PDA

View Full Version : Everybody calm down...it's not that bad.

Nighthawk
06-30-2006, 06:41 PM
I see that everybody is very upset with the new logo and I agree it wasn't what I expected. I love the new colors, but I'm not a hater of the logo. I think the uproar that is all over Buffalo is because many of us had preconceived ideas that the Sabres were going back to some sort of variation of the old crossed sabres logo, which obvious wasn't true. In reality, it's our own fault that we are so disappointed in the logo. However, I was surfing around the net last night and happened upon another logo message board and many of the people outside of Buffalo (who didn't know or expect the Sabres to change back to the old crest) actually think the new logo is pretty sweet. So, I think we all should wait until the jerseys are unveiled to see what the design looks like with the logo. Who knows, they may be better than what we were expecting.

Philagape
07-01-2006, 09:32 AM
It sucks.

The_Philster
07-01-2006, 09:33 AM
It sucks.
to say the least :ill:

Philagape
07-01-2006, 09:39 AM
I'm generally not a critical person when it comes to uniforms. I was OK with the new Bills and new Sabres years ago. They're not what I would have done, but my loyalty outweighed my preferences.

But this .....

It's just embarassing. It completely misrepresents the animal and the city. Buffaloes charge; they do not fly. They are not disembodied spirits. They are not cartoons. Buffaloes are powerful beasts, and this does not capture that at all.

This better not be the final version.

Michael82
07-01-2006, 09:53 AM
I see that everybody is very upset with the new logo and I agree it wasn't what I expected. I love the new colors, but I'm not a hater of the logo. I think the uproar that is all over Buffalo is because many of us had preconceived ideas that the Sabres were going back to some sort of variation of the old crossed sabres logo, which obvious wasn't true. In reality, it's our own fault that we are so disappointed in the logo. However, I was surfing around the net last night and happened upon another logo message board and many of the people outside of Buffalo (who didn't know or expect the Sabres to change back to the old crest) actually think the new logo is pretty sweet. So, I think we all should wait until the jerseys are unveiled to see what the design looks like with the logo. Who knows, they may be better than what we were expecting.
what site are you talking about? I was at a main logo site and the majority of the people thought it sucked.

Michael82
07-01-2006, 09:54 AM
I'm generally not a critical person when it comes to uniforms. I was OK with the new Bills and new Sabres years ago. They're not what I would have done, but my loyalty outweighed my preferences.

But this .....

It's just embarassing. It completely misrepresents the animal and the city. Buffaloes charge; they do not fly. They are not disembodied spirits. They are not cartoons. Buffaloes are powerful beasts, and this does not capture that at all.

This better not be the final version.
:bf1:

chernobylwraiths
07-01-2006, 09:54 AM
I liked it when they actually used the swords as part of the logo, and not that stupid B they use as a secondary one. I wouldn't mind even those cartoonish looking ones from the third jersey. I hope this logo dies a quick death.

Michael82
07-01-2006, 10:29 AM
I liked it when they actually used the swords as part of the logo, and not that stupid B they use as a secondary one. I wouldn't mind even those cartoonish looking ones from the third jersey. I hope this logo dies a quick death.
I hope the Sabres get the same inspiration from the negative backlash that the Bills got from their "B" logo. :pray:

JD
07-01-2006, 10:40 AM
Everyone, please... remove the sand from your ******.

The logo isnt all that bad, and I'm sure when they put it down on a jersey or when you see a player wear it you'll bust a nut and go buy one. So quit *****ing, theres nothing you can do. It is what it is. Our team will prevail with or without these jerseys.

Michael82
07-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Everyone, please... remove the sand from your ******.

The logo isnt all that bad, and I'm sure when they put it down on a jersey or when you see a player wear it you'll bust a nut and go buy one. So quit *****ing, theres nothing you can do. It is what it is. Our team will prevail with or without these jerseys.
We have the right to ***** and ***** we shall. Just like we *****ed to gallore over that horrible "B" logo for the Bills. We'll do the same thing with this and hopefully get them to wisen up. They have until September. :pray:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-01-2006, 11:57 AM
you know what they say "Can't fight city hall"!!! :laughing:

Philagape
07-01-2006, 01:14 PM
Remember the rea$on why any $port$ team change$ uniform$

If we make enough noi$e, it'll hit em where it hurt$

Michael82
07-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Remember the rea$on why any $port$ team change$ uniform$

If we make enough noi$e, it'll hit em where it hurt$
EXACTLY! If the fans speak up enough, they will scrap the idea because they will realize that their jersey/merch sales will not do good with that ****ty logo.