PDA

View Full Version : Defensemen are disappearing...

SABURZFAN
07-01-2006, 11:37 PM
off free agency REAL quick.what "leftovers" do you think we'll get?

discuss.....

tat2dmike77
07-01-2006, 11:39 PM
The guys that are still in rochester thats what we will get.

Philagape
07-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Probably somebody like Ken Klee

SABURZFAN
07-02-2006, 12:21 AM
i wouldn't mind r.salei but he'll probably be too pricy for us.

Michael82
07-02-2006, 08:59 AM
Janik, Jillson and Paetsch. :ill:

RockStar36
07-02-2006, 09:01 AM
I only wanted the Sabres to sign one stud D-man when free agency started and I guess they won't even do that. Sometimes you have to wonder about them. I know they have a budget but this is absolutely ridiculous.

Michael82
07-02-2006, 09:07 AM
I only wanted the Sabres to sign one stud D-man when free agency started and I guess they won't even do that. Sometimes you have to wonder about them. I know they have a budget but this is absolutely ridiculous.
Yeah it is. But we should have expected. Why add more pieces to your team when you were 1 period away from the Stanley Cup Finals when you could get rid of a bunch of the players that got you there and grab some bums. :ill: :mad:

chubluv
07-02-2006, 09:10 AM
If the Sabres front office learned anything from last year it should be make the playoffs make more money. So maybe if we pay a little more then we want or originally expected it will help or bottom line out.

RockStar36
07-02-2006, 09:20 AM
Exactly!

I understand that they have a cheap ass budget, but if they spend a few more million I bet they could make a whole lot more. Imagine if they keep this budget and then crap out this year. They'll lose a whole lot of money.

I say make the budget around 38 mil. If this team is constantly in the playoffs they won't have to worry about losing money.

chernobylwraiths
07-02-2006, 10:44 AM
Why bother signing people when they can just use Rochester people and still make the playoffs and contend for the cup again? Come on guys! Darcy is a genius. All of his moves make us better. We are gonna win the Stanley Cup, wwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

sarcasm off

Dozerdog
07-02-2006, 11:32 PM
Man- here we go again-

Last year people were jumping off buildings because the Sabres signed their own guys instead of pursuing high priced free agents...Like Boston did **cough** **cough** The Islanders **cough** **cough** Los Angeles **cough** **cough** Philly **cough** **cough** and so on....

Nice success that they all had.......

WWWAAHHHH we didn't sign Charra for $7.5 million

McKee has held out year after year as an RFA looking for more dough- it does not suprise me he never came back. First big offer and you knew he would be gone.

They came within a hair of the cup finals without going for the ridiculous player signings.

But as usuall, the armchair fans are a lot smarter ....:rolleyes:

hammerbillsfan
07-02-2006, 11:36 PM
Probably somebody like Ken Klee

You can have him. :ill:

chernobylwraiths
07-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Man- here we go again-

Last year people were jumping off buildings because the Sabres signed their own guys instead of pursuing high priced free agents...Like Boston did **cough** **cough** The Islanders **cough** **cough** Los Angeles **cough** **cough** Philly **cough** **cough** and so on....

Nice success that they all had.......

WWWAAHHHH we didn't sign Charra for $7.5 million

McKee has held out year after year as an RFA looking for more dough- it does not suprise me he never came back. First big offer and you knew he would be gone.

They came within a hair of the cup finals without going for the ridiculous player signings.

But as usuall, the armchair fans are a lot smarter ....:rolleyes:

I for one, never expected them to sign one of those big number players. I would have loved it, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it was a terrible thing to not sign anyone to a mega deal like Chara's or Jonanovski's.

I have a problem with the attempt to keep the team together. From all I have seen and heard, the Sabres made no attempt to keep Grier (a good move at that salary) and made a half hearted attempt to keep McKee. McKee made it known he was looking for at least a four year deal (he's 28 so it isn't like he wouldn't see the end of that) for between 3 and 4 million. Now if Darcy had offered somewhere around 2.75 to 3 million for 4 and kept channels open, there might have been a chance. Everyone knew that SOME team would come up with a killer deal for Jay, but if Darcy had at least come close to what Jay was looking for, maybe he doesn't go into free agency. That isn't crazy money and it could have gone a long way with this team. It isn't like player salaries are going down.

Many bring up what players reactions would be like to McKee getting over 3 million from this team. What will Tallinder want then? Well, seeing as Tallinder is a RFA for a while, it doesn't matter what he thinks, but I'm sure he will get a modest pay raise and if he keeps his play up, a much bigger in a few years. I want to know what the players reaction will be to what the Sabres ended up doing with McKee, especially on the heals of Briere's comments in the News about trying to keep the team together. I think it could have a very adverse affect on the players, knowing they won't try to keep them when they become unrestricted free agents.

Dozerdog
07-05-2006, 08:42 PM
I have a problem with the attempt to keep the team together. From all I have seen and heard, the Sabres made no attempt to keep Grier (a good move at that salary) and made a half hearted attempt to keep McKee.

Problem keeping the team together?????

90% of ther roster will remain in tact- how many teams across ANY sport can say that????

And we lost 3-4 players the year before- obviously their loss had NO negative impact on the team either.

We didn't lose Bobby Orr and Wayne Gretzky here.

Dozerdog
07-05-2006, 08:46 PM
And please....some of you people are painting McKee as some sort of Hero/Martyr who would have signed for anything to stay in town.

Bull S***

If that were the case, why jump on day 2 of free agency??????

Is this the same McKee tat was the last RFA the Sabres signed because he wanted to squeeze as much cash from the team as possible last offseason?

I don't blame him- but give me a break. I'm not stupid. Quit painting this guy as some superhero that would give his left nut to stay in Buffalo.

He wanted- and recieved- a big payday.

chernobylwraiths
07-05-2006, 09:03 PM
And please....some of you people are painting McKee as some sort of Hero/Martyr who would have signed for anything to stay in town.

Bull S***

If that were the case, why jump on day 2 of free agency??????

Is this the same McKee tat was the last RFA the Sabres signed because he wanted to squeeze as much cash from the team as possible last offseason?

I don't blame him- but give me a break. I'm not stupid. Quit painting this guy as some superhero that would give his left nut to stay in Buffalo.

He wanted- and recieved- a big payday.

McKee signed late because he wanted a multi year deal and they refused. They had the opportunity to sign him last year. I don't think he is any big martyr and I am not deluding myself thinking he would take some huge hometown discount, but I think he would have taken a little less to stay. He was offered about half of what he eventually got., of course he was going to take it. I'm sure he knew the Sabres weren't going to make a serious offer after their last one.