X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Uncle Jesse
    • Sep 2004

Bills ranked 28 overall

According to ESPN, Just ahead of 49ers Lions, Raiders and Titans. Funny they have the Texans at 24 hahaha. Also the Redskins at #3 and Arizona at 11. What a joke.

Id say we are better than them atleast. What do you guys think?
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills ranked 28 overall

Depends on who our starting QB is going to be. JP will probably get the nod. Then it's a matter of seeing how well he performs.
    i need to see some preseason action before i can come to any conclusions.
    i hope and pray we are better than the Texans.

Comment

• BUFFruggALO
      • Jun 2006

i always think that the bills are gunna be good and they never are so im not gettin my hopes up this year
      !!!!~~~I aM sOFa kINg wEe tOdD dId~~~!!!!

Comment

• shelby
        The Vanilla *****
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BUFFruggALO
        i always think that the bills are gunna be good and they never are so im not gettin my hopes up this year
        to the Zone!

i understand your cynicism. The Bills are heartbreakers, year after year.

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

Better than Washington?

I don't think so buddy.

D & S Sports

Comment

• KMA
            Veteran Zoner
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by LindellSucks
            According to ESPN, Just ahead of 49ers Lions, Raiders and Titans. Funny they have the Texans at 24 hahaha. Also the Redskins at #3 and Arizona at 11. What a joke.

Well, let's see. The Texans grabbed the best DE in the draft who will contribute immediately and had tons of sack stats unlike his former teammate that we drafted in round 1.

They also got two of the top OL prospects. We didn't draft a lineman until round 5.

They signed Ephraim Salaam whose about in the same category as Fowler at worst. They signed Mike Flanagan whose better than any lineman we have. You can put them down, but then what do you say about our horrid non-improved line? They will fill in until Winston and Spencer are ready.

They signed Moulds while we signed Price. Hmmm. I wonder which one made a better signing.

They weren't good last season, but neither were we. They seem to have made more moves to address their biggest weaknesses. We made moves, but our biggest weaknesses, like theirs, were the lines. They did something about while we didn't.

On the DL they drafted Mario Williams, we drafted McCargo. Which is the better upgrade?

They picked up Anthony Weaver in free agency, we got Tripplett. Weaver's better than Tripplet and has more playing experience in the same number of seasons and has posted better numbers.

They picked up Flanagan and Salaam in free agency to our getting Gibson, Fowler, and Reyes. Salaam is the worst of theirs and is as good as any of ours.

In the draft, they got two of the top linemen. We once again began reaching in the lower rounds.

I think you can figure out why the Texans were ranked higher.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

I think when you're 5-11 the year before, you cut loose three veterans, have an unsettled QB situation, a new head coach, two new coordinators and a first time GM at 80 years old, a 28th preseason ranking is justified until they show otherwise.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by KMA
                Well, let's see. The Texans grabbed the best DE in the draft who will contribute immediately and had tons of sack stats unlike his former teammate that we drafted in round 1.

They also got two of the top OL prospects. We didn't draft a lineman until round 5.

They signed Ephraim Salaam whose about in the same category as Fowler at worst. They signed Mike Flanagan whose better than any lineman we have. You can put them down, but then what do you say about our horrid non-improved line? They will fill in until Winston and Spencer are ready.

They signed Moulds while we signed Price. Hmmm. I wonder which one made a better signing.

They weren't good last season, but neither were we. They seem to have made more moves to address their biggest weaknesses. We made moves, but our biggest weaknesses, like theirs, were the lines. They did something about while we didn't.

On the DL they drafted Mario Williams, we drafted McCargo. Which is the better upgrade?

They picked up Anthony Weaver in free agency, we got Tripplett. Weaver's better than Tripplet and has more playing experience in the same number of seasons and has posted better numbers.

They picked up Flanagan and Salaam in free agency to our getting Gibson, Fowler, and Reyes. Salaam is the worst of theirs and is as good as any of ours.

In the draft, they got two of the top linemen. We once again began reaching in the lower rounds.

Repeating the same couple things is pointless. And Moulds was traded to Houston.

As for drafting McCargo and Houston drafting Williams....what the hell. I'm sure if the Bills had the 1st overall pick they would have taken someone else over McCargo.

Houston should be dropped a mandatory 5 spots for passing on Reggie Bush. Dumbest move ever. And then their GM quits.

D & S Sports

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                  Sab and TD are insignificant
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by KMA

I've heard some speculation that Mario owes a good deal of his sacks to John McCargo needing to be double teamed on a regular basis. DEs will always get more sacks than DTs. DEs get to work in more space.
                  www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    Sab and TD are insignificant
                    • Sep 2002

I really don't know why every one is so high on Reggie Bush...

Yeah, I know he's good, but if you've already got a 1,000 + yard back (Domanick Davis) wouldn't it make more sense in going after a player that can make your whole Defense (which was horrible - after all WE scored 22 points on them) better.
                    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                      I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                      • May 2005

Arizona at 11 is very believable to me... that team will be one to watch out for this year. They weren't god awful last year and now they've added Edgerrin James to balance out the attack with Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin, two of the top young recievers in the league. Now Kurt Warner is nothing special to me and I wouldn't even be surprised to see Leinart take over the team before long. If all falls in to place like it could there, 11 is completely attainable in that fairly weak division. I'd say 9-7 wouldn't be unlikely at all for Arizona.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

We will be better than 28! Let me help:

Green Bay
                        Raiders
                        Lions
                        Saints
                        Rams

We will not be worse than any of these teams that ESPN currently has ranked ahead of us.

Now with that said I wouldn't expect much more!!!

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                          I think when you're 5-11 the year before, you cut loose three veterans, have an unsettled QB situation, a new head coach, two new coordinators and a first time GM at 80 years old, a 28th preseason ranking is justified until they show otherwise.
                          Well put PM.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                            • Jan 2004

Redskins at #3

Comment

• Luisito23
                              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by BUFFruggALO
                              so im not gettin my hopes up this year

I always say that too, but when Sept. fever hits, it all goes out the door...

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!
                              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
                              X