PDA

View Full Version : Is Jake Plummer ready to be a savior?

northernbillfan
02-18-2003, 03:34 AM
Among the free agent quarterbacks that could be available at the start of the free agency period, Jake Plummer is often mentioned as a potential quarterback for teams looking for a starter, such as the Broncos, Bears, Ravens and Cowboys.
Although Plummer likely has a future as a NFL quarterback for the next five to ten years, the question is -- why are teams salivating over a quarterback who has, so far, had a sub-par career? Do they really think he can lead them to the playoffs.

Here are some facts that teams should not overlook.

* During the past three seasons, Plummer's record as a starter is 15-31.

* In his NFL career, Plummer has averaged 1.39 interceptions per game. He has only had two seasons that he did not throw 20 interceptions, and one of those was his rookie year.

* Successful NFL quarterbacks average about 7.0 yards per pass attempt. Plummer has exceeded 6.8 yards per attempt only three out of six seasons.

More (http://www.esportsmediagroup.com/e-sports/articles/1,1090,46--14684--1-2,00.html)

The_Philster
02-18-2003, 05:11 AM
I think he can be a solid but not spectacular player given the right surrounding cast. The problem in Arizona was that he tried to carry too much of the load.

Fatwhite02
02-18-2003, 01:44 PM
Out here in Colorado, everyone is making it a done deal that he'll sign with the Broncos and take them back to the playoffs. I DONT THINK SO

MissBuffalo
02-18-2003, 09:09 PM
I agree Fatwhite. I'm not sold on him just yet. He did have that flash of a good season a few years back, but I'm thinking that's all he's good for. Who knows, maybe he'll prove me wrong on a better team.

HotRod
02-22-2003, 09:19 AM
I was talking to a couple Bronco fans yesterday, and they were all excited about Plummer. They pretty much consider it a "done deal" too. I guess I haven't read anything that would make me believe it.... unless they are doing some serious "wishful hoping". (Like we are in a few cases, ie. Spikes)

SABURZFAN
02-22-2003, 08:12 PM
i don't think that plummer is that good.