PDA

View Full Version : I heard TKO....

SABURZFAN
07-01-2006, 11:29 PM
on ESPN Radio 920 here in vegas.he said he would have gone a different direction in the draft.i don't think he likes the draft picks selected.he sounded hesitant at times.

T-Nasty24
07-01-2006, 11:31 PM
Like he would know anything about drafting.......

tat2dmike77
07-01-2006, 11:43 PM
Opinions are like a-holes everyones got one and they all stink.

Now honestly i don't care if he is upset about the draft picks. So long as he comes back with the fire and desire to win. Along with a healthy achiles heal.

SABURZFAN
07-02-2006, 02:15 AM
he said something to the nature of that these draft picks better be ready to go now and not 2-3 months down the road.he said that he has a lot to prove as well.

Night Train
07-02-2006, 06:22 AM
he said something to the nature of that these draft picks better be ready to go now and not 2-3 months down the road.he said that he has a lot to prove as well.

The new admin did the right thing.

The D finished near the bottom in most every catagory and needed a major tuneup. TD had concentrated on Offense the last few years.

If you're a bad team, you need to make the D stong immediately and then address the Offense. With a lack of quality OL candidates in the early rounds, the D was addressed. We had a dire need for DL/ Secondary help and we drafted some promising players at those positions.

I hope our picks get plenty of playing time. They'll make some mistakes but only improve.

We need to play the talented youth and BUILD TOWARDS SOMETHING, instead of living in the past.

ICE74129
07-02-2006, 08:02 AM
LMAO its ok to rip me or anyone else here if we don't like the draft, but now you guys rip the best damn player (B4 injury) on this team? A true leader that knows a ton about football and has seen first hand how crappy teams are built? (his time in Cinci).

Can you guys kiss marvs butt any harder? Honestly?

Don't Panic
07-02-2006, 09:04 AM
I don't think you can blame a guy for not liking this draft. This is a hrad draft to see being a good one right off the bat. It took a lot of people (myself included) in here some time to come to appreciate this draft, and apparently it's going to take Spikes a little more time, too. Let's see what he thinks when we're in the middle of August. If he has a problem at that time, then we have something to talk about.

madness
07-02-2006, 09:04 AM
LMAO its ok to rip me or anyone else here if we don't like the draft, but now you guys rip the best damn player (B4 injury) on this team? A true leader that knows a ton about football and has seen first hand how crappy teams are built? (his time in Cinci).

Makes sense to me. Fire Marv and put TKO in the front office. Then we can see first hand how crappy teams are built.

RockStar36
07-02-2006, 09:11 AM

Cincy is a pretty good team now. TKO isn't on the team. Coincedence?

I really don't care what his opinion on the draft is or was. That defense was pathetic last year. And what exactly isn't there to like about it?

Would you guys rather have Coy Wire start? And who was supposed to replace Sam Adams?

justasportsfan
07-02-2006, 09:43 AM
LMAO its ok to rip me or anyone else here if we don't like the draft, but now you guys rip the best damn player (B4 injury) on this team? A true leader that knows a ton about football and has seen first hand how crappy teams are built? (his time in Cinci).Fletcher is as much of a leader as TKO. He was all for the draft.

Can you guys kiss marvs butt any harder? Honestly?Not as hard as you did prior to the draft that your nose had gangreen.

JJamezz
07-02-2006, 09:58 AM
If TKO was in charge, he wouldn't have let his boys Adams or Milloy go either, so that probably plays into how he feels about the draft too.

Players aren't as on top of everything going on in the organization as we think they are. TKO doesn't know why all the decisions get made, no player does. I think a lot of the time, whether we as fans believe it or not, these guys just show up to work and sorta roll with it.

So it stands to reason that he or any other player may have reservations about the changes and decisions. I bet a lot of those guys are hesitant right now - they figure they had a down year last season, and losing TKO hurt a lot - but they see themselves as still being able to be that very good defense they were before, with the same players kept on the roster. Thats just the way players think. I think its very hard for them to view the team objectively, because they're right in the middle of things - they ARE the team, and they're tight with their teammates, like a family.

The coaches and staff, whether they make the right decisions or not, can see the big picture better, more objectively. Bottom line is, the only thing that will change TKO or any other Bill's opinion, is success with the new players and system.

HHURRICANE
07-02-2006, 02:48 PM
on ESPN Radio 920 here in vegas.he said he would have gone a different direction in the draft.i don't think he likes the draft picks selected.he sounded hesitant at times.

This is the same guy that predicted that the Bills D was better than the '85 Bears. So he has zero credibility with me. How many playoff games has he been in??

This is the same guy who ran his mouth a few years ago before the Sunday night game against the Chiefs and we got punished. So TKO shut up.

YardRat
07-02-2006, 03:39 PM
I'd like to know if he wanted the team to go in a different direction position-wise or player-wise.

ublinkwescore
07-02-2006, 03:52 PM
I think TKO should only talk after games.

Drive 4 Five
07-02-2006, 04:49 PM
As far as I am concerned you can all STFU right now. I won't stand for any bad mouthing of TKO in here. Ever.

Drive 4 Five
07-02-2006, 04:51 PM
I have to tell you fellas, and I don't give a **** what anybody else says, I am PUMPED for this coming season and what the future holds with Levy back at the helm.

Captain Obvious
07-02-2006, 05:13 PM
DId Takeo watch any Ohio State games? London Fletcher did and he gave Donte Whitner a ringing endorsement. Just like Thurman Thomas, Takeo has no idea what he is talking about.

Goobylal
07-02-2006, 05:19 PM
I'd like to know WHO Takeo thought WOULD be ready to go on opening day. Whatever, just be ready to go yourself, Takeo.

ParanoidAndroid
07-02-2006, 05:26 PM
I don't think it is TKO's place to be commenting like that about his new teammates. The rookies need to know he has their back and visa versa. High expectations and encouragement are what bring out the best in young players, not distant criticism from teammates without just cause.

ICE74129
07-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Cincy is a pretty good team now. TKO isn't on the team. Coincedence?

I really don't care what his opinion on the draft is or was. That defense was pathetic last year. And what exactly isn't there to like about it?

Would you guys rather have Coy Wire start? And who was supposed to replace Sam Adams?

So you are saying TKO Sucks/ Sucked?

ICE74129
07-02-2006, 05:47 PM
I don't think it is TKO's place to be commenting like that about his new teammates. The rookies need to know he has their back and visa versa. High expectations and encouragement are what bring out the best in young players, not distant criticism from teammates without just cause.

Bull crap, its exactly his place. He is a probowler, heart and soul of the defense and has EARNED the right to talk. Unlike a certain RB we know

Bill Brasky
07-02-2006, 06:33 PM

Coy Wire is pro-bowl material

Drive 4 Five
07-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Coy Wire is pro-bowl material

Probowl material? Probowl material? Get your head out of your ass Freeman.

Coy Wire is Hall-of-fame material.

Drive 4 Five
07-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Doesn't take long to start the witch hunt does it? We don't even know exactly what TKO did or didn't say and some of you are already wanting to burn him at the stake.

Bill Brasky
07-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Probowl material? Probowl material? Get your head out of your ass Freeman.

Coy Wire is Hall-of-fame material.

He's going to finish with the most INT's in Bills history. He will also rush for 1700 yards this year. And take Jauron's job. Wait and see.

Night Train
07-02-2006, 06:50 PM
Wire is a material.

Most likely.. scrap.

Bling
07-02-2006, 07:14 PM
Man this is so easy...

...Anyway, it's too early to tell how your draft turned out. With the way TKO sounds, this team seems to be relying on the rookies to be incoming starters. Should be interesting. Your team's future relies heavily on this draft.

Drive 4 Five
07-02-2006, 07:27 PM
Man this is so easy...

...Anyway, it's too early to tell how your draft turned out. With the way TKO sounds, this team seems to be relying on the rookies to be incoming starters. Should be interesting. Your team's future relies heavily on this draft.

Doesn't the future of every team in this entire league rely on how they draft? Well except for those that choose to trade away the majority of their draft picks, opting to build through free agency instead.

Bling
07-02-2006, 07:38 PM
Doesn't the future of every team in this entire league rely on how they draft? Well except for those that choose to trade away the majority of their draft picks, opting to build through free agency instead.

Well, now more than ever for the Bills. Many teams in the league aren't relying on their rookies like the Bills. The last time they were in the playoffs? Now with Ralph Wilson going a little nuts, Marv Levy's legacy, and a not well liked FA or hiring of a coach, this draft needs to be the one shining star of this season.

Bill Brasky
07-02-2006, 07:48 PM
Well, now more than ever for the Bills. Many teams in the league aren't relying on their rookies like the Bills. The last time they were in the playoffs? Now with Ralph Wilson going a little nuts, Marv Levy's legacy, and a not well liked FA or hiring of a coach, this draft needs to be the one shining star of this season.

The only shining star of this coming season will be me. The amount of alcohol I will ultimately consume through tailgates and via living room, all in an attempt to keep my sanity, will probably shatter all previous estimates.

Go Bills... or something.

socalfan
07-02-2006, 07:49 PM

Yeah, I can see this....I think TKO is a pretty severe critic. I don't think he has any patience what-so-ever. I also think, although it he doesn't show it publicly, that Fletcher is pretty similar and feels the same way.

Bill Brasky
07-02-2006, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I can see this....I think TKO is a pretty severe critic.

his entire career has been with organizations committed to losing. i'd be just as critical at this point.

ICE74129
07-02-2006, 08:20 PM
his entire career has been with organizations committed to losing. i'd be just as critical at this point.Yeah no joke. Esp when that former team is doing well now.

RockStar36
07-02-2006, 08:34 PM
The only shining star of this coming season will be me. The amount of alcohol I will ultimately consume through tailgates and via living room, all in an attempt to keep my sanity, will probably shatter all previous estimates.

Go Bills... or something.

I'm willing to bet that my alcohol consumption will far exceed your total.

Bill Brasky
07-02-2006, 09:13 PM
I'm willing to bet that my alcohol consumption will far exceed your total.

:rofl: okay

losman2evans
07-02-2006, 10:13 PM
TKO was right in not wanting Big Pat to go. If we have kept Pat, Adams and Milloy may ave still been here, because our run defense would not have gone done the drain. But if -if and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a merry christmas.

That being said: I never heard the TKO comments, but if he actually criticised the draft pics already- he should keep his mouth shut and continue to put his energy into getting back onto the field. His head is not in the right place of that is how he is thinking.

He better show up and play! He has been my favorite player on defense and is now our only big name player on this whole team.

ublinkwescore
07-03-2006, 02:42 AM
Makes sense to me. Fire Marv and put TKO in the front office. Then we can see first hand how crappy teams are built.

You mean we haven't been watching crappy teams for the last 5 years or so?

ublinkwescore
07-03-2006, 02:44 AM
As far as I am concerned you can all STFU right now. I won't stand for any bad mouthing of TKO in here. Ever.

I love having TKO on our team just as much as you do, but it seems every time he opens his mouth prior to a game, we lose.

Drive 4 Five
07-03-2006, 01:21 PM
I love having TKO on our team just as much as you do, but it seems every time he opens his mouth prior to a game, we lose.

I know. But you can't say that his play has ever cost us a game. Right? TKO is just tired of losing. And unlike Coy Wire, TKO cannot play every position or we would win every game.

ublinkwescore
07-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Coy Wire can play every position?

Drive 4 Five
07-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Coy Wire can play every position?

You didn't know that? The guy is just phenomenal. He especially excels at LT, RDE, both safety positions, QB, RB & WR. He is not that great of a DT though.

Lexwhat
07-04-2006, 03:40 AM
You didn't know that? The guy is just phenomenal. He especially excels at LT, RDE, both safety positions, QB, RB & WR. He is not that great of a DT though.

I heard he taught Rod Woodson how to play the safety position when Woodson just came into the NFL.