PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo's defensive tackles have chance to surprise

The_Philster
06-29-2006, 04:38 AM
During the Buffalo Bills' lengthy offseason, the organization has caught a great deal of heat for having a suspect group of players at the defensive tackle position. However, on paper, the Bills' tackles look capable of stunning those who don't believe they have what it takes. more (http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/06/buffalo-bills-defensivetackles290606.html)

Night Train
06-29-2006, 05:11 AM
During the Buffalo Bills' lengthy offseason, the organization has caught a great deal of heat for having a suspect group of players at the defensive tackle position. However, on paper, the Bills' tackles look capable of stunning those who don't believe they have what it takes. more (http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/06/buffalo-bills-defensivetackles290606.html)

Ron Baskin will dedicate his life to destroying these positive thoughts.

HHURRICANE
06-29-2006, 08:44 AM

There is one problem with this article. It implies that Tim Anderson has some talent. The guy I watched last year got man handled. When did he get so talented?!

ICE74129
06-29-2006, 09:05 AM
Ron Baskin will dedicate his life to destroying these positive thoughts.

Sometimes you need to come back from fantasy land and deal with reality. REALITY is we suck. And did little to improve it this offseason. The bills need to PROVE they don't suck for once. It will be the first time in over 6 years if they can.

justasportsfan
06-29-2006, 09:15 AM
Sometimes you need to come back from fantasy land and deal with reality. REALITY is we suck. And did little to improve it this offseason. .
That wasn't your opinion prior to the draft. :crazy:

djjimkelly
06-29-2006, 09:28 AM
There is one problem with this article. It implies that Tim Anderson has some talent. The guy I watched last year got man handled. When did he get so talented?!

i dont want to be delusional but tim anderson IMO actually played decent the last 4-5 games i thought. is that saying i think hes a solid starter no but i think he can be a solid rotational DT

Night Train
06-29-2006, 09:41 AM
i dont want to be delusional but tim anderson IMO actually played decent the last 4-5 games i thought. is that saying i think hes a solid starter no but i think he can be a solid rotational DT

I thought he turned the corner in that Pats loss at home. He just kept running over G Stephen Neal all day and recorded 7 tackles , constantly getting into the backfield.

He defintely looked like a much improved player the last month.

Meathead
06-29-2006, 10:30 AM
He defintely looked like a much improved player the last month.
i agree and i think hes much much better suited to this style of defense than the latter

still until we see it on the field we wont know how effective these new guys are going to be in this new style

so for now the dline remains the biggest question mark on the team - including qb

goodkarma
06-29-2006, 10:48 AM
so for now the dline remains the biggest question mark on the team - including qb

i don't think the oline is any better than the dline.

Jan Reimers
06-29-2006, 11:05 AM
Sometimes you need to come back from fantasy land and deal with reality. REALITY is we suck. And did little to improve it this offseason. The bills need to PROVE they don't suck for once. It will be the first time in over 6 years if they can.
It's too early to make the judgment that we suck. Levy and Jauron seem to have a plan, and are adding the kind of players to implement the offensive and defensive systems that they think will work. I'm willing to give them a couple of seasons, because it will take some time to recover from the helter-skelter Donahoe era.

ICE74129
06-29-2006, 11:20 AM
It's too early to make the judgment that we suck. Levy and Jauron seem to have a plan, and are adding the kind of players to implement the offensive and defensive systems that they think will work. I'm willing to give them a couple of seasons, because it will take some time to recover from the helter-skelter Donahoe era.

J, here's how it is... we suck. Until we start putting up decent 10-6+ seasons....we suck. We are rightfully considered one of the absolute worst teams in the NFL. the only AFC team to not make the playoffs in the last 6 years???

We suck. Now lets hope this crew can fix it

TacklingDummy
06-29-2006, 11:57 AM
Sometimes you need to come back from fantasy land and deal with reality. REALITY is we suck. And did little to improve it this offseason. The bills need to PROVE they don't suck for once.

Sorta like how I feel about Losman. He sucks until he PROVES otherwise. But you give him a free pass.

But I see what your doing. When Losman sucks this year your gonna blame the rest of the team for sucking. And it wasn't Losman's fault.