PDA

View Full Version : Darell Russell

Fatwhite02
02-17-2003, 03:27 PM
The Bills are in need of a stopper in the middle to team with big Pat Williams, and Darell Russell is expected to be reinstated in April and then cut by the raiders. What do you think about offering him a one or two year contract (low base salary but w/ lots of incentives) I know he is damaged goods, but he is a 2-time pro-bowler and is only 26 yrs old.

The_Philster
02-17-2003, 03:28 PM
No...we don't take those types in Buffalo

4thAndLong
02-17-2003, 03:34 PM
He is a great football player...

But he has ALOT of offseason problems and would be suspended atleast 12 games....Not to mention the locker room cancer he'd be.

Ebenezer
02-17-2003, 03:36 PM
pass. :rolleyes:

ublinkwescore
02-17-2003, 04:51 PM
Maybe next offseason - if a team picks him up, and signs him to a one year deal, and if he stays free from off-field controversy, I'd be interested in giving him a chance - IF we are still having Dline trouble.

Tatonka
02-17-2003, 05:54 PM
i would take a chance on him... in a situation that was like stated, a low salary and tons of incentives.

i dont remember him being a cancer in the locker room... just a pothead... oh well.. there are tons of pot heads in the nfl..

what did he do specifically to make him a locker room cancer, other than getting busted for weed? i dont consider getting suspended = locker room cancer.

he is still young as hell. and was a DOMINANT force.. i mean like warren sapp dominant for a while.. tons of players have issues.. and tons of players have worked past them.. if he stays clean and doesnt get himself tossed again, then he is a huge pick up.. if not, then he gets cut and we lose nothing..

i would not think that any team would add him to their roster as a dependable player though.

Š
02-17-2003, 06:07 PM
I think they should go for his other brotheer, Daryll

http://www.bob-newhart.com/images/ldandd.jpg

Bert102176
02-17-2003, 09:39 PM
hell no, don't you dare mention that trash

Tatonka
02-17-2003, 09:48 PM
tell us how you really feel... :rofl:

you must not like the guy in the picture huh? :lol:

Ingtar33
02-17-2003, 09:51 PM
Ignoring his drug problems... Russell is a rapest... why would you want him on our team?

Tatonka
02-17-2003, 09:54 PM
he was convicted or rape??

i was not aware of that.. how is he not in jail?

if this is true, and he was convicted of this, then please strike my prior statements from the records...

ublinkwescore
02-17-2003, 10:08 PM
I don't think he was convicted. In california, a rape conviction carries like a minimum (no parole) 10 year sentence.

A lot of people say that Mike Tyson didn't rape who ever it was that said he raped her. If you're a female, and you can convince a jury that a professional athlete raped you, although you may rob said athlete of a sizable chunk of his life, you can also find yourself set for life if you take said athlete to civil court. I'm sure that the girl that accused Mike Tyson of raping her sued, and because of the conviction in criminal court, got to take a big wet bite out of his bank accounts - Microsoft's lawyers couldn't save Mike Tyson with a conviction in criminal court working against him.

ublinkwescore
02-17-2003, 10:10 PM
At least not out here in California.

Tatonka
02-17-2003, 10:21 PM
ok, so then he is not a rapest? i am confused.. :confused:

Fat Tony
02-17-2003, 10:29 PM
He slipped a girlfreind a mickey- knocked her out then knocked her up- vidoteped it, and let his buddies join in.

I think she eventually dropped the charges after a large $$$ settlement- - but don't quote me on it...

JefftheBillsfan
02-17-2003, 11:08 PM
bastard...

Fatwhite02
02-18-2003, 01:07 PM
I didn't know he was such a loser. I just thought he smoked the occasional dubie. We really don't want him on our team.

Tatonka
02-18-2003, 01:24 PM
does anyone have a link to any of this stuff?

Tatonka
02-18-2003, 11:11 PM
did this date rape thing have anything to do with the kicker.. janaCOWski?

Dozerdog
02-18-2003, 11:26 PM
Janikowski and Russel were not related. Janikowski was in possession of the date rape drug and got busted. No one has ever claimed he used it on anybody

Dozerdog
02-18-2003, 11:29 PM
Rape charges dropped against Raiders' Russell

ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) - Prosecutors dropped their case against Oakland Raiders defensive tackle Darrell Russell on Thursday, claiming they could not prove he videotaped a woman being raped by two of his friends.

The 26-year-old Russell also had been charged with drugging the 28-year-old woman with the "date-rape drug" GHB at a San Francisco night club in January. Russell was accused of holding a video camera and not intervening while his friends raped the woman.

Russell, a two-time Pro Bowler, was charged with 25 felonies as an accomplice in the alleged attack Jan. 31 at the home of one of Russell's teammates, safety Eric Johnson. Police seized a videotape during the search of the home.

Prosecutors said Thursday it was their duty to drop the charges - not because they think Russell is innocent, but because they believe a jury would not convict him.

All charges also were dropped against the friends - Na'eem Perry, 25, and Ali Hayes, 27.

http://www.herald.ns.ca/stories/2002/09/13/p246.raw.html

Ingtar33
02-18-2003, 11:31 PM
hey T,

I really don't remember much about this (the rape thing)... it happened around the Pats-Rams super bowl, and Russell was suspended by the RAIDERS not the NFL (at least initially). Maybe this sight will provide what your looking for...

http://nfl.kffl.com/teams/players/RUSSELLDARRELLOAKDL.shtml

Hello for Indianapolis all, around next week (after going over everything) Ill have something for you about some of the prospects whom the Bills might draft…

Dozerdog
02-18-2003, 11:34 PM
Enjoy the combine in indy- Ingtar!

I got really drunk in that town in my youth- just before the 500- the one where Al Unser Jr won by a hair - in 1992

The Union Station is (or was) a cool place to hang-

Ingtar33
02-18-2003, 11:48 PM
i remember that '500... good race, and yes uni is still here.