Grier to San Jose

3 years, 1.75 mil per.

Damn. Wish we kept on to him.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Grier to San Jose

don't worry the rest of the team is going to follow suit as soon as they hit their UFA

There isn't a player in the league that is going to stay with the Sabres when they finally earn their UFA rights. You can only short change, budget, and insist upon short term contracts that do not offer the player the security they deserve for the efforts we expect before the entire league takes notice and tries to avoid the Sabres like the plague.

Grier is replaceable, but he also was keepable. McKee won't be replaceable for what the Sabres are willing to spend.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

That's $250,000 per goal.

Comment

• Crisis
        • Aug 2004

Reading a stat-line doesn't make a player.

He PKs well, he was a huge physical force in the playoffs as well as the regular season, and Drury had his best season with him.

We shouldn't of short-changed Grier for what he brings, I could've lived with him for this price.
        Vanek is Austrian not European
        Originally posted by Prov401
        Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
        Originally posted by better days
        I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• SkateZilla
          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Crisis
          Reading a stat-line doesn't make a player.

He PKs well, he was a huge physical force in the playoffs as well as the regular season, and Drury had his best season with him.

We shouldn't of short-changed Grier for what he brings, I could've lived with him for this price.
          We Have Mair and Guastad to do that at like 1/5th the $$
          Skate Zilla
          -----------------------
          Skate Zilla HD Studios:
          SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Gmcc24
            • Jun 2006

Thats why nobody ends up staying in Buffalo and why free agents rarely come to buffalo because of the way they're short changed. The Sharks are giving Grier $1.75 million a year. Are the Sabres saying they couldn't have given him that? This is bull**** and I don't know whether the lack of a splash in free agency is because of Regier, Golisano's unwillingness to spend or the fact that Free agents don't want to become to Buffalo for some reason. We lost 2 key players in McKee and Grier....and Briere may be on his way out next year if the frotn office doesn't step it up. He wants a long term contract, but they gave him a one year qualifying offer. He deserves a long contract. I dunno...i'm truly pissed

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
              • Jan 2003

While I liked what Grier brought to the team, he was one of the types that definitely could be replaced at a lower salary. You can't pay guys like Grier that kind of salary when the rest of your team is getting a raise and you are trying to get guys like Miller and Briere under contract for a few more years. You have to pick and choose who you can pay and who you can't. IMO Grier was one that you couldn't but I felt McKee was one you could.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

How the tide turns. Golisano was being praised about how better of a owner he is then Ralph Wilson. When in fact he is cheaper owner then what Mr. Wilson is.

The only reason Golisano bought the Sabres is because he got them cheap. And nobody else wanted them.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                  • Jul 2002

The Sabres have more young players that can play better than Grier and that is why they let him go. Did you guys ever think that it was either him going or say, Pominville? Or maybe, Kotalik? Who would you rather lose? I for one would choose Grier. Stop looking for something yo b!tch about and let the offseason play out. If at the end of it they haven't filled the defensive hole, then there will be something to complain about. However, I'm not going to lose sleep over losing Grier or not overpaying McKee. So far, Regier has done the right thing on both accounts. Not many of you like hearing that, but it's true.

Comment

• Gmcc24
                    • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                    The Sabres have more young players that can play better than Grier and that is why they let him go. Did you guys ever think that it was either him going or say, Pominville? Or maybe, Kotalik? Who would you rather lose? I for one would choose Grier. Stop looking for something yo b!tch about and let the offseason play out. If at the end of it they haven't filled the defensive hole, then there will be something to complain about. However, I'm not going to lose sleep over losing Grier or not overpaying McKee. So far, Regier has done the right thing on both accounts. Not many of you like hearing that, but it's true.
                    wow, angry much? lol

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Gmcc24
                      wow, angry much? lol
                      Not really...why? Because I don't agree with all the b!tching? I just understand what the Sabres are doing. Give them a chance.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Jan 2004

The SABRES were going to match SJ's offer but Grier wanted to go to SJ for family reasons

Comment

• SabreEleven
                          • Aug 2002

The SABRES were going to match SJ's offer but Grier wanted to go to SJ for family reasons
                          proof? link? Have Grier on your speed dial?

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                            proof? link? Have Grier on your speed dial?
                            WGRZ ch 2 talked to him on the phone, it was on the sports tonight. Ch 2 news is on your side.
                            Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 07-04-2006, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                              • Feb 2004

That makes no sense at all....GRIER is an EAST COAST GUY......His family is from the Boston area and that were he went tos chool....WHy would he want to go out WEST..........Face it the guy never stays in 1 place at all....
                              GO Gators!!!!!!
                              GO GATORS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X