PDA

View Full Version : If they really found the Ark, The Bills can win the Superbowl this year!!

Mitchy moo
06-30-2006, 07:48 AM
I have been talking to many of you for a while now. I have never felt quite like this before and really feel that something is about to change for the better for our team. Why I cannot explain but they believe they found:

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/has-noahs-ark-been-found/20060629173309990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

NOAH's Ark!

I now believe anything can happen and it probably will, so I plan on it being good until God tells me different. I suggest you live in a similiar way, plan on good things happening. God bless you all and have a safe 4th of July.

jamze132
06-30-2006, 08:33 AM
So you believe all the hoopla about them finding THE Arc?

If it can win us a couple of games this year, then so be it.

OpIv37
06-30-2006, 08:37 AM
I'm sorry, but I fail to see the connection between an archaeological find and the Bills.

BTW, the Ark story is from approximately 3500 years ago, and the Ark was made of wood. Some of the 10-year old wood (treated with modern chemicals and stained) on my deck has rotted to the point where it's almost disintegrated. After 3500 years, how could there possibly be anything left, or at least enough left for them to figure out what it is?

ICE74129
06-30-2006, 09:05 AM
I'm sorry, but I fail to see the connection between an archaeological find and the Bills.

BTW, the Ark story is from approximately 3500 years ago, and the Ark was made of wood. Some of the 10-year old wood (treated with modern chemicals and stained) on my deck has rotted to the point where it's almost disintegrated. After 3500 years, how could there possibly be anything left, or at least enough left for them to figure out what it is?

Chemestry

HHURRICANE
06-30-2006, 09:18 AM
NOAH's Ark!

I now believe anything can happen and it probably will, so I plan on it being good until God tells me different. I suggest you live in a similiar way, plan on good things happening. God bless you all and have a safe 4th of July.

If the story helps you make a connection with God than all the power to you. I pray that the good people of Buffalo get a Chamionship, NHL or NFL.

We certainly have waited long enough.

Mitchy moo
06-30-2006, 09:21 AM
If the story helps you make a connection with God than all the power to you. I pray that the good people of Buffalo get a Chamionship, NHL or NFL.

We certainly have waited long enough.

I'm with you! :bandwagon

bigbub2352
06-30-2006, 09:34 AM
Something has got to give, it has been a long long long long long time

ICE74129
06-30-2006, 10:13 AM
I don't know the Bucs suffered for years as have the Cards, then the Bungles suffered etc.

Notice that the other cheap owner (bungles) is the only one to back Ralph. Amazing huh?

You gotta pay for a good GM, good coaches and good players to make the playoffs.

Or just hire Scott Pioli and Billy B from New England :dance:

X-Era
06-30-2006, 10:44 AM
So you believe all the hoopla about them finding THE Arc?

If it can win us a couple of games this year, then so be it.

In a related story, Jamie Nails has been found jutting out of a Burger King doorway

ublinkwescore
06-30-2006, 11:03 AM
Chemestry

You mean chemistry right?

Mitchy moo
06-30-2006, 11:07 AM
You mean chemistry right?

huummm,

chem·is·try (khttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/ebreve.gifmhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.gifhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/ibreve.gif-strhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/emacr.gif)
n. Abbr. chem. 1. The science of the composition, structure, properties, and reactions of matter, especially of atomic and molecular systems.
2. The composition, structure, properties, and reactions of a substance.

Meathead
06-30-2006, 11:23 AM
"I can't imagine what it could be if it is not the Ark," said Arch Bonnema of the Bible Archaeology Search and Exploration (B.A.S.E) Institute, a Christian archeology organization dedicated to looking for biblical artifacts.
nope no potential for bias there it must be the ark

Gunzlingr
06-30-2006, 11:35 AM
I heard that Ralph has the Ark of the Covenant in his attic. Maybe that will be more useful aiding our cause.

ICE74129
06-30-2006, 11:38 AM
I heard that Ralph has the Ark of the Covenant in his attic. Maybe that will be more useful aiding our cause.

He is too cheap to use it

TigerJ
06-30-2006, 11:53 AM

I don't know about his attic, but they should have just asked him where it was. I'm sure he remembers.

On a more serious note, it might or might not be the genuine article, but It will not guarrantee a thing on the field for the Bills.

bledslow
06-30-2006, 12:43 PM
Noahs ark never existed ppl. Lets use a little common sense.This man noah(who i would bet also never existed) built a boat by hand the size of a air craft carrier by himself. he must of had some serious carpenter and engineering skills, im calling major bs here.. People should call the bible by its real name,THE ORIGINAL BOOK OF SCIENCE FICTION. All those over the top BS science fiction stories that are in the bible could not have been written any better by stephen king himself.

bills will go 4-12 this year,and it's not because of this science fiction boat that never existed,it's because they have a weak defense and even weaker offense.But have the potential to finish second if holcomb starts(a real leader like kelly makes that much of a difference).

OpIv37
06-30-2006, 12:49 PM
Noahs ark never existed ppl. Lets use a little common sense.This man noah(who i would bet also never existed) built a boat by hand the size of a air craft carrier by himself. he must of had some serious carpenter and engineering skills, im calling major bs here.. People should call the bible by its real name,THE ORIGINAL BOOK OF SCIENCE FICTION. All those over the top BS science fiction stories that are in the bible could not have been written any better by stephen king himself.

bills will go 4-12 this year,and it's not because of this science fiction boat that never existed,it's because they have a weak defense and even weaker offense.But have the potential to finish second if holcomb starts(a real leader like kelly makes that much of a difference).

weak offense? We've got Peerless Price and A-Train! No weakness there!

ICE74129
06-30-2006, 12:56 PM

LMAO you are one of those I am going to be sitting there LMAO at as GOD sends your butt square to the lake of fire while you are screaming 'But but but...'

ICE74129
06-30-2006, 12:58 PM
weak offense? We've got Peerless Price and A-Train! No weakness there!

dont' forget our bet

OpIv37
06-30-2006, 01:17 PM
dont' forget our bet

don't worry, I won't.

ublinkwescore
06-30-2006, 01:32 PM

I don't know whether to groan or thank this post...

ublinkwescore
06-30-2006, 01:33 PM
but when in doubt - GROAN!!!

Meathead
06-30-2006, 04:25 PM
lmao

ive been trying to figure out why ur in the red u aint so bad

now i know lol

TigerJ
06-30-2006, 05:13 PM

I think the Bills final record this season will be in the range of 6-10 to 8-8, though there is an outside chance that everything clicks for JP Losman to to point were he could pull off a 9-7. As for Noah, he did not do it alone. He had three sons, his own wife and for at least part of the time, three daughters in law. He also had a long time to work on it, but then you won't believe that either.

gannd
06-30-2006, 06:06 PM
Wow, 13000 feet high. Now I want to see that rain fall at 216 feet per day. Kinda makes the crappy stuff going on in the east coast kinda small potatoes.

edit: that works out to 9 feet per hour. Now thats rain!

jamze132
06-30-2006, 08:04 PM

What the bible failed to mention was that Moses was the first to use Thompson's Water Sealer.

TigerJ
06-30-2006, 09:46 PM

The conditions where the wood was has everything to do with how long it can last. Somewhere around 17 years ago when drought conditions caused the level of the Sea of Gallilee to drop (in Israel), acheologists found in the revealed mud flats a boat. It was tested and dated and found to be roughly 2000 years old. The wood was the consistency of a sponge, but the boat was carefully moved to a special tank at a kibbutz where the mud was gently flushed away, then the water in the tank was replaced with a polymer solution. The boat was still in the polymer solution when I went to Israel in 1991, but I'm sure by now it has been removed from the tank and is on display. It is probably a fishing boat of the type from which Jesus called Peter, Andrew, James and John to follow him. Though it is possible that Jesus was actually on this very boat, there's no indication to that effect. It was very much a boat of that era.

If this alleged ark was found high up in the mountains, it may have been in an area that was always cold, below freezing and maybe snow covered a lot of the time. As in the case of wooly mamoths pulled from the ice in Siberia, the cold very well have been enough of a preservative to keep the wood from disintigrating to nothing.

HHURRICANE
06-30-2006, 09:59 PM

Ouch!!. Uhhh the Pyramids look pretty unvbelievable as well but they are there.

I was like you a number of years ago. I lost my dad when I was 15 in a plane crash. He was 39 and the most decent guy you would ever meet. Anyway it made me a cynic until one day it all clicked and I understood the word of Jesus. I'm not a holy roller, but there is a god. Trust me. God is there if you open your heart to it.

jmb1099
07-01-2006, 06:22 AM
Ok a few thoughts
1) Skoob I can see what you're saying about anything being possible and all and in the spirit of hopefulness I am right there with you concerning the Bills. Realism says there are some major hurdles to clear but I still hope for good things.
2) The Ark: Always interesting to see where people land when it comes to the topic of God and faith. Someone mentioned that Noah must have been a seriously skilled carpenter and that is true, he also had divine help throughout the experience including direction, the gathering of the animals, and the closing of the massive door. It isn't unreasonable to assume than that he had divine intervention throughout the building experience as well. Perhaps divine strength or endurance or any number of helps.
As to weather or not the Ark could be preserved or not: as has already been mentioned with the proper conditions anything can be preserved. It has been mentioned in this thread that the Bible is a work of science fiction and that the potential discovery might be tainted because the archeologists are christians so let me offer this thought: If other objects can be preserved over thousands of years than why not the Ark? If pagan, heathen, or secular researchers and archeologists can make discoveries with unquestioned credibility than why not christian researchers and archeologists?

jmb1099
07-01-2006, 06:25 AM
Wow, 13000 feet high. Now I want to see that rain fall at 216 feet per day. Kinda makes the crappy stuff going on in the east coast kinda small potatoes.

edit: that works out to 9 feet per hour. Now thats rain!

Wasn't just rain, other flooding occured.
Title: The Holy Bible, New Living Translation
Edition: Second
Copyright: Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. All rights reserved.
Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers
Publisher Location: Wheaton, Illinois 60189

Genesis 7:11
When Noah was 600 years old, on the seventeenth day of the second month, the underground waters burst forth on the earth, and the rain fell in mighty torrents from the sky.

Genesis 7:12
The rain continued to fall for forty days and forty nights.

Mitchy moo
07-01-2006, 08:32 AM
Ouch!!. Uhhh the Pyramids look pretty unvbelievable as well but they are there.

I was like you a number of years ago. I lost my dad when I was 15 in a plane crash. He was 39 and the most decent guy you would ever meet. Anyway it made me a cynic until one day it all clicked and I understood the word of Jesus. I'm not a holy roller, but there is a god. Trust me. God is there if you open your heart to it.

Wow, I am sorry to hear that HH. God bless you and your family and to all a great holiday weekend.

Mitchy moo
07-01-2006, 08:34 AM
Wasn't just rain, other flooding occured.
Copyright: Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. All rights reserved.

Genesis 7:11
When Noah was 600 years old, on the seventeenth day of the second month, the underground waters burst forth on the earth, and the rain fell in mighty torrents from the sky.

Genesis 7:12
The rain continued to fall for forty days and forty nights.

Being 600 years old usually gives you time to prepare, if you know what I mean.

Don't Panic
07-01-2006, 09:29 AM
TigerJ's sig says it all.... half this crowd has made up it's mind, the other half won't let itself forget those pesky things called "facts". I personally love the omnibenevolent God who will make me burn eternally. By the way, pyrmaids were made of stone (not wood) and were put together by thousands upon thousands of slave workers, not 4 guys and their wives.

jmb1099
07-01-2006, 11:18 AM
TigerJ's sig says it all.... half this crowd has made up it's mind, the other half won't let itself forget those pesky things called "facts". I personally love the omnibenevolent God who will make me burn eternally. By the way, pyrmaids were made of stone (not wood) and were put together by thousands upon thousands of slave workers, not 4 guys and their wives.
God won't make anyone burn, we each get to make that choice for our eternity. But even that won't help the bills record one way or the other.

jamze132
07-01-2006, 11:27 AM
I still say Moses had Thompson's Water Sealer.

On a side note... When did the dinosaurs become extinct and where they around for Moses to put on the boat? Or did they exist? So many questions remained unanswered.

jmb1099
07-01-2006, 03:21 PM
I would love if we had dinosaurs for our lines lol!
Lots of questions to be sure. In a way Moses did have Thompson's Water Sealer:

Genesis 6:14
“Make a boat ◙ from resinous wood and seal it with tar, inside and out. Then construct decks and stalls throughout its interior.

Meathead
07-01-2006, 09:11 PM
im pretty convinced there was some dude who was kinda crazy and totally certain it was going to rain big time so he made his lifes work this humongous boat and put as many animals as he could find on it cuz that was basically money back then and damn if it didnt rain like mad and create massive floods and kill a whole bunch of people and he ended up the only dude left alive for many miles and with all those animals and so they made him a legend and then embellished the story like mad until it ended up god and two of everything and all that jazz

cool story but just a stooooory

Meathead
07-01-2006, 09:16 PM
so yeah there probably is an ark there, i remember them reporting on other potential ark findings on mt ararat several times, that doesnt mean god and two by two and cubits and blah blah blah

jmb1099
07-01-2006, 10:00 PM
so yeah there probably is an ark there, i remember them reporting on other potential ark findings on mt ararat several times, that doesnt mean god and two by two and cubits and blah blah blah
As always I respect others opinions about this stuff. Religion is a touchy thing and we all too often get caught up in trying to be right while making others wrong. Instead of thinking religion think relationship with God made possible through Jesus. Instead of rules and regulations think grace and mercy. Anyway the Ark, no matter how you may view it, is an exciting discovery for many people of many cultures. As far as I'm concerned so would a Bills SB win!

socalfan
07-01-2006, 11:37 PM

I'm absolutely sure you haven't read it, so then how is it you came to this conclusion? It works this way.....first you read it then you form an opinion about it.

Mitchy moo
07-02-2006, 01:05 AM
I'm absolutely sure you haven't read it, so then how is it you came to this conclusion? It works this way.....first you read it then you form an opinion about it.

No that would take too long. Just read the cliff notes and form an opinion like everyone else.

BillsNick
07-02-2006, 10:10 AM
I have been talking to many of you for a while now. I have never felt quite like this before and really feel that something is about to change for the better for our team. Why I cannot explain but they believe they found:

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/has-noahs-ark-been-found/20060629173309990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

NOAH's Ark!

You're crack problem is getting worse. We need to have an intervention, Skooby. Put down the pipe, man. Please. Just put it down.

Mitchy moo
07-02-2006, 10:15 AM
You're crack problem is getting worse. We need to have an intervention, Skooby. Put down the pipe, man. Please. Just put it down.

LOL.:rrich: