X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Jim Kelly said the Bills should've sticked with JP

which I believe most people would agree. I know the situation was not well received because of vets and so on the team last year but that's what the HC is for. Most people from outside see that. Those who had a different opinion, after the past 6 month, should see the merit of that, too.

This year, I hope they stay true to their words of competition and pick the best one for the team. But once they do, they should stay with him all year.
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Re: Jim Kelly said the Bills should've sticked with JP

i agree.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Easier said than done. Kelly didn't have problems with his vets. He was a player who also took his vets' opinion seriously. It would've been interesting to see Jimbo make certain decisions if he was in the middle of last years situation.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• KMA
        Veteran Zoner
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
        http://www.niagara-gazette.com/sport...182195508.html

which I believe most people would agree. I know the situation was not well received because of vets and so on the team last year but that's what the HC is for. Most people from outside see that. Those who had a different opinion, after the past 6 month, should see the merit of that, too.

This year, I hope they stay true to their words of competition and pick the best one for the team. But once they do, they should stay with him all year.
        "The vets" = Moulds and Vincent

Comment

• MDFINFAN
          • Jun 2003

I agree with Kelly on this one, in the game against us, I could tell this guy has it. It just that he needed to be consistent, and there's no way if he's looking over his shoulders all the time that he could be. It the bills had let him go through the whole season, like the giants did with Eli once they inserted him, then this year would be a lot easier for JP. You can't look over your shoulders and expect to be come a leader on the team at the same time. The kid has up size, last year may have set him back a year.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
            I agree with Kelly on this one, in the game against us, I could tell this guy has it. It just that he needed to be consistent, and there's no way if he's looking over his shoulders all the time that he could be. It the bills had let him go through the whole season, like the giants did with Eli once they inserted him, then this year would be a lot easier for JP. You can't look over your shoulders and expect to be come a leader on the team at the same time. The kid has up size, last year may have set him back a year.
            It's sad when the Miami fans get it!!!

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
              http://www.niagara-gazette.com/sport...182195508.html

Wait a minute, you mean THE best QB EVER for ou hometown Bills says it should have been and should be now, JP's job?

dont know about you but Im thinking the final few around here with a brick wall for a brain are now sarting to crumble.

Kelly knows what the right answer is on this roster.

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jp-era
                Wait a minute, you mean THE best QB EVER for ou hometown Bills says it should have been and should be now, JP's job?

dont know about you but Im thinking the final few around here with a brick wall for a brain are now sarting to crumble.

Kelly knows what the right answer is on this roster.
                Now JPE Kelly doesnt' know anything. Many dummies around here know much more than him.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Craig Nall was brought in by Levy to compete with holdovers J.P. Losman and Kelly Holcomb for the starting quarterback job. Jauron has maintained the same stance regarding the QB situation since he started — all three men will have an equal opportunity to win the job.

Kelly’s not sure who’s going to come out on top.

“I sit there and watch those games to, and hopefully somebody will step up and be the leader we want them to be,” he said.
                  Doesn't exactly sound like a ringing endorsement for any of the three, let alone JP specifically.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

I agree about last year, I think JP should've been the man all season long no matter what.

However, that's last year.. Just because Mularkey was a total ****** as a coach doesnt' mean JP should just be handed the job for an entire season this year either. Two wrongs dont make a right.

I think there should be a fair competition at camp this year, and whoever comse out on top, THEN You stick with them for a long period of time, not four games.. And that's REGARDLESS of who wins the competition: Losman, Nall or even Holcomb. this team needs continuity at the position.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                      • Jan 2004

what i think needs to be understood is the fact the year before the team barely missed the playoffs. i think the vets were under the assumption that they were a playoff calibre team and could make the post-season... then you throw in a rookie QB who was struggles. it's simple to blame him instead of coming to terms with the fact that team and coaching staff were all terrible. it wasn't just one guy.

i can understand their frustration, not that i agree with it.

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                        Doesn't exactly sound like a ringing endorsement for any of the three, let alone JP specifically.
                        Well he gave him a ringing endorsement at the end of the year during his radio interview after the Jets game. Said we should have left him in and gave him help.

Comment

• Meathead
                          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                          • Jul 2002

once again i love that i will be the only one with this opinion, at least so far, but switching jp out at that point was the right move

what part of averaging less than 100 passing yards a game do you not understand

as a reminder, this was a team expected by everybody to be a strong contender for the division and beyond. at that point they still had a chance to salvage the season. granted, losing spikes and edwards in hindsight was too much to overcome, but recall that we were fresh off witnessing new england win with a balsa wood secondary and everybody was still firmly in the denial that they could do it. and who would we to say they couldnt

in fact, they should have done it a game sooner but wanted to see if jp would pull out of it. he didnt. yank

now if the team went into last season like we are going into this season, yeah maybe thats a no-brainer, just let him play. but when you thought you were a contenda its really tough at that point to pull out a crystal ball to show you should give up on the season

personally i am glad they at least gave the team a long-odds shot at running some wins together to get back in possible playoff positioning. weirder things have happened

my major beef with the team is not putting jp back in there at the end of the season. i think its pretty clear he could have played the last two games and should have, that was a perfect time to get him some valuable game reps and be that much closer this season

still dont know why the hell they didnt put jp in. was mularkey trying to save his hc job? did ralph say we want to try to win these games? was the team losing interest in jp? had they lost their minds?
                          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Wow, maybe you're not a meathead after all!
                            Good stuff

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Meathead
                              once again i love that i will be the only one with this opinion, at least so far, but switching jp out at that point was the right move

what part of averaging less than 100 passing yards a game do you not understand

as a reminder, this was a team expected by everybody to be a strong contender for the division and beyond. at that point they still had a chance to salvage the season. granted, losing spikes and edwards in hindsight was too much to overcome, but recall that we were fresh off witnessing new england win with a balsa wood secondary and everybody was still firmly in the denial that they could do it. and who would we to say they couldnt

in fact, they should have done it a game sooner but wanted to see if jp would pull out of it. he didnt. yank

now if the team went into last season like we are going into this season, yeah maybe thats a no-brainer, just let him play. but when you thought you were a contenda its really tough at that point to pull out a crystal ball to show you should give up on the season

personally i am glad they at least gave the team a long-odds shot at running some wins together to get back in possible playoff positioning. weirder things have happened

my major beef with the team is not putting jp back in there at the end of the season. i think its pretty clear he could have played the last two games and should have, that was a perfect time to get him some valuable game reps and be that much closer this season

still dont know why the hell they didnt put jp in. was mularkey trying to save his hc job? did ralph say we want to try to win these games? was the team losing interest in jp? had they lost their minds?
                              It was not the right move. When you take a young QB then start him you stick with him, win, lose or draw. You pull him you mess him up confidence wise.

This team had NO Shot last year. It was all Bull Crap. We went 9-7 the year before beating up on the worst teams in all of football. Hell we played the teams drafting 1-3 in the draft I believe and Miami that drafted something like 6th or so twice. Then had most weak teams at home. When push came to shove Pittsburghs BACKUPS beat us. But all of a sudden this same team is supposed to make the playoffs or field a winning record against playoff caliber teams? Uh No.

It was all BS by Tom Donahoe to get butts in the seats. The fans fell for it and so did the veterans. JP was offered up as a scape goat and thats as wrong as it can be. it just showed how pathetic this org is to do that to a young talent that does nothing but work his butt off to be better.

Comment

Working...
                              X