PDA

View Full Version : On Paper we have a very solid group of prospects Drafted and UDFA...

bigbub2352
06-29-2006, 12:46 PM
If you read up on the guys we drafted as well as didnt draft, it defintly looks like the Bills landed some prospects that could bode well for the future of the franchise, Maybe not this year but in the next couple of years, I am very intrigued with at least 10 players coming out of this year

1. Donte Whitner- could very well be the SS we have been looking for since Henry Jones

2. John McCargo- Could be impact player we have missed since Pat Williams or Jeff Wright

3. Ashton Youboty- Could very well be replacement for Nate if he leaves, or be a solid Nickel CB for us

4. Ko Simpson- could be very solid FS, we have been weak in this area since Kurt Schultz, Troy is ok against pass but not against the run, KO can play both

5. Brad Butler- From what has been said by other draft guru's this guy has starter potential and could be at RT next year if JP is moved to LT also great size and smartz

6. Martin Nance- We will see but i think he is an absolute steal, everything i have read this guy should have been drafted and has been all over the place in OTA's

7. Ryan Neil- was extremely productive and has decent size coming out of college, got one roster spot for this guy and he was productive as a pass rusher and stout against the run in college

8. Jason Hall- had identical numbers do his counter part at Tenn Paris, but was overshadowed by lack of production before his senior year, still played very well in college and has a shot

9. Aaron Merz- Has great size and strength and brains, at very worst could be solid depth at both center and guard, but has what it takes to be an NFL calibar OLineman

10. Chris Denney- with this guy i think his size and hands lands him a spot on the Practice Squad, give him time to develop and u could find yourself a very sold possession receiver.

couple other notables are Eric Bassey CB with blazing speed and good size, Terrace Pennington OT, can play both sides and has good size, Derrick Ming, anothe Practice Squad guy changing positions from LB to FB, and i also like the LB John DiGiorgio alot of production in college might be a ST demon and depth is always needed at LB

TigerJ
06-29-2006, 02:41 PM
Ellington is highly regarded, and in the Tampa 2 his lack of size won't be much of an issue.

BuffaloBillsStampede
06-29-2006, 03:06 PM
we absolutely have something to look forward to in the future. I think Martin Nance may be the steal of the draft when all is said and done.

OpIv37
06-29-2006, 03:10 PM
don't get your hopes up just yet. I think a lot of these guys have potential but it will take them time to develop.

I have a feeling Whitner is going to get lit up like a pinball machine, not due to a lack of talent but because of a lack of a pass rush and inexperience. Terrence McGee has always been a good kick returner for us and he has become an above average cover guy, but he got toasted all the time during his first year as CB.

Mr. Miyagi
06-29-2006, 03:21 PM
If you read up on the guys we drafted as well as didnt draft, it defintly looks like the Bills landed some prospects that could bode well for the future of the franchise, Maybe not this year but in the next couple of years, I am very intrigued with at least 10 players coming out of this year

1. Donte Whitner- could very well be the SS we have been looking for since Henry Jones

2. John McCargo- Could be impact player we have missed since Pat Williams or Jeff Wright

3. Ashton Youboty- Could very well be replacement for Nate if he leaves, or be a solid Nickel CB for us

4. Ko Simpson- could be very solid FS, we have been weak in this area since Kurt Schultz, Troy is ok against pass but not against the run, KO can play both

5. Brad Butler- From what has been said by other draft guru's this guy has starter potential and could be at RT next year if JP is moved to LT also great size and smartz

6. Martin Nance- We will see but i think he is an absolute steal, everything i have read this guy should have been drafted and has been all over the place in OTA's

7. Ryan Neil- was extremely productive and has decent size coming out of college, got one roster spot for this guy and he was productive as a pass rusher and stout against the run in college

8. Jason Hall- had identical numbers do his counter part at Tenn Paris, but was overshadowed by lack of production before his senior year, still played very well in college and has a shot

9. Aaron Merz- Has great size and strength and brains, at very worst could be solid depth at both center and guard, but has what it takes to be an NFL calibar OLineman

10. Chris Denney- with this guy i think his size and hands lands him a spot on the Practice Squad, give him time to develop and u could find yourself a very sold possession receiver.

couple other notables are Eric Bassey CB with blazing speed and good size, Terrace Pennington OT, can play both sides and has good size, Derrick Ming, anothe Practice Squad guy changing positions from LB to FB, and i also like the LB John DiGiorgio alot of production in college might be a ST demon and depth is always needed at LB
You don't like Kyle Williams?

alohabillsfan
06-29-2006, 03:59 PM
I like the direction we are heading. Let's develope young talent and build a TEAM! This is not a 1 year process it takes time. This year our young secondary will gell and we will evaluate both lines. Next year look at DE/LT/RG/ in that order if JP pans out and improves as the season progesses. 8-8 this year would be a terrific start.

ParanoidAndroid
06-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Ellington is highly regarded, and in the Tampa 2 his lack of size won't be much of an issue.

You mean Ellison. :up: He is only 228 and still needs to bulk up a bit.

I like his potential as well, but chances are only a few of these guys will pan out. Maybe we'll actually get lucky this time and most of them will contribute.

I like Hall and Nance the best out of all the undrafted.

Mr. Pink
06-29-2006, 05:05 PM
On paper, 31 other teams can say the same exact thing.

Bulldog
06-29-2006, 08:13 PM
Nance, far and away, will have the greatest impact of any of the UFA. I will be shocked if he doesn't make this roster.

G. Host
06-29-2006, 08:24 PM

Solid nickle maybe but not a replacement for Nate unless he learns to make plays for his career rather than the team or he will not earn Showboat label.

Kurt Shultz was vasting underrated by most fans. His fellow players certainly did and coaches. Gregg Williams tried to woo him out of retirement three times.

Maybe a PS player

Not convinced he can last. Seems fragile.

TigerJ
06-29-2006, 09:22 PM
You mean Ellison. :up: He is only 228 and still needs to bulk up a bit.

I like his potential as well, but chances are only a few of these guys will pan out. Maybe we'll actually get lucky this time and most of them will contribute.

I like Hall and Nance the best out of all the undrafted.

Yeah, that's the guy. Right thought, wrong name.

KMA
06-29-2006, 10:18 PM
don't get your hopes up just yet. I think a lot of these guys have potential but it will take them time to develop.

I have a feeling Whitner is going to get lit up like a pinball machine, not due to a lack of talent but because of a lack of a pass rush and inexperience. Terrence McGee has always been a good kick returner for us and he has become an above average cover guy, but he got toasted all the time during his first year as CB.

Whitner's going to get lit up this year. He's not even 21 yet.

By the time these juniors are capable of playing well, the loss of other key players will have pushed this team backwards.

KMA
06-29-2006, 10:20 PM
I like the direction we are heading. Let's develope young talent and build a TEAM! This is not a 1 year process it takes time. This year our young secondary will gell and we will evaluate both lines. Next year look at DE/LT/RG/ in that order if JP pans out and improves as the season progesses. 8-8 this year would be a terrific start.

Time is a luxury that we don't have. Villarrial, Spikes, Fletcher, Clements are all on the way out for one reason or another.

ublinkwescore
06-29-2006, 10:20 PM
Solid nickle maybe but not a replacement for Nate unless he learns to make plays for his career rather than the team or he will not earn Showboat label.

Kurt Shultz was vasting underrated by most fans. His fellow players certainly did and coaches. Gregg Williams tried to woo him out of retirement three times.

Maybe a PS player

Not convinced he can last. Seems fragile.

Gregg Williams tried to get Schulz out of retirement?

Didn't he retire a Lion?

bigbub2352
06-30-2006, 09:29 AM
Kyle Williams might be a solid backup DT but i dont think he will start with us, kinda like a justin bannan role Ashton Youboty will have a shot at the starting CB in the next three years, Donte Whitner is a phenominal athlete, and he is going to struggle but he is smart so i think the first half of the season will be interesting but after that he will be solid

Night Train
06-30-2006, 10:29 AM

Then I'm glad Williams is gone because Shultz may have been the worst tackler I ever saw.

Making 2 or 3 big hits a season didn't blind me to his numerous shortcomings.

ShadowHawk7
06-30-2006, 11:18 AM
There are a lot of COULDS on that list. No offense, but after every draft we have had we said that the players we got were the final pieces to the puzzle and that they could develop into the next stalwart at that position since (insert last good player at that position).

Look how that turned out for us.

bigbub2352
06-30-2006, 12:40 PM
I never said that they will all pan out the basis of the article is on paper we have alot of prospects with talent the could provide future depth and future starters

T-Nasty24
06-30-2006, 02:02 PM
You don't like Kyle Williams?
Exactly, I think he has tremendous up-side.