PDA

View Full Version : Oiler fans are on crack

Bill Brasky
06-29-2006, 09:51 PM
I am browsing through their boards. Lots of rumors involving them wanting to trade for Biron if they can't lock up Rolly.

They are ripping on Darcy for wanting to rip off people through trades, saying he demands too much in return... then I stumble upon these trade proposals they have come up with:

Staois
Pronger
Jussi

for

Biron
Vanek
Tallinder
the kid that scored in game 7 of the Conference final (Jillson, Janek...what was his name??)
2nd rounder

--------------------

Biron
Vanek/Briere
1st/2nd

For

Pronger
3rd

------------------------

Pronger

for

Biron
Kalinin/Tallinder
Afinogenov/Vanek

--------------------------

Biron
Tallinder
Afinogenov
and a draft pick

for

Prongs
Winchester/Brodziak

I am laughing at all of these :laughing:

Who's trying to rip who off?

qcsabresfan84
06-29-2006, 10:33 PM
all of those are really uneven except for the first one, which i actually really like. It doesn't give up anything of immediate importance other than tallinder and it gives us a backup goalie at backup goalie money, a solid defenseman, and one of the best defenseman in the league.

chubluv
06-29-2006, 11:59 PM
If we could "AFFORD" Pronger I would make the 1st deal in a heartbeat.

ddaryl
06-30-2006, 03:13 AM
Edmonton fans need to realize we are doing them a favor by relieving them of salary cap headaches. They should give us Pronger for a bag of pucks and then thank us for being so kind

SABURZFAN
06-30-2006, 03:24 AM
They should give us Pronger for a bag of pucks and then thank us for being so kind

you may want to throw in a spare tire for their zamboni too.

Bill Brasky
06-30-2006, 03:42 AM
Edmonton fans need to realize we are doing them a favor by relieving them of salary cap headaches. They should give us Pronger for a bag of pucks and then thank us for being so kind

I don't think Pronger can come to Buffalo. There are no hot sports anchor chicks for him to impregnate. I mean, who will he knock up in BUF? Jodi Johnston?

http://www.wgrz.com/assets/talent/jodi40-03.jpg

ddaryl
06-30-2006, 04:07 AM
I don't think Pronger can come to Buffalo. There are no hot sports anchor chicks for him to impregnate. I mean, who will he knock up in BUF? Jodi Johnston?

I'm sure someone has a sister....

j/k

I'd rather we resign McKee though

ILOVEMIBILLS
06-30-2006, 09:30 AM
I don't know...If we could get Pronger for a reasonable price, I might be willing to let McKee go. I like McKee and he is top priority right now, but I think if we can get Pronger then we should do that deal.

ILOVEMIBILLS
06-30-2006, 10:08 AM
I've also seen a lot on their boards about this:

Buffalo Sends:
----------
Biron
Afinogenov

Edmonton Sends:
----------
Pronger

I think that most likely Buffalo would have to include a draft pick in this deal - something like a 2nd or 3rd, but I don't think I would be opposed to that or the deal above.

SABURZFAN
06-30-2006, 11:17 AM
I've also seen a lot on their boards about this:

Buffalo Sends:
----------
Biron
Afinogenov

Edmonton Sends:
----------
Pronger

I think that most likely Buffalo would have to include a draft pick in this deal - something like a 2nd or 3rd, but I don't think I would be opposed to that or the deal above.

with pronger's price tag,they should be sending us a draft pick.

don137
06-30-2006, 12:09 PM
As much as I would love Pronger working the blue line I just do not see how the Sabres could afford his salary without having to let others go and that would mess too much with the team chemistry. The team is already in a bind just trying to sign all there players let alone bring in a player with a very high price tag. Maybe in playstation we can do the trade but in the real world I just do not see it happening.

Bill Brasky
06-30-2006, 02:29 PM
No way we give up 2 players + a pick for Pronger. NO WAY!