PDA

View Full Version : Ward Released

T-Nasty24
06-30-2006, 05:03 PM
Can't really say this move comes as a shocker. He wasn't a strong candidate to begin with. He had some physical ability but the time he has spent between receiver and cornerback hasn't allowed him to develop enough to be a consistent and effective player at this level. That brings the number of corners on the roster down to 8.
It also brings the number of roster players that count (NFL Europe players are exempt as are unsigned draft picks) to 74, meaning up to six of Buffalo's draft picks can sign before a roster move would have to be made.

SULLIVAN ARRESTED: Well I thought Sullivan being acquired by the Patriots was a good move, considering he had fellow Georgia alum and Pro Bowl DT Richard Seymour to take him under his wing. Apparently training camp didn't come soon enough for that to happen as Sullivan was arrested for marijuana possession and some minor traffic violations.
This is where the player's character comes into play, and probably explains why the Bills didn't even think of pursuing him.
http://buffalobills.com/blog/?blogger_id=1

TigerJ
06-30-2006, 05:07 PM
That's "Ward" as in LaShaun Ward, a lightly regarded candidate for DB (translation - camp fodder") and not Mark Word a 30 year old DE who has good size, quickness and is in the mix for the 4th defensive end slot. He's still with the team

T-Nasty24
06-30-2006, 05:09 PM
That's "Ward" as in LaShaun Ward, a lightly regarded candidate for DB (translation - camp fodder") and not Mark Word a 30 year old DE who has good size, quickness and is in the mix for the 4th defensive end slot. He's still with the team
I realized I ****ed up after I posted, can someone change the thread title?

Goobylal
06-30-2006, 05:15 PM
Phew! I also thought it was Mark Word, but realized after it was an innocent typo.

T-Nasty24
06-30-2006, 05:19 PM
Phew! I also thought it was Mark Word, but realized after it was an innocent typo.
Sorry!

shelby
06-30-2006, 05:32 PM
I realized I ****ed up after I posted, can someone change the thread title?
Done. :up:

!Papacrunk!
06-30-2006, 06:38 PM
lol, I'm surprised it took this long to post about the Patriots mini-snafu

Meathead
07-01-2006, 06:52 AM
word

Michael82
07-01-2006, 11:14 AM
lol, I'm surprised it took this long to post about the Patriots mini-snafu
:snicker:

ublinkwescore
07-01-2006, 12:29 PM
I was hoping (unrealistically, I know) it was Hines Ward - I was gonna say let's cut Peerless and Davis and go after this guy. NOW!!!

SABURZFAN
07-01-2006, 03:12 PM
why is it not surprising that the FISH are interested in a troubled player?(brooks)

ublinkwescore
07-01-2006, 05:21 PM
it's good for national exposure.