PDA

View Full Version : McGahee on Fox

HHURRICANE
06-29-2006, 08:31 AM
Watched McGahee last night on "Best Sports Show blah, blah, blah" He was wearing sunglasses the whole time and said that their new Offensive Coordinator is the real deal.

He said with the new scheme he thinks he can run for over 1500 yards. He also restated that he was the best RB in the league. Then when they asked him about people like LT he kind of retracted and said that LT had the yards to back it up and didn't wan't to get into comparisons.

bigbub2352
06-29-2006, 08:37 AM
U need to believe in your self to be successful and to be the best

McGahee420
06-29-2006, 08:39 AM
Its a good sign that he is getting along with Fairchild and believes in him. Makes me feel better :)

Mitchy moo
06-29-2006, 08:56 AM

I hope he is the best.

ICE74129
06-29-2006, 09:04 AM

What he needs to do is STFU and PROVE it ON THE FIELD! So far he is just another punk that talks a good game.

Kerr
06-29-2006, 09:33 AM
Did he come out the to the song "I wear my sunglasses at night"?

It's good he's confident, but with statements like that, he better hope he proves it.

RockStar36
06-29-2006, 12:26 PM
The only reason he says that he is the best is because he has to believe in himself. Can you imagine how many threads would be started if he went on TV and said "Well, I'm alright but I know that there are many people better than me."

I'm amazed at how people jump on his ass for being confident in himself. Must have nothing else to do in the off-season but ***** everyday.

bigbub2352
06-29-2006, 12:30 PM
I agree rockstar, you have to be confident in order to be successful, Anyone watch the UFC, Ultimate Fighter, every time they interveiw a guy he says he is the best fighter out there, it is the same thing. Willis needs to be cocky they all are

ICE74129
06-29-2006, 12:35 PM
The only reason he says that he is the best is because he has to believe in himself. Can you imagine how many threads would be started if he went on TV and said "Well, I'm alright but I know that there are many people better than me."

I'm amazed at how people jump on his ass for being confident in himself. Must have nothing else to do in the off-season but ***** everyday.

how about I watched Clinton Portis last night on NFLN be very humble, funny and joking, but humble. He talked about how he respects those with a relationship with God, have a family life and don't go out, act stupid and party.

Oh and BTW...he STFU and performes on the field. It might be nice if Willis might do that.

ICE74129
06-29-2006, 12:37 PM
I agree rockstar, you have to be confident in order to be successful, Anyone watch the UFC, Ultimate Fighter, every time they interveiw a guy he says he is the best fighter out there, it is the same thing. Willis needs to be cocky they all are

Willis can't hold the greats jock. He is an AVERAGE back. Funny I never heard payton talk that way, or Barry sanders, Emmitt smith, etc. The differance? They WERE GREAT.

Willis is an average back living off of hype due to an agent and an injury. BTW do you hear Shawn Alexander or LT saying they are the best? No, they go out and SHOW they are the best.

Believeing you are great, and talking **** are two different things.

DraftBoy
06-29-2006, 12:42 PM
how about I watched Clinton Portis last night on NFLN be very humble, funny and joking, but humble. He talked about how he respects those with a relationship with God, have a family life and don't go out, act stupid and party.

Oh and BTW...he STFU and performes on the field. It might be nice if Willis might do that.

How about years ago when Clinton was holding out because he didnt feel he was being payed properly. He was far from humble and very loud in the media about he was worth more money and one of the top backs in the league and deserved to be payed like it.

So why dont we just wait and let the kid grow up a little? ok?

TedMock
06-29-2006, 01:18 PM

Portis is relatively quiet, but he is nothing even close to humble. I live in the DC area, and he also said he's the best RB in the league. They all say that. He is also buddies with Willis. He, Willis, and Edge were at some charity thing hanging out, and giggling the entire time. He also intentionally violates the uniform policy, and asks coach Gibbs on Sunday's if he'll pay the fines. Gibbs laughs about it because Portis is willing to pay, and he's a good team player. He produces which is most important.

I'm not bad-mouthing him at all. Not only can the guy run, but he's an excellent pass blocker. Willis needs to work on that. Just don't think that he's some humble, innocent, bible thumper. That's far from true. They all think they're the best, and they all claim to be working on getting closer to god, blah, blah, blah.

Lexwhat
06-29-2006, 01:39 PM

But JP goes out all the time and parties, talks to females, etc...

JP wasn't humble.

Not saying that makes a difference...I personally think that since they are grown men they can make their own choices whether they wanna party or not.

Since youre so very critical of Willis, I'm willing to make a bet with you. I don't have that many zone bucks but I'd be willing to bet all I have that Willis will have a great season. You don't seem to think so.

Wanna bet?

Lexwhat
06-29-2006, 01:45 PM
I'll say at least 1400 yards and at least 10 rushing TDs.

justasportsfan
06-29-2006, 01:47 PM
Arrogance is what made guys like Dan and Jim great players. Arrogance is what a made a midget overcome his shortcomings (no pun). People like Todd Collins and Rob Johnson failed because they never believed in themselves inspite having all the tools to make it.

RockStar36
06-29-2006, 01:48 PM
I'll bet some zone bucks w/ ICE as well. Back up your words if you are so sure that Willis will suck.

Shasta McNasty
06-29-2006, 02:18 PM

What did Portis say before he got paid?

justasportsfan
06-29-2006, 02:32 PM
ICE getting owned as usual. Won't be long when ya'll will be on his ignore list that he will end up talking to himself.

OpIv37
06-29-2006, 02:36 PM

What's wrong with saying something like "Well, guys like LT and Alexander have better stats than me, but I'm not concerned with that. I know I'm good enough to take this team to the next level and that's all that matters".

You can be confident without being cocky and arrogant. Willis doesn't have to be the best back in the NFL. He just has to be a star on this team. If he gets 1400 yards and 18 TD's but LT gets 1700 yards and 21 TD's, I'm not gonna give a ****.

DraftBoy
06-29-2006, 02:42 PM
What's wrong with saying something like "Well, guys like LT and Alexander have better stats than me, but I'm not concerned with that. I know I'm good enough to take this team to the next level and that's all that matters".

You can be confident without being cocky and arrogant. Willis doesn't have to be the best back in the NFL. He just has to be a star on this team. If he gets 1400 yards and 18 TD's but LT gets 1700 yards and 21 TD's, I'm not gonna give a ****.

If he asks to make more money than LT I damn sure will give two craps about it.

justasportsfan
06-29-2006, 02:51 PM

.those words are too big for him. :mad:

ICE74129
06-29-2006, 02:55 PM
How about years ago when Clinton was holding out because he didnt feel he was being payed properly. He was far from humble and very loud in the media about he was worth more money and one of the top backs in the league and deserved to be payed like it.

So why dont we just wait and let the kid grow up a little? ok?

Better yet, let Willis shut up and BE the best back like Portis was. Portis could back up his claims, Willis can't

ICE74129
06-29-2006, 02:57 PM

Whats wrong with it OP is Willis would have to give more of a damn about his TEAM than he does.

justasportsfan
06-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Better yet, let Willis shut up and BE the best back like Portis was. Portis could back up his claims, Willis can'tPot calling the kettle. You back up your claims that you know better than Marv and Dick and everyone around here w/ "I know so" :coocoo:

DraftBoy
06-29-2006, 03:40 PM
Better yet, let Willis shut up and BE the best back like Portis was. Portis could back up his claims, Willis can't

So wait when Portis made his claims he was far from as good as he is. But yet bc he proved himself now its ok, so why dont you let Willis prove himself??

Gunzlingr
06-29-2006, 03:59 PM

Portis is nowhere near the best back in the league.

ublinkwescore
06-29-2006, 04:53 PM
Portis is nowhere near the best back in the league.

I agree - it's a toss up between LT, Shaun Alexander and maybe Tiki Barber and Larry Johnson

ublinkwescore
06-29-2006, 04:54 PM
Whats wrong with it OP is Willis would have to give more of a damn about his TEAM than he does.

Where did that get players like Andre Reed, Thurman Thomas and Bruce Smith?

G. Host
06-29-2006, 05:53 PM
But JP goes out all the time and parties, talks to females, etc...

JP wasn't humble.

JP == Willis as far as I am concerned. Both are way too far hyped by their backers, both are way overpaid for the results and both are more hope than solution. I hope they do well for the Bills either as starter or backup as I do all Bills.

KMA
06-29-2006, 10:22 PM
Its a good sign that he is getting along with Fairchild and believes in him. Makes me feel better :)

Yeah, too bad Fairchild doesn't play OL.

Lexwhat
06-29-2006, 10:30 PM
JP == Willis as far as I am concerned. Both are way too far hyped by their backers, both are way overpaid for the results and both are more hope than solution. I hope they do well for the Bills either as starter or backup as I do all Bills.

I agree! I'm glad you said so. The only thing I dont like is for some reason, some people will blast Willis for partying and talking to women, when JP does the exact same thing. I have even seen JP do it with my own eyes.

IMO, I just think there needs to be consistency with some people if they support a player or knock a player (for example, this partying thing).

I also hope that both JP and Willis succeed for the sake of the Bills.

Meathead
06-30-2006, 05:47 AM
exactly which midget are we talking about here

ddaryl
06-30-2006, 06:44 AM
Where did that get players like Andre Reed, Thurman Thomas and Bruce Smith?

Andre Reed = Wall of Fame, and should eventually get to the HOF

Thurman Thomas = Wall of Fame, and should be a shoe in for HOF

Bruce smith = Wall of Fame, and a definite HOF

They we're well taken care of during their time in Buffalo, and people of Buffalo loved them. Andre got a raw deal, but he was a UFA at one time and nobody made any real offers for him and the Bills retained him. It's not the Bills fault Andre's contract was up after a major injury.

Bruce was cocky, but he had years of game changing contributions, and Pro-Bowls to back his cocky money grubbing contract demanding self.

Thurman did very well if yo u ask me.

I'll never respect any player on any team in any league that proclaimes themselves the best.

If you are the best, you shouldn't have to say it, ever. People will say it for you, otherwise its obvioulsy not true.

I hope Willis tears it up this year, because his self centered egotisitcal self will pretty much asure that the Bills won't resign him do to his huge salary demands. That's the kind of player WM is IMO.

I don't care about the partying as long as the player can perform, he can smoke pot daily and that wouldn't upset me at all, because MJ is a pathetic reason for suspending anyone for anything. BUT not showing up to at least one OTA when their are new coaches and teamates is a strong indication of the type of character WM is.

JP shows up, that's the sign of a person who cares, and who wants to win in Buffalo IMO. He may not pan out, but I respect him.

jamze132
06-30-2006, 07:51 AM

You are talking about two different people's character. It's obvious that you wish McGahee acted more like Portis but it doesn't necessarily mean the results would change for McGahee.

ICE74129
06-30-2006, 08:18 AM
I agree! I'm glad you said so. The only thing I dont like is for some reason, some people will blast Willis for partying and talking to women, when JP does the exact same thing. I have even seen JP do it with my own eyes.

IMO, I just think there needs to be consistency with some people if they support a player or knock a player (for example, this partying thing).

I also hope that both JP and Willis succeed for the sake of the Bills.

You guys have to be kidding right? Willis and JP are night and day. JP stays here, works his arse off and makes football the priority. Willis runs around Florida, has knocked up two women, looks like a retareded fool on NFLN, and doesn't work out with the team.

One is after the money and has ME Tattooed on his chest, while the other is a team player trying to become the leader of this team.

Night and day.

patmoran2006
06-30-2006, 09:28 AM
lol.. owned AGAIN

X-Era
06-30-2006, 10:51 AM
What he needs to do is STFU and PROVE it ON THE FIELD! So far he is just another punk that talks a good game.

I dont know man. Its one thing to be a classic jerk a.l.a Me-shawn and TO, its another to be confident in yourself.

Is he really TO'ish or is he simply confident that he is a great RB?

I have heard many, many players claim that they are the best at their position, many of these players are mostly modest, NON-loud mouths.

Yes, its even better to be like MJ, or Barry Sanders, but Im not sure I hate players who are simply confident.

What I DO dislike about what I saw from McGahee last year was that he took plays, games off.

The other chink in his armor is that I have yet to see him regain his coillege speed, maybe he never will. Theres plenty of great backs that arent burners, so I can deal with that but he should have enough of the rest of his game to make up for it.