X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

McGahee on Fox

Watched McGahee last night on "Best Sports Show blah, blah, blah" He was wearing sunglasses the whole time and said that their new Offensive Coordinator is the real deal.

He said with the new scheme he thinks he can run for over 1500 yards. He also restated that he was the best RB in the league. Then when they asked him about people like LT he kind of retracted and said that LT had the yards to back it up and didn't wan't to get into comparisons.
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Re: McGahee on Fox

U need to believe in your self to be successful and to be the best
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• McGahee420
      • Jun 2005

Its a good sign that he is getting along with Fairchild and believes in him. Makes me feel better :)

West Virginia Mountaineers- Sugar Bowl Champions!!!!!

The Dick era has begun!

"I just want one before I die"

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by bigbub2352
        I hope he is the best.

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

What he needs to do is STFU and PROVE it ON THE FIELD! So far he is just another punk that talks a good game.

Comment

• Kerr
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Did he come out the to the song "I wear my sunglasses at night"?

It's good he's confident, but with statements like that, he better hope he proves it.

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

The only reason he says that he is the best is because he has to believe in himself. Can you imagine how many threads would be started if he went on TV and said "Well, I'm alright but I know that there are many people better than me."

I'm amazed at how people jump on his ass for being confident in himself. Must have nothing else to do in the off-season but ***** everyday.

D & S Sports

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

I agree rockstar, you have to be confident in order to be successful, Anyone watch the UFC, Ultimate Fighter, every time they interveiw a guy he says he is the best fighter out there, it is the same thing. Willis needs to be cocky they all are
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                  The only reason he says that he is the best is because he has to believe in himself. Can you imagine how many threads would be started if he went on TV and said "Well, I'm alright but I know that there are many people better than me."

I'm amazed at how people jump on his ass for being confident in himself. Must have nothing else to do in the off-season but ***** everyday.
                  how about I watched Clinton Portis last night on NFLN be very humble, funny and joking, but humble. He talked about how he respects those with a relationship with God, have a family life and don't go out, act stupid and party.

Oh and BTW...he STFU and performes on the field. It might be nice if Willis might do that.

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

I agree rockstar, you have to be confident in order to be successful, Anyone watch the UFC, Ultimate Fighter, every time they interveiw a guy he says he is the best fighter out there, it is the same thing. Willis needs to be cocky they all are
                    Willis can't hold the greats jock. He is an AVERAGE back. Funny I never heard payton talk that way, or Barry sanders, Emmitt smith, etc. The differance? They WERE GREAT.

Willis is an average back living off of hype due to an agent and an injury. BTW do you hear Shawn Alexander or LT saying they are the best? No, they go out and SHOW they are the best.

Believeing you are great, and talking **** are two different things.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                      how about I watched Clinton Portis last night on NFLN be very humble, funny and joking, but humble. He talked about how he respects those with a relationship with God, have a family life and don't go out, act stupid and party.

Oh and BTW...he STFU and performes on the field. It might be nice if Willis might do that.

How about years ago when Clinton was holding out because he didnt feel he was being payed properly. He was far from humble and very loud in the media about he was worth more money and one of the top backs in the league and deserved to be payed like it.

So why dont we just wait and let the kid grow up a little? ok?
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• TedMock
                        • Jul 2002

Portis is relatively quiet, but he is nothing even close to humble. I live in the DC area, and he also said he's the best RB in the league. They all say that. He is also buddies with Willis. He, Willis, and Edge were at some charity thing hanging out, and giggling the entire time. He also intentionally violates the uniform policy, and asks coach Gibbs on Sunday's if he'll pay the fines. Gibbs laughs about it because Portis is willing to pay, and he's a good team player. He produces which is most important.

I'm not bad-mouthing him at all. Not only can the guy run, but he's an excellent pass blocker. Willis needs to work on that. Just don't think that he's some humble, innocent, bible thumper. That's far from true. They all think they're the best, and they all claim to be working on getting closer to god, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                          • Feb 2005

But JP goes out all the time and parties, talks to females, etc...

JP wasn't humble.

Not saying that makes a difference...I personally think that since they are grown men they can make their own choices whether they wanna party or not.

Since youre so very critical of Willis, I'm willing to make a bet with you. I don't have that many zone bucks but I'd be willing to bet all I have that Willis will have a great season. You don't seem to think so.

Wanna bet?

Comment

• Lexwhat
                            • Feb 2005

I'll say at least 1400 yards and at least 10 rushing TDs.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Arrogance is what made guys like Dan and Jim great players. Arrogance is what a made a midget overcome his shortcomings (no pun). People like Todd Collins and Rob Johnson failed because they never believed in themselves inspite having all the tools to make it.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X