PDA

View Full Version : Jaworski talks X's, O's with Losman

The_Philster
07-01-2006, 08:59 AM
After being courted by The NFL Network, Ron Jaworski plans to re-sign with ESPN for the next three NFL seasons.
"I was very impressed [by Losman] with how he handled the intelligence side of the game," said Jaworski, who had heard the criticism that Losman didn't have the football smarts for the position. "He answered everything pretty much right. I'm very confident he'll have a good year. I think he'll be the [Bills] quarterback."
Jaworski also was impressed that Losman took responsibility for his play last season and didn't blame anyone else. more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060701/1023038.asp)

ICE74129
07-01-2006, 09:57 AM
Outstanding article! The kid is doing EVERY THING HE CAN to be a success and help this team win.

He is our QB, Deal with it!

PromoTheRobot
07-01-2006, 10:15 AM
Isn't Jaws one of the guys who crapped on JP and said all the bad stuff about him? Way to go, Ron "wethaervane" Jaworski!

PTR

TacklingDummy
07-01-2006, 11:00 AM
"I was very impressed [by Losman] with how he handled the intelligence side of the game," said Jaworski,

I'd rather have a QB that can handle the on the field side of the game.

CommissarSpartacus
07-01-2006, 11:01 AM
But what about the criticism that Losman may be too short to be an NFL quarterback?

"I played with Pat Haden," Jaworski said. "I say that with love."

Too short?

WTF is that?

Yasgur's Farm
07-01-2006, 11:07 AM
Isn't Jaws one of the guys who crapped on JP and said all the bad stuff about him? Way to go, Ron "wethaervane" Jaworski!

PTRObviously he's seen something that caused him to change his mind. Maybe you should have another peek yourself.

jamze132
07-01-2006, 11:20 AM
Even outsiders are finally warming up to the idea that JP might actually be a decent QB in the NFL.

Can we bring back the "Amigos"?

ICE74129
07-01-2006, 11:40 AM

PTR

Are you serious? He is THE Guy that said he was better than Eli!! He pointed out that JP did BETTER than Eli at their pro day etc. He has been behind JP most of the time, esp after just coming out!

JJamezz
07-01-2006, 12:22 PM
I do love how in the midst of praise, they have to throw another nugget of garbage out there and see if it will stick...

But what about the criticism that Losman may be too short to be an NFL quarterback?

:rolleyes:

Not only have I never heard that before (which begs the question, WHAT criticism?!), but the guy is 6'2", not 5'9"... like another formerly retired QB we know.

ublinkwescore
07-01-2006, 12:24 PM

PTR

I can't remember Jaws every saying anything bad about Losman.

Philagape
07-01-2006, 01:30 PM
Every single article I've seen this offseason about JP -- articles that actually describe what he's been doing instead of ignorant opinions -- has been positive.

Captain Obvious
07-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Theres criticism in NFL circles that JP is too short? WTF? Hes the same height (6'2)as Joe Montana and Brett Favre.

don137
07-01-2006, 01:48 PM
Obviously no one can say for certain how/ if JP will grow on the field but his off field actions and demeanor are definitely a big positive. He is doing and saying the right things. Lets hope he matures on the field.

YardRat
07-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Obviously no one can say for certain how/ if JP will grow

He's in his mid-twenties. I'm pretty confident that I can say for certain that he isn't going to get any taller than 6'2".

ICE74129
07-01-2006, 02:45 PM
I do love how in the midst of praise, they have to throw another nugget of garbage out there and see if it will stick...

:rolleyes:

Not only have I never heard that before (which begs the question, WHAT criticism?!), but the guy is 6'2", not 5'9"... like another formerly retired QB we know.

VDUB!!! LMAO I downloaded all 3 of those.

TacklingDummy
07-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Are you serious? He is THE Guy that said he was better than Eli!! He pointed out that JP did BETTER than Eli at their pro day etc. He has been behind JP most of the time, esp after just coming out!

I'd rather have Eli.

And practice means? Who's done better on the field during games? Enough said.

ublinkwescore
07-01-2006, 02:51 PM
And who, despite that, simply will not take us ANYWHERE?

TacklingDummy
07-01-2006, 03:12 PM
And who, despite that, simply will not take us ANYWHERE?

Losman?

G. Host
07-01-2006, 04:05 PM
He's in his mid-twenties. I'm pretty confident that I can say for certain that he isn't going to get any taller than 6'2".

I actually grew an half inch since I got married in 1988 so that is not as absolute as you think. People have also been known to grow some after broken legs.
As with many football players his heght is probably rounded up or exagerated.

HHURRICANE
07-01-2006, 04:28 PM
I'd rather have Eli.

Funny how Eli got a whole year to stink as the starter. You are a huge hypocrit!!

T-Nasty24
07-01-2006, 05:02 PM
I actually grew an half inch since I got married in 1988 so that is not as absolute as you think. People have also been known to grow some after broken legs.
I destroyed my knee when I was 12 (Tore ACL, PCL, broke most of the bones, and had to have total reconstructive surgery (12 ****ing hours)) and it don't stop me from growing?

Drive 4 Five
07-01-2006, 06:07 PM
So much for the notion that J.P. is unintelligent. Hard work pays off and everything I have ever read about J.P. Losman is that he is an extremely hard worker and I have never wavered from my belief that he will steal the show this summer.

JPD!!! JPD!!! JPD!!! JPD!!!

ICE74129
07-01-2006, 06:19 PM
So much for the notion that J.P. is unintelligent. Hard work pays off and everything I have ever read about J.P. Losman is that he is an extremely hard worker and I have never wavered from my belief that he will steal the show this summer.

JPD!!! JPD!!! JPD!!! JPD!!!

And him going out on his own, asking his agent to set it up with Jaws to work with him extra...THAT is what being a leader and a QB is about.

Win, Fail, No matter what even the stupidest dummy's have to give the kid a hell of alot of respect and credit for giving it all he has to be the best he can be.

Now, if marv and DJ would quit screwing with him and give him a full season...I bet we see all this hard work pay off!

If not...I bet the kid leaves or gets cut/ Traded somewhere else and becomes a hell of a QB.

Sportsuser101
07-01-2006, 07:23 PM

PTR

He rated Losman as the best QB in the draft that year. Said nothing but great things about him. What he's said since then I'm not sure.

Drive 4 Five
07-01-2006, 08:26 PM
He rated Losman as the best QB in the draft that year. Said nothing but great things about him. What he's said since then I'm not sure.

Now I don't remember Jaws going that far. I am not trying to argue with you but I believe it was "Big" Ben Roethlosthisburger that Jaws said was the best. He did say that Losman was by far the most athletic of the three.

Now let us pray that J.P. never decides to get on a motorcycle.

:oops:

Drive 4 Five
07-01-2006, 08:28 PM
And him going out on his own, asking his agent to set it up with Jaws to work with him extra...THAT is what being a leader and a QB is about.

Win, Fail, No matter what even the stupidest dummy's have to give the kid a hell of alot of respect and credit for giving it all he has to be the best he can be.

Now, if marv and DJ would quit screwing with him and give him a full season...I bet we see all this hard work pay off!

If not...I bet the kid leaves or gets cut/ Traded somewhere else and becomes a hell of a QB.

Don't worry buddy, contrary to popular belief, Levy is no fool. If Losman can win the job in camp, and we know he is going to, they will stick with their young QB come hell or high water.

TacklingDummy
07-01-2006, 08:41 PM
Funny how Eli got a whole year to stink as the starter. You are a huge hypocrit!!

He did? That's funny I seem to remember Eli playing around 8 games his rookie year. Losman played around 8 games his 2nd year.

TacklingDummy
07-01-2006, 08:46 PM
He did say that Losman was by far the most athletic of the three.

"J.P. has some talent. Obviously, he was a first-round pick and he showed arm strength and all sorts of good things...
but that's just a little piece of being a good quarterback... Putting it together and producing on the field,
all the arm strength and athletic ability in the world doesn't guarantee that you'll produce as a quarterback..."
~Steve Fairchild (Offernsive Coordinator - Buffalo Bills)

TacklingDummy
07-01-2006, 08:50 PM
WTF is Jaws doing comparing JP to Pat Haden, doesn't he know he should be comparing him to Manning, Eli, Palmer, Elway, Favre....?

Pat Haden wasn't a very good QB.

ICE74129
07-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Don't worry buddy, contrary to popular belief, Levy is no fool. If Losman can win the job in camp, and we know he is going to, they will stick with their young QB come hell or high water.

I would hope so. He is only going to continue to do what it takes to get better. Whats funny though bud, one dummy doesn't understand he is on ignore :bandwagon

TacklingDummy
07-01-2006, 09:26 PM
Whats funny though bud, one dummy doesn't understand he is on ignore :bandwagon

I know he has me on ignore. Its just too easy to make his posts look like the crap that they are.

Lexwhat
07-01-2006, 10:20 PM

He only broke 1 leg...does that mean one leg will grow longer than the other?

JP Losman: "Little Foot, Long Foot."

Chappelle Show anyone?

PcA125
07-01-2006, 10:47 PM

I sure hope so.. I cant deal with another year like the last one, constantly switching QBs

ICE74129
07-02-2006, 08:04 AM
I sure hope so.. I cant deal with another year like the last one, constantly switching QBs
That was crappy coaching and crappy management. They put Holcomb in to try and save their jobs. They knew real quick how bad this team sucked and tried to salvage it and make JP the scape goat with the team and fans.

It succeeded. You all bought it hook, line and sinker.

I pray Marv and DJ know better and do the right thing.

X-Era
07-02-2006, 08:49 AM
"I was very impressed [by Losman] with how he handled the intelligence side of the game," said Jaworski,

I'd rather have a QB that can handle the on the field side of the game.

Is there a good tangible reason that you cant become even the slightest bit encouraged by seemingly positive growth from Losman?

The_Philster
07-02-2006, 08:57 AM
Is there a good tangible reason that you cant become even the slightest bit encouraged by seemingly positive growth from Losman?
Maybe JP stole his gf? :idunno:

BillsFever21
07-02-2006, 09:03 AM
If Losman fails it won't be from lack of an effort. His haters need to show the guy some respect.

The guy has busted his ass off since day one and has been professional during all the bad times when others may not have been.

The guy has 8 career games and some act like he's been starting for 3 years. In them 8 games he was far more successful then many other great QB's were in their first 8 starts.

Big Ben had a good rookie year and some think that it's routine now. I feel that most of the people who disrespect Losman were Bledsoe lovers who has sour grapes that he was kicked to the curb.

The_Philster
07-02-2006, 09:06 AM
Big Ben had a good rookie year and some think that it's routine now.:bf1: and something that they forget is that Big Ben was surrounded by a lot of talent and wasn't asked to do much his rookie season. JP was expected to do more because he didn't have the talent surrounding him that Big Ben did.

BillsFever21
07-02-2006, 09:11 AM
:bf1: and something that they forget is that Big Ben was surrounded by a lot of talent and wasn't asked to do much his rookie season. JP was expected to do more because he didn't have the talent surrounding him that Big Ben did.

Exactly. Big Ben was throwing the ball maybe 10-15 times a game. He also had a great coaching staff and a great running game to take the heat off him. Not to mention a great OL to protect him too.

The_Philster
07-02-2006, 09:17 AM
Exactly. Big Ben was throwing the ball maybe 10-15 times a game. He also had a great coaching staff and a great running game to take the heat off him. Not to mention a great OL to protect him too.
yeah...but we shouldn't confuse the blind haters with the facts of the situation...we should be ashamed of ourselves :cynic:

justasportsfan
07-02-2006, 09:49 AM
And practice means? Who's done better on the field during games? Enough said.In their first year or second year starting? JP hasn't had a 2nd year yet . IN their first year they were both as bad but Eli didn't have Mularkey as a HC. We shall see this year and compare JP's 2nd to Eli's.

ghz in pittsburgh
07-02-2006, 12:18 PM
Of course Jaw would say nice things about Losman because Losman is his client. I know one of the former Steelers' O-Lineman runs an linemen clinics here in the summer and charges $10000 a head. For someone to watch film with Jaw, I'd guess at least $5000 per game (only the offensive part). At least Losman is finally spending money on improving his game.

TacklingDummy
07-02-2006, 01:47 PM

If he grows during a actual game I will find that positive. Being great in practice doesn't mean much. Buffalo already had a ALL-Pro practice QB. Once he got on the field against a opponent other then his own team he sucked for the most part.

TacklingDummy
07-02-2006, 02:02 PM
We shall see this year and compare JP's 2nd to Eli's.

Lets compare him to Ryan Leafs 2nd year.....11 Games, 1883 yards, 11 TDs, 18 Ints. Once JP gets above Leaf's stature.. then we can compare him to Eli's 2nd year 3762 yards, 24 TDs, 17 Ints.

ICE74129
07-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Of course Jaw would say nice things about Losman because Losman is his client. I know one of the former Steelers' O-Lineman runs an linemen clinics here in the summer and charges $10000 a head. For someone to watch film with Jaw, I'd guess at least $5000 per game (only the offensive part). At least Losman is finally spending money on improving his game.

Thats one of the dumbest statements ever. He had great things to say about him well before he took him on as a client.

Sportsuser101
07-02-2006, 04:08 PM
Now I don't remember Jaws going that far. I am not trying to argue with you but I believe it was "Big" Ben Roethlosthisburger that Jaws said was the best. He did say that Losman was by far the most athletic of the three.

Now let us pray that J.P. never decides to get on a motorcycle.

:oops:

Nope he said Losman was the best QB in the draft.

Bill Brasky
07-02-2006, 04:22 PM
I'd rather have Eli.

Who's had a better team around him? Who's had a line? A reliable RB that can do EVERYTHING? A coach who knows how to coach and doesn't yank him out of games when the team is out of playoff contention?

JP hasn't had access to any of that stuff. And he's started less than 10 games with basically no tools to work with. It's like trying to make a peanut butter sandwich without the bread.

Eli Manning didn't play that well in his first year as a starter. Ask any Giant fan and they'll tell you the same thing. He just had a better team around him to bail him out. When JP was having a bad game - which were several - nobody stepped up to the plate to bail him out. Not even the coaching staff. Most vets can't carrying a team in the NFL nowadays single-handedly - you're were expecting a 1st year starting QB on a terrible team to accomplish this?

Give the guy a break. He will show us what he's made of this year (good or bad).

YardRat
07-03-2006, 09:05 PM
I'd like to know when all the people hell-bent on seeing Losman as the starter are going to quit using excuses, if he fails to perform again this year.

I really hope, deep down, that JP turns into the QB some think he can be, but if he doesn't it'll just be the same old **** again next year, won't it?

"The o-line sucks, they didn't protect JP."
"The defense sucks, JP was always playing from behind."
"Jauron sucks, because he played another QB."
"Fairchild sucks, his play selection is putrid."
"Levy sucks, he's a geriatric old fart."
"Wilson sucks, because he's too freakin' cheap."

You've given every excuse in the book to allow JP to fail and taken the responsibility away from where it actually lay...on his own damn shoulders. If he's so damn good, he ought to be able to prove it in both practice and during the actual games. Period.

The_Philster
07-03-2006, 09:11 PM
People didn't make excuses for JP's poor play last year, YardRat...at least no one who actually can understand the QB position at all

YardRat
07-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Puh-leeze. Just read the post previous to mine. It's a mantra that's been repeated ad nauseaum (sp?) on every Bills message board since the end of last season, if not before.

And, not to be blunt, but who the hell are you to be so damn condescending about any other posters knowledge of the QB position?

ICE74129
07-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Puh-leeze. Just read the post previous to mine. It's a mantra that's been repeated ad nauseaum (sp?) on every Bills message board since the end of last season, if not before.

And, not to be blunt, but who the hell are you to be so damn condescending about any other posters knowledge of the QB position?

Because we apperantly understand it and you apparantly don't. If you did you would understand the 'ad nauseaum' comments are made because fans like you dont' get FACTS.

I don't give a damn if you have montana's brain, Elways arm, Marinos release, and Vicks ability to scramble...if you have a crap line, crap defense that can't keep you from playing from behind, a crap coaching staff etc....you fail. Now, take very talented kid like JP, with no real experience and throw him into those condidions AND have the top veterans on your team turn on him and offer him up for sacrifice for their own crappy play...you have disaster. And thats exactly what the 05 season was.

Take a decent college prospect, surround him with great talent from top to bottom, one of the best HC's in the biz, Great coaching, ownership, veteran leadership, and a good TEAM....you get ben rothlesburger results. had this TEAM been everything Tom Donahoe and Mike Mularkey billed it to be...we go 11-5 or 10-6 with JP playing all 16 games and a playoff spot. Problem is this TEAM wasn't a tenth as good as they made it out to be.

so when the fans like you start getting that, we can move on from this subject and look forward to JP starting this year.

The_Philster
07-03-2006, 09:31 PM
Well for one, I go off of what I see on the field as much as I can, not off of stats that tell you very little except how many fantasy points you got. :laughter:

TacklingDummy
07-03-2006, 09:36 PM
Well for one, I go off of what I see on the field as much as I can, not off of stats that tell you very little except how many fantasy points you got. :laughter:

Phil must be blind then.

Watching the games JP played is worse then looking at his stats. of the games he played.

YardRat, they are already setting up excuse for JP next year. That's all they are doing. Come year 4 of JPs career, we will still here upside, potential, wasn't JPs fault he stunk, JP just needs more time...etc...blah blah

TacklingDummy
07-03-2006, 09:43 PM
Be

I don't give a damn if you have montana's brain, Elways arm, Marinos release, and Vicks ability to scramble...if you have a crap line, crap defense that can't keep you from playing from behind, a crap coaching staff etc....you fail. Now, take very talented kid like JP, with no real experience and throw him into those condidions AND have the top veterans on your team turn on him and offer him up for sacrifice for their own crappy play...you have disaster. And thats exactly what the 05 season was.

1) O-line looked much better with KH behind center. And KH can't scramble and has a rag arm. Both running and passing game were much improved with a different signal caller behind center.

2) That crap defense Ice was talking about held the Bills in almost ever game JP played in. The Bills were within a TD of the lead in most all of them. Yet they got nothing out of the Offense.

3) If JP played up to his "potential" and showed signs of becoming the Bills next franchise QB, those Vets would of never turned on him. How would any player feel when you're a QB away from strating the season 5-0?

This debate is getting real old. Can't the season start already?

YardRat
07-03-2006, 09:50 PM
have the top veterans on your team turn on him

Thanks, Ice...I forgot that one. :D

Take a decent college prospect, surround him with great talent from top to bottom, one of the best HC's in the biz, Great coaching, ownership, veteran leadership, and a good TEAM

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

so when the fans like you start getting that

JP needs to step up to the plate and be an asset to the team, not a detriment. When are you going to get THAT? If the Bill's had a team with all you described above, they could win REGARDLESS of who the QB is...JP, Holcomb, or Nall.

Well for one, I go off of what I see on the field as much as I can, not off of stats that tell you very little except how many fantasy points you got.

So illuminate me as to what you saw on the field last year, phil. How many of JP's incompletions were due to dropped balls or wrong routes run by the receivers? How many were the result of a terribly thrown ball? How many of his sacks or scrambles were the result of no receivers being open as opposed to JP not making the right read in the appropriate amount of time, if at all? How many sacks that JP suffered were coverage sacks as opposed to offensive line breakdowns? How often did JP check off into the right or wrong play, based on the defense he was interpreting?

Stats aside, what evidence did you 'see on the field' that gives you the indication that JP has ALL the tools to be a starting QB in the big leagues?

The_Philster
07-03-2006, 09:54 PM
I haven't seen anything yet, YardRat...nothing to convince me he will...nothing to convice me he won't. He struggled last year...as most 1st yr QBs generally do.
One thing he did do was learn from some mistakes...like Holcomb throwing for 4 yards on a 4th and 7...JP went for 9 a few weeks later

TacklingDummy
07-03-2006, 10:07 PM
One thing he did do was learn from some mistakes...like Holcomb throwing for 4 yards on a 4th and 7...JP went for 9 a few weeks later

Yeah JP sure learned from them. In the Carolina game, last drive of the game JP throws a INT, GAME OVER. Atleast KH got the ball into one of his playmakers hands.

BillsFever21
07-04-2006, 07:28 AM
Lets compare him to Ryan Leafs 2nd year.....11 Games, 1883 yards, 11 TDs, 18 Ints. Once JP gets above Leaf's stature.. then we can compare him to Eli's 2nd year 3762 yards, 24 TDs, 17 Ints.

Losman had a better first season then Eli.

BUFFruggALO
07-04-2006, 08:45 AM
i totaly bill-eve in losman ---its just good to see that hes gettin some national support instaed of gettin bashed all the time

justasportsfan
07-04-2006, 10:50 AM
You brought up Eli. Not me.

BillsFever21
07-04-2006, 11:00 AM
You brought up Eli. Not me.

Do you really take anything he has to say seriously? He's a joke.

jmb1099
07-04-2006, 11:34 AM
Who's had a better team around him? Who's had a line? A reliable RB that can do EVERYTHING? A coach who knows how to coach and doesn't yank him out of games when the team is out of playoff contention?

JP hasn't had access to any of that stuff. And he's started less than 10 games with basically no tools to work with. It's like trying to make a peanut butter sandwich without the bread.

Eli Manning didn't play that well in his first year as a starter. Ask any Giant fan and they'll tell you the same thing. He just had a better team around him to bail him out. When JP was having a bad game - which were several - nobody stepped up to the plate to bail him out. Not even the coaching staff. Most vets can't carrying a team in the NFL nowadays single-handedly - you're were expecting a 1st year starting QB on a terrible team to accomplish this?

Give the guy a break. He will show us what he's made of this year (good or bad).
I live in giants land and they were calling for Eli's head the first year, botht the fans and the media.

jmb1099
07-04-2006, 11:40 AM
I'd like to know when all the people hell-bent on seeing Losman as the starter are going to quit using excuses, if he fails to perform again this year.

I really hope, deep down, that JP turns into the QB some think he can be, but if he doesn't it'll just be the same old **** again next year, won't it?

"The o-line sucks, they didn't protect JP."
"The defense sucks, JP was always playing from behind."
"Jauron sucks, because he played another QB."
"Fairchild sucks, his play selection is putrid."
"Levy sucks, he's a geriatric old fart."
"Wilson sucks, because he's too freakin' cheap."

You've given every excuse in the book to allow JP to fail and taken the responsibility away from where it actually lay...on his own damn shoulders. If he's so damn good, he ought to be able to prove it in both practice and during the actual games. Period.
Rookie Qb first year on the field. Not an excuse, reality. TD will scream and cry it was his secnd year blah blah blah. As has already been posted here a few times first year stats from many big name qb's were worse than Losman's. So we see what he can do this year. Now here is the thing everyone needs to remember: New system, new management and new players. It is the formula for train wreck but I still see Losman improving and the team slowly getting better week to week. Incidently Losman didn't put the blame on anyone else's shoulders but his own and that is a quality of a good leader.

jmb1099
07-04-2006, 11:53 AM
1) O-line looked much better with KH behind center. And KH can't scramble and has a rag arm. Both running and passing game were much improved with a different signal caller behind center.

2) That crap defense Ice was talking about held the Bills in almost ever game JP played in. The Bills were within a TD of the lead in most all of them. Yet they got nothing out of the Offense.

3) If JP played up to his "potential" and showed signs of becoming the Bills next franchise QB, those Vets would of never turned on him. How would any player feel when you're a QB away from strating the season 5-0?

The debate is old, especially since neither side is going to conceede. So did the oline play well enough last year to get us into the playoffs? No. Did the defense play well enough to get us even close to the playoffs? No. The only unit on the team that was playoff caliber was special teams. Neither jp or holcomb played like playoff bound qbs. So the line made a few more blocks for holcomb, what did it accomplish? My argument with you isn't to say that jp played wonderfully all the time because he obviously did not. But he did show flashes of the potential he has and with the proper coaching he may be able to live up to his potential. Right now there isn't a single person on this board who knows for sure weather or not Losman can be successful, not based on eight games in his first year as a starter. As has been said (and yes it is old) many big name qb's if judged by their first 8 games would never have made it to game 9. We will know after this year if he will ever live up to his potential or not.

Philagape
07-04-2006, 12:06 PM
The debate is old because JP haters have nothing but irrelevancy on their side.

BillsFever21
07-04-2006, 02:39 PM

Yeah, the defense gave up 35,48,19,19,24 in 6 of the losses. If only our offense was good enough to average about 30 points a game we would be in good shape.

We were in the bottom 5 in rush and pass defense. Go find something else to do.

ICE74129
07-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Yeah, the defense gave up 35,48,19,19,24 in 6 of the losses. If only our offense was good enough to average about 30 points a game we would be in good shape.

Exactly but some dummy's are so damn stuck on hating JP they don't see facts. Holcomb looked no better behind that line. He sucked. He had a losing record. 10 year vet didn't do much better than a 1st year starter. If he was that much better we would have been in the playoffs, holcomb was QB long enough to take us there.

BillsFever21
07-04-2006, 02:55 PM
Exactly but some dummy's are so damn stuck on hating JP they don't see facts. Holcomb looked no better behind that line. He sucked. He had a losing record. 10 year vet didn't do much better than a 1st year starter. If he was that much better we would have been in the playoffs, holcomb was QB long enough to take us there.

We were only 1 game from first place when we played the Patriots and Holcomb was starting. Holcomb went on to lose his next 3 games after that and 4 of his last 5.

TacklingDummy
07-04-2006, 03:10 PM

It's easy to be bottom 5 in the league when your Offense consistenly goes 3 and out and the D is always on the field.

7 of the 9 games JP played in, the Bills either had the lead at halftime or were within a TD of the lead at the half. To me that means the D was playing well enough to win. The O wasn't holding up their side of the field.

BadgerVid
07-04-2006, 03:11 PM
He did? That's funny I seem to remember Eli playing around 8 games his rookie year. Losman played around 8 games his 2nd year.
Actually Eli started 7, lost 6, was 6/9 on TDs/INTs, had a worse completion % and QB rating than JP and generally stunk up the field....but had a coach intelligent enough to keep him in and let him work it through.....

You are certainly aptly named.....

TacklingDummy
07-04-2006, 03:12 PM
We were only 1 game from first place when we played the Patriots and Holcomb was starting. Holcomb went on to lose his next 3 games after that and 4 of his last 5.

Holcomb is also a bum. Just not as much of a bum as Losman was. The Jets/NE games the Bills lost when Holcomb started the Bills should of won if they had a average QB. There's a reason why ESPN ranked the Bills QB position 29th, they both suck.

TacklingDummy
07-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Actually Eli started 7, lost 6, was 6/9 on TDs/INTs, had a worse completion % and QB rating than JP and generally stunk up the field....but had a coach intelligent enough to keep him in and let him work it through.....

And I've already said numerous times that JP shouldn't of been benched the 2nd time. There was no point in it.

Bill Brasky
07-04-2006, 04:54 PM
I live in giants land and they were calling for Eli's head the first year, botht the fans and the media.

I know, I live there too.

YardRat
07-04-2006, 06:26 PM
Bottom line...someone's going to be the starting QB this year out of Holcomb, Nall, or JP.

If it's JP, great. He earned it and he deserves it and everybody here will be rooting like hell for him.

If it's Nall or Holcomb...no excuses, no whining, no if's, and's or but's. If JP can't beat out (and keep on the bench for the season) what many here consider a below-average 10/11 yr vet or a three yr FA pick-up that's barely seen the field behind Favre than just admit it at that time...he must really suck.

jmb1099
07-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Bottom line...someone's going to be the starting QB this year out of Holcomb, Nall, or JP.

If it's JP, great. He earned it and he deserves it and everybody here will be rooting like hell for him.

If it's Nall or Holcomb...no excuses, no whining, no if's, and's or but's. If JP can't beat out (and keep on the bench for the season) what many here consider a below-average 10/11 yr vet or a three yr FA pick-up that's barely seen the field behind Favre than just admit it at that time...he must really suck.
No argument there. I think we will see a general move in the right direction on a general whole this year. I do think we need to allow Losman to struggle through a a few tough games. If he doesn't improve than its time to reevaulate.