Clear All
  • SoCalBillsFan
    Expert on Experts
    • Jul 2002

nice work CP!

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

" A very early and rough estimate would have the Bills as much as $25 million under an estimated 2004 cap of $77 million. "

Even if this isn't likely to happen , are we to say the least in good salary cap condition going into 2004?
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• LouGrant
        The Zone Editor
        • Jul 2002

I would draw that conclusion
        Get into the Zone

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Great work...now get an editor....

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Voltron
            • Jul 2002

What is NLTBE debit??
            Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
            - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
            -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
            - Mark Twain

Comment

• Ed
              • Sep 2002

Roughly 12 million in cap space this year and possibly 25 million in cap space next year? That's scary. So why does everyone think resigning Price would prevent us from having a great D in the future?

Comment

• LouGrant
                The Zone Editor
                • Jul 2002

I beleive thatit's Not likely to be earned Bonus that got earned.

Let's say a player like Brian Moorman has in his contract that if he makes the pro bowl he gets a $100,000 Bonus.

Chances are it's not going to happen but if it does- it counts against the cap. There could be all sorts of stuff, like bonus $$ for Henry getting 13 TDs or hitting 1200 yards....
                Get into the Zone

Comment

• Voltron
                  • Jul 2002

Thanks Lou
                  Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                  - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                  -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                  - Mark Twain

Comment

• LouGrant
                    The Zone Editor
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ed
                    Roughly 12 million in cap space this year and possibly 25 million in cap space next year? That's scary. So why does everyone think resigning Price would prevent us from having a great D in the future?
                    Let's not blow it all like drunk sailors, guys!

Next week we will be unveiling Clump's cap page- and you will be able to see for yourself what each player makes and counts toward the cap. Guys like Henry, Winfield And Clements are near the end of their rookie contracts and I'm sure they want a hefty raise from the $350,00-$500,000 they make now. There are a lot of guys who need to be paid coming up. That $25 Million will be gobbled up quick.
                    Get into the Zone

Comment

• Ed
                      • Sep 2002

I'm not blowing anything out, I just don't understand the arguement that resigning Peerless hurts us financially and prevents us from aquiring help on D. According to Clumps analysis are cap siuation is only going to improve next season which means we shouldn't have any problems resigning our own FA's. Just because players like Henry and Clements are going to be UFA's in 2 or 3 years shouldn't scare us off from resigning players now. As long as we clear up all our dead cap space, I don't see any reason we can't keep all our own players and pick up a couple key FA's here and there.

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

I know some other Bills fan sites that would kill to have this kind of expertise on site.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

TigerJ...trust me...I have called radio stations in Buffalo with the info that Clump and I have and I have been laughed off the air...only to hear a week later, lo and behold, the announcer saying the same thing I said a week before. Zig on 107.7 is the worst; he has zero clue when it comes to the cap. CP is a cap master without an NFL job. I understand it and have done some of the grunt work finding the numbers but he is the real brains behind it. Trust me. Alot of what you hear on local radio would not be there if it were not for people pushing them for info.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

CP
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                              Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Voltron
                              What is NLTBE debit??
                              What's a "cap?"

CP,

Can you run through the 2006 cap situation in detail please...

Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X