Marino at his best, JP last year. Who was better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Marino at his best, JP last year. Who was better?

Seems like a simple question yes? Ok, Peyton Manning at his best, JP last year. Who is better?

Marino saw one superbowl in his 2nd year and at his BEST, never sniffed one again.

Peyton is nearly peaking right now, still hasn't sniffed one.

Where am I going with this? Look at EVERY team to make it to, or win a superbowl. the TEAMS were damn good. Many GREAT QB's never succeeded even getting there and some (Jim Kelly) never won it. Why? the TEAMS werent good enough, even though the QB was.

But at ton of you rip on JP. See the damn media has pushed this so much thats all some of you can spew. 'You only go as far as the QB takes you'. Really? Tell the Ravens that.

Kurt Warner. Talk about God Blessing you!. Arena ball guy, out of football sacking groceries at some market some where. played World league ball, Booted from the Green Bay roster. Trent Green gets hurt, he steps into the best situation in football. Great OL, the best back in football, all pro WR corp, Damn good defense, great coaching. Slinging the ball in a system most havent seen thanks to martz genius (and yeah as an OC for awhile he was a genius). Teams then catch on, St. Louis loses a ton of talent, Warner is gone. Went to a lesser team (NYG) and sucked. Now he is in arizona for about 1 more season till they hand the reigns to lienart.

Is warner the story of a great QB gone south, or an above average QB on a great team. Its the latter.

Fans are pissed, and so were some self centered veterans, that JP apperantly cost this great team a playoff spot. NFLN, ESPN, CBS, FOX Everyone said we were the next 'Pittsburgh'. Great Defense, Great running game blah blah blah. All JP had to do was 'manage' the game. Thats great, except for one thing...the team SUCKED! We went 9-7 against crap teams in 04 and everyone knew it. But fans said 'Hey, so what? we cant control who we play'. Some of us said 'yeah but we got our asses kicked against pittsburghs BACKUPS And it will bite us at some point'. Guess what? We got bit in 05. Further proof of that statement? How many veterans were cut this offseason or just allowed to walk? right there is your answer.

JP Losman is a damn good kid, and a damn good talent. Had he been drafted by a team with thier **** together, he would be doing just fine by now. But instead he is still ripped by fans not smart enough, nor adult enough, to be willing to say...'I fell for it'. I fell for the Tom Donahoe BS. It never was good enough. From day one TD picked wrong coaches, wrong players etc. He went for moves to put butts in the seats instead of winning football. I guess he forgot that WINNING above all else sells tickets. And now he is out of a job.

Bottom line on this and its FACT, and nothing will change it, Unless this TEAM gets better, I don't give a damn if we had Peyton manning, Palmer, Brees, Cullpepper, Delhome, or whomever, it just won't matter. ANY QB playing from behind most of the game, loses more often than not. ANY QB with no protection fails. ANY QB with crap playcalling that causes the offense to lose faith in the OC Fails. Am I saying we dont' need talent? No, JP Needs to be the guy because guys like Holcomb, etc are backups for a reason. You must still have some talent at the QB position. What I am saying is the TEAM is the thing.

So get off of JP's back and let the kid have this season to see what HE can do. He needs the reps, no getting around that. No QB succeeds without them. But unless Marv and DJ can get the team shored up, all thats going to happen is in about 08 or so, some other team may get themselfs a hell of a QB...and the Bills will be even further behind.
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: Marino at his best, JP last year. Who was better?

great post.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

I fell for the Tom Donahoe BS. It never was good enough. From day one TD picked wrong coaches, wrong players etc. He went for moves to put butts in the seats instead of winning football. I guess he forgot that WINNING above all else sells tickets.
      And what makes you think that JP isn't just another example of TD's "BS", another "wrong player", or another move to just put "butts in the seats"?
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Bill Brasky
        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
        We went 9-7 against crap teams in 04 and everyone knew it. But fans said 'Hey, so what? we cant control who we play'. Some of us said 'yeah but we got our asses kicked against pittsburghs BACKUPS And it will bite us at some point'. Guess what? We got bit in 05.
        What is the world coming to when ICE provides logic that half this place has still yet to comprehend.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Here's some logic, if the team around JP would make JP better, wouldn't it then also make KH better?

Comment

• Bill Brasky
            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
            Here's some logic, if the team around JP would make JP better, wouldn't it then also make KH better?
            JP is in his early-mid 20's... Holcomb is near the end of his career.

Comment

• PcA125
              • May 2006

Cheers!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

ICe,

I fully believe in JP, will he have the supporting staff? I hope.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                  • Mar 2004

I remember when we had a good to great defense and we thought Jay Fielder was good enough to win enough games to get us to the post season and beyond. Even when we added that final piece in Ricky WIlliams, but unfortunately nothing really happened. Also, maybe I missed something since I've drank a few, but the gist is that a team will do well, if they have a lot of really good players surrounding the QB right?

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka

great post.

Thanks T

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                      And what makes you think that JP isn't just another example of TD's "BS", another "wrong player", or another move to just put "butts in the seats"?
                      Because many outside the org rated him high, in fact TWO other teams flat planned on taking him in the first as well. With Willis we got the 'WTF' response. Only oakland picking about 30th or so was even thinking of him in the first.

JP also has a great attitude and is putting in all the work and effort he can to be the leader and QB of this team. A trait that so far has not been seen in many of TD's draft picks.

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
                        I remember when we had a good to great defense and we thought Jay Fielder was good enough to win enough games to get us to the post season and beyond. Even when we added that final piece in Ricky WIlliams, but unfortunately nothing really happened. Also, maybe I missed something since I've drank a few, but the gist is that a team will do well, if they have a lot of really good players surrounding the QB right?
                        I thought Fiedler had a good shot as well. Problem is, like Buffalo, you have crap for an OL. You can't keep putting guys like Jamie Nails on the OL thinking you are building a good OL. You also had holes in your Defense that showed as well.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Except for TDummy, I don't think anyone is blasting Jp's talent. It's the mental part of his game that has yet to show that he has what it takes.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            Except for TDummy, I don't think anyone is blasting Jp's talent. It's the mental part of his game that has yet to show that he has what it takes.
                            Actually TDummy hasn't ever blasted JPs talent. He's blasted JPs play.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                              Actually TDummy hasn't ever blasted JPs talent. He's blasted JPs play.

You sure fooled everyone here.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X