Unreal. Why can't the Sabres and Leafs get off their arses and do THIS?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Unreal. Why can't the Sabres and Leafs get off their arses and do THIS?!

A Rangers-Islanders game in frosty Yankee Stadium in December or on New Year's Day? It's a possibility.

Preliminary discussions between NHL and Yankees executives, the two NHL teams, city officials and NBC - which would televise the proposed Jan. 1 regular-season contest between the arch rivals - began last week, according to numerous people with knowledge of the talks

"Everybody likes the idea," said one person. "But there are some obstacles. The question is whether the stadium will be usable at that time of year for that purpose."

The NHL staged the only outdoor game in its history on Nov. 22, 2003, at Edmonton's Commonwealth Stadium, home of the Edmonton Eskimos football team, and wants to recapture that buzz with an outdoor game in the United States between U.S.-based teams. More than 56,000 fans bundled up in near-zero-degree weather - doubling the record for the largest crowd to even watch an NHL game - and saw the Montreal Canadiens edge the Edmonton Oilers 4-3.

Breaking News, data & opinions in business, sports, entertainment, travel, lifestyle, plus much more. Newsday.com is the leading news source for Long Island & NYC.

Islanders can't even put 12,000 people in their arena, and the Ranger fans only show up when the team is 10 games in first place. I guess this is the only way to put fans in the seats. Make it into a big spectacle!!!!!

Sabres and Leafs should do this. It would be a big success!!
  • SkateZilla
    • Dec 2002

Re: Unreal. Why can't the Sabres and Leafs get off their arses and do THIS?!

it will fall through, Yankess Organization will want to much of a Cut out of the deal .. they would be better of trying to get into the Giant's Stadium..
    Skate Zilla
    -----------------------
    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• gannd
      Unofficial Calgary Bills Backers President
      • Sep 2005

Rangers fans won't sit outside. And Islanders fans never show up.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jfreeman
        A Rangers-Islanders game in frosty Yankee Stadium in December or on New Year's Day? It's a possibility.

Preliminary discussions between NHL and Yankees executives, the two NHL teams, city officials and NBC - which would televise the proposed Jan. 1 regular-season contest between the arch rivals - began last week, according to numerous people with knowledge of the talks

"Everybody likes the idea," said one person. "But there are some obstacles. The question is whether the stadium will be usable at that time of year for that purpose."

The NHL staged the only outdoor game in its history on Nov. 22, 2003, at Edmonton's Commonwealth Stadium, home of the Edmonton Eskimos football team, and wants to recapture that buzz with an outdoor game in the United States between U.S.-based teams. More than 56,000 fans bundled up in near-zero-degree weather - doubling the record for the largest crowd to even watch an NHL game - and saw the Montreal Canadiens edge the Edmonton Oilers 4-3.

Breaking News, data & opinions in business, sports, entertainment, travel, lifestyle, plus much more. Newsday.com is the leading news source for Long Island & NYC.

Islanders can't even put 12,000 people in their arena, and the Ranger fans only show up when the team is 10 games in first place. I guess this is the only way to put fans in the seats. Make it into a big spectacle!!!!!

Sabres and Leafs should do this. It would be a big success!!
        In December the BILLS are still playing and the NFL season goes through Jan 1st

Comment

• Bill Brasky
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
          In December the BILLS are still playing and the NFL season goes through Jan 1st
          Dunn Tire Park. Skydome. There are other options than RWS.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

I think it's a great idea...I'd like to see an outdoor game between Buffalo and Toronto.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

The Ralph would sell out for a game like that in January.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                • Aug 2002

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                In December the BILLS are still playing
                And they'll be 8 games out of first place by than.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

Dunn Tire Park. Skydome. There are other options than RWS.

i think Sunset Bay would be a great place.
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                    The Ralph would sell out for a game like that in January.

If the sabres are winning. Sabres fans are fair weather fans.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by billsfanone
                      If the sabres are winning. Sabres fans are fair weather fans.
                      Hey BF1, that's weird, cuz I went to a couple Islander games this past season. I think there were more people inside the old Aud trying to renovate for Bass Pro than at Nassau Colliseum watching the Islanders.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                        • Jul 2002

Hey BF1, that's weird, cuz I went to a couple Islander games this past season. I think there were more people inside the old Aud trying to renovate for Bass Pro than at Nassau Colliseum watching the Islanders.
                        I don't care about the Islanders. I'm talking about the Sabres.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                          • Jan 2004

Exactly. You don't care. Which is why Islander and Ranger fans are fairweather, not Sabres fans.

Comment

• RockStar36
                            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                            • Sep 2004

There was a rumor a few months ago that the Sabres and Leafs could possibly play at RWS. To have that game at Yankee stadium is dumb in my opinion.

D & S Sports

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                              • Jul 2002

Exactly. You don't care. Which is why Islander and Ranger fans are fairweather, not Sabres fans.
                              I don't care and never will. I'm not a hockey fan. I seem to remember a lot of empty seats before Sabres started to do well last season.

Comment

Working...
                              X