember the article you are referring to... it sounded like a decent idea then and still does now. His size is perfect for the DE spot in this defense. I also think McCargo is starting on opening day. You don't trade up into the first round for a guy at a need position and then not start him.