PDA

View Full Version : TopBacks.com Top 100 RB of all time

patmoran2006
07-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Bills got some respect in this column. I think it's fairly accurate. Top three haven't been announced yet, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out who they are. Anyway, both Thurm and Juice are in the Top 20.

http://www.topbacks.com/history/top100backs.html

Bill Brasky
07-02-2006, 09:15 PM
can't put Bo that high. Though I'd say he *might have been* one of the five best backs of all time had he stayed healthy, putting him that high based on what could have been is questionable.

chernobylwraiths
07-02-2006, 09:30 PM
Cookie in 55th after only 5 years. Just imagine what could have been if he didn't have a supersized chip on his shoulder and he didn't blow out his knee.

patmoran2006
07-02-2006, 09:33 PM
Not sure Curtis Martin should be ninth either, that seems a little high. He's always been productive but never spectacular. Not to be on the Thurman bandwagon either, but I also think he was better than Betis, who's ranked one spot ahead of him.

chernobylwraiths
07-02-2006, 09:33 PM
Bo Jackson is way too high.

Top three

3 Walter Payton
2. Barry Sanders
1. Jim Brown

At least that is how I think they will rank them.

I would flip flop Sanders and Brown

Night Train
07-03-2006, 06:21 AM
Lists like that are always so bad.

Sorry but I saw O.J. play his entire time in Buffalo. E.Smith. couldn't carry his jock on a good day. He was better than Smith,Payton and even Barry Sanders.

On pure talent, the list would be Jim Brown, O.J., Gale Sayers, Barry Sanders and Walter Payton.

Jim Brown was and still is the greatest football player ever.

Earthquake Enyart
07-03-2006, 07:21 AM
It's awful hard not to put Walter Payton first on any list.

ParanoidAndroid
07-03-2006, 11:09 AM
OJ seems to get the sentimental shaft because of his post-career misdeeds.
I don't understand Bo being that high and Thomas should be a little higher but that isn't too bad of a spot for him. Emmitt was a good one...we all know the story...and no way was he more talented than OJ, but man did he work his arse off! If I had to pick a team, I would pick Thomas ahead of Emmitt. Antoine Smith could have been an All-Pro behind Dallas' line. Where is Kenneth Davis? :) That guy could have started somewhere else and was better than many on this list!
I liked Watters but isn't that a bit high for him as well? Maybe not...I'm just not sure.
Jim Brown had amazing power and speed, but Sanders and Sweetness looked like they saw the play before it happened. If not for being a loyal Lion, Sanders would be #1, no doubt in my mind.

Mr. Cynical
07-03-2006, 11:15 AM
ROFL...Antowain Smith made this list. I stopped reading after that. Bogus list IMO.

1. Walter
2. Barry
3. Brown

Those are my top three.

Jimmy James
07-03-2006, 11:16 AM
That list is truly ridiculous. Two thumbs way down.

Patrick76777
07-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Thurman Thomas
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 191
Born: 11/25/1933
High School: Reading (PA)

wow, I thought Thurman was way younger.

His yardage stats are also all wrong.

R. Rich
07-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Jim Brown was and still is the greatest football player ever.
W/out question. For a FULLBACK to get 8 rushing titles in 9 seasons, average over 5 yards per rush for his career and to never miss a game in that time is just insane. I give Walter, Barry, and Gale all the props in the world, and they'd probably be the next 4 on my list (w/ TMEP among them), but Jim Brown dominated football when he played.