PDA

View Full Version : If the Sabres ever won the Stanley Cup,

SabreEleven
07-03-2006, 03:16 PM
We wouldn't have a team the following year because we wouldn't pay the players the raises they were demanding for winning it. We got to the ECF and that is happening already.

JD
07-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Wish everyone was like Briere :sadwalk:

fushetti
07-03-2006, 04:19 PM
"I know what we have to do, and we're determined to give them the tools to finish the job"

A wise man once said that.

We're never winning... its over.

Gmcc24
We wouldn't have a team the following year because we wouldn't pay the players the raises they were demanding for winning it. We got to the ECF and that is happening already.

Yea..I know, this is absurd. The could have resigned Grier...he only got 1.75 million from the Sharks. Thats not much at all.....i'm kind of nervous about next year. Briere can potentially be a UFA next year, if the sabres doesn't give him something long term. I could see him walking, because he's probably seeing that the Sabres front office isn't serious about being contenders next season. We haven't even made a fart bubble in the free agency pool......which isn't all that bad because overspending isn't good, but at least go for a defenseman because we have surplus of Forwards. Maybe trade Biron for a defenseman...who knows. I expected everyone back but whatever....****, I dunno lol

Dr. Lecter
Over-reaction time already.

RockStar36
07-03-2006, 04:33 PM
It's slightly a case of over-reacting, but I think the concerns are sorta legitimate.

Let's think about this. Briere already has essentially called out the front office by saying that they need to keep this together and they haven't done that. I would think that to Briere this appears to be a case of keeping a cheap budget instead of winning. I can only imagine people like Drury and Miller might see the same thing.

I can't see any decent reason why they can't up the budget to something reasonable like 38 mil, which is still under the cap. If they don't spend the money to get a winner hear consistently, they will be losing money because of poor ticket sales. I would think that Tom G. would have seen that from this year.

Michael82
07-03-2006, 06:07 PM
Good post! Just like people have said before...Darcy Regier is the problem. He needs to go, him and his frugal ways. :sigh:

SabreEleven
07-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Good post! Just like people have said before...Darcy Regier is the problem. He needs to go, him and his frugal ways. :sigh:

It goes higher than Regier...you can only take so much blood from a rock.

Michael82
07-03-2006, 06:52 PM
how about Larry Quinn? That's the scumbag that probably came up with that logo. :ill:

SabreEleven
07-03-2006, 07:01 PM
how about Larry Quinn? That's the scumbag that probably came up with that logo. :ill:

Him and Galisano....Galisano blows 70 mil to lose an election but won't spend a little cash to win a Stanley Cup.

JD
07-03-2006, 08:06 PM
I think Golisano is getting ready to buy the Bills... maybe thats why the logos are sort of similar?? maybe hes hinting something to us?

Dr. Lecter
07-04-2006, 09:42 AM

Who organized last year's team?

Throwing money at all of the problems is not the solution.

People had the same over-reacting panic last year. And Darcy does not set the budget.

The problem with giving McKee even 3 million a year is that makes him the Sabres 2nd highest paid player. So that means Drury, Briere, Tallinfer, Lydman, Miller, and maybe a couple of more forwards (Dumont, Max, Hecht) will be looking for the same money if not more and for a long term as well. It is not just the salary of McKee that is the issue, but rather the salary and team structure.

Dr. Lecter
07-04-2006, 10:59 AM
Even more interesting is that the Sabres were willing to match San Jose's offer to Greir. (Today's Buffalo news)

Wolffman
07-04-2006, 06:42 PM

You kidding me? If we win the Cup I'd be content with 5 losing seasons in a row.

Bill Brasky
07-04-2006, 09:30 PM
I think Golisano is getting ready to buy the Bills... maybe thats why the logos are sort of similar?? maybe hes hinting something to us?

you and skooby should start the Buffalo Enquirer

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-04-2006, 10:20 PM

huh! :confused: