X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

If the Sabres ever won the Stanley Cup,

We wouldn't have a team the following year because we wouldn't pay the players the raises they were demanding for winning it. We got to the ECF and that is happening already.
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Re: If the Sabres ever won the Stanley Cup,

Wish everyone was like Briere
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• fushetti
      President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
      • Feb 2003

"I know what we have to do, and we're determined to give them the tools to finish the job"

A wise man once said that.

We're never winning... its over.
      "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
      Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• Gmcc24
        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by SabreEleven
        We wouldn't have a team the following year because we wouldn't pay the players the raises they were demanding for winning it. We got to the ECF and that is happening already.
        Yea..I know, this is absurd. The could have resigned Grier...he only got 1.75 million from the Sharks. Thats not much at all.....i'm kind of nervous about next year. Briere can potentially be a UFA next year, if the sabres doesn't give him something long term. I could see him walking, because he's probably seeing that the Sabres front office isn't serious about being contenders next season. We haven't even made a fart bubble in the free agency pool......which isn't all that bad because overspending isn't good, but at least go for a defenseman because we have surplus of Forwards. Maybe trade Biron for a defenseman...who knows. I expected everyone back but whatever....****, I dunno lol

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Over-reaction time already.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

It's slightly a case of over-reacting, but I think the concerns are sorta legitimate.

Let's think about this. Briere already has essentially called out the front office by saying that they need to keep this together and they haven't done that. I would think that to Briere this appears to be a case of keeping a cheap budget instead of winning. I can only imagine people like Drury and Miller might see the same thing.

I can't see any decent reason why they can't up the budget to something reasonable like 38 mil, which is still under the cap. If they don't spend the money to get a winner hear consistently, they will be losing money because of poor ticket sales. I would think that Tom G. would have seen that from this year.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Good post! Just like people have said before...Darcy Regier is the problem. He needs to go, him and his frugal ways.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                Good post! Just like people have said before...Darcy Regier is the problem. He needs to go, him and his frugal ways.
                It goes higher than Regier...you can only take so much blood from a rock.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

It goes higher than Regier...you can only take so much blood from a rock.
                  how about Larry Quinn? That's the scumbag that probably came up with that logo.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                    • Aug 2002

how about Larry Quinn? That's the scumbag that probably came up with that logo.
                    Him and Galisano....Galisano blows 70 mil to lose an election but won't spend a little cash to win a Stanley Cup.

Comment

• JD
                      Sabres Zone
                      • Sep 2003

I think Golisano is getting ready to buy the Bills... maybe thats why the logos are sort of similar?? maybe hes hinting something to us?
                      “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

Who organized last year's team?

Throwing money at all of the problems is not the solution.

People had the same over-reacting panic last year. And Darcy does not set the budget.

The problem with giving McKee even 3 million a year is that makes him the Sabres 2nd highest paid player. So that means Drury, Briere, Tallinfer, Lydman, Miller, and maybe a couple of more forwards (Dumont, Max, Hecht) will be looking for the same money if not more and for a long term as well. It is not just the salary of McKee that is the issue, but rather the salary and team structure.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

Even more interesting is that the Sabres were willing to match San Jose's offer to Greir. (Today's Buffalo news)

Comment

• Wolffman
                            • Jul 2004

You kidding me? If we win the Cup I'd be content with 5 losing seasons in a row.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                              Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                              I think Golisano is getting ready to buy the Bills... maybe thats why the logos are sort of similar?? maybe hes hinting something to us?
                              you and skooby should start the Buffalo Enquirer

Comment

Working...
                              X