PDA

View Full Version : Reasons we are top 5 in the NFL!

Mitchy moo
07-04-2006, 01:40 AM
I stopped reading articles written by the Experts in 1982 and some of you should do the same.

Buffalo has a top 5 running back in Willis McGahee, is loaded at wide receiver and has experinced players
on defense plus one of the best secondarys in the NFL.

Special teams are first rate! Roscoe on Punt returns and McGee on kickoffs and a reliable Rian Lindell

Nate had an off season and will return to form with Takeo Spikes

Losman is not a question mark as the experts suggest....he is right on schedule!

The Bills added speed to the Offensive line and released Mike Wiliams and Bennie Anderson
and many of you said the OL was the key! THE BILLS ALSO acquired one of the top blocking Tight Ends in Football...I see
some big holes!

I rate Buffalo in the Top 5 in the National Football League and none of you guys can convience me otherwise!

THE EXPERTS HAVE TURNED QUESTION MARKS INTO NEGATIVES....... I say they are not question marks at all!

Buffalo may add a player or two to defense when the final cuts are announced....or look for another Lawyer
Miloy deal before the first regular season game!

No, I do not do drugs.....I put NO trust in the experts.
Some of you guys surf the web for Predictions and write your threads and buy your tickets accordingly....I gave that up in 1987!

You guys put way to much trust in guys that Predicted the Colts and the Eagles in the Superbowl and ignored teams like
Chicago and Pittsburg!
While Atlanta, San Diego and the Eagles were getting all the press.....many teams were running away with the league last year and I predict BUFFALO will be this years Chicago...only better!

Bill Brasky
07-04-2006, 03:32 AM
I stopped reading articles written by the Experts in 1982 and some of you should do the same.

Some of you guys surf the web for Predictions and write your threads and buy your tickets accordingly....I gave that up in 1987!

If you don't read what the experts have to say, then how do you know what they are saying?

:rofl:

Tinboy
07-04-2006, 05:03 AM
Where you even born 1982?

SquishDaFish
07-04-2006, 05:17 AM
Wow I love my Bills but even I know they are not top 5. I hope they could do something and upset people this year but I know they are not top 5 right now.

Historian
07-04-2006, 06:35 AM
Where you even born 1982?

Ironically, that's the year that Sport magazine predicted the Bills would win it all.

We were 2-0 with victories against the Chiefs and Vikings, and on the way...then the strike hit for seven weeks. The Bills came back out of shape, and didn't even make the playoffs.

To be honest, it's nice to see some optimism around here, and Scooby makes a few good points:

Special teams are very much in tact.
A healthy TKO can only help the D.
And the O line has been overhauled.

I think they're going to be very fundamentally sound, and play a lot of close games.

I don't think they're a top 5 team, but I think that anyone who takes them lightly is going to bet spanked.

BillsFever21
07-04-2006, 09:39 AM
If you don't read what the experts have to say, then how do you know what they are saying?

:rofl:

:roflmao:

BillsFever21
07-04-2006, 09:42 AM

Buffalo has a top 5 running back in Willis McGahee, is loaded at wide receiver and has experinced players

Special teams are first rate! Roscoe on Punt returns and McGee on kickoffs and a reliable Rian Lindell

Losman is not a question mark as the experts suggest....he is right on schedule!

The Bills added speed to the Offensive line and released Mike Wiliams and Bennie Anderson
and many of you said the OL was the key! THE BILLS ALSO acquired one of the top blocking Tight Ends in Football...I see
some big holes!

I rate Buffalo in the Top 5 in the National Football League and none of you guys can convience me otherwise!

THE EXPERTS HAVE TURNED QUESTION MARKS INTO NEGATIVES....... I say they are not question marks at all!

Buffalo may add a player or two to defense when the final cuts are announced....or look for another Lawyer

You guys put way to much trust in guys that Predicted the Colts and the Eagles in the Superbowl and ignored teams like
Chicago and Pittsburg!
While Atlanta, San Diego and the Eagles were getting all the press.....many teams were running away with the league last year and I predict BUFFALO will be this years Chicago...only better!

Loaded at WR? How is that? A bunch of backups who has either never done anything or hasn't done anything in years outside of Evans is "loaded at WR"?

One of the best secondarys in the league? Umm, ok.

Top 5 RB in McGahee?

Children, listening to Skooby should give you all the incentive in the world to never start smoking crack.

justasportsfan
07-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Skoobs, you are the reason why OP thinks this board is full of homers. What he fails to see is that you don't speak on behalf of the entire BZ.

BuffaloBillsStampede
07-04-2006, 11:03 AM
Man I wish I had that outlook on things, but our WR's are anything but loaded besides Evans. McGahee has the potential to be a top 5 back but as of right now he is most certainly not that. The OL is much better while the DL is full of questions. The DB's can be outstanding assuming Nate decides he doesn't mind playing for the Bills. I have very high expectations of Whitner starting this year. I have every confidence in JP that he will be a very nice surprise around the league this year and make all those losers on ESPN that don't watch any Bill's games put their foot in the mouth. The LB's are getting old and Takeo is coming off a huge injury. but I wouldn't trade him for anyone in the NFL. Overall I am glad they put us so low because when we finish 8-8 this year and JP looks like a new man they can all kiss our asses.

HAMMER
07-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Puff, Puff, Give.

jamze132
07-04-2006, 12:38 PM
A Top 5 team in the NFL or Pop Warner?

Meathead
07-04-2006, 12:53 PM
the truth is you can pick about three teams out of the league that have zero chance to make the playoffs and even fewer that are virtual locks for the postseaon but literally every other team in todays nfl has a legitimate shot

we've seen all the data, how every season there are mostly new teams in the playoffs, how the last years sb participants usually (and before the pat almost always) miss the playoffs completely, and how every year there are at least three teams that come from the basement to win their division

we all still think of the nfl like it was a decade ago when teams would follow a 3-4 year pattern they were stuck in, but now with free agency and the salcap literally almost every team is a contender

the bills certainly have enough talent to be an 8-8 team right now on average. with some luck they could be 10-6 or bad luck makes them 6-10

but if one of the qbs breaks out and plays better than the "solid" we get from holcomb that could make all the difference in the world

Mr. Pink
07-04-2006, 01:12 PM
the truth is you can pick about three teams out of the league that have zero chance to make the playoffs and even fewer that are virtual locks for the postseaon but literally every other team in todays nfl has a legitimate shot

we've seen all the data, how every season there are mostly new teams in the playoffs, how the last years sb participants usually (and before the pat almost always) miss the playoffs completely, and how every year there are at least three teams that come from the basement to win their division

we all still think of the nfl like it was a decade ago when teams would follow a 3-4 year pattern they were stuck in, but now with free agency and the salcap literally almost every team is a contender

the bills certainly have enough talent to be an 8-8 team right now on average. with some luck they could be 10-6 or bad luck makes them 6-10

but if one of the qbs breaks out and plays better than the "solid" we get from holcomb that could make all the difference in the world

And what makes the Bills better than these "3 squads" and who are they?

!Papacrunk!
07-04-2006, 01:19 PM
The experts are usually wrong, until they say something positive, then they are usually dead on. Skooby, I'm not necessarilly disagreeing that Royals is not "one of the top blocking te's in the league," but will you please give a detailed account on why he is? Also, you cannot use any outside source, ie ESPN, SI, etc to form this answer. Please? I'm trying to further my own knowledge and I would like to add this tidbit to my quest. Oh, and since I have no life and I have the tendancies to be an a-hole, please give detailed answers to how you came to your above proclamations.

BillsFever21
07-04-2006, 02:28 PM
And what makes the Bills better than these "3 squads" and who are they?

For the last 5 years we have heard from the very same people that the Bills could make the playoffs.

Their explanation was that other teams have been able to come from the basement and make the playoffs so we should be able to.

The fact is that we were a 5-11 team last season and have even less proven talent this season. We will be lucky to copy last years record.

With an easier schedule we might be able to hit 6 wins but I wouldn't expect anymore then that.

Meathead
07-04-2006, 03:13 PM
sorry dudes if you already cant pick out the three teams clearly in worse shape than the bills you arent going to listen to a word i say anyway

Drive 4 Five
07-04-2006, 04:51 PM
Skooby why are you changing your tune all of a sudden? All we heard from you all offseason was how the Bills were the worst franchise ever, wishing Ralph Wilson would sell the team or die, you talked **** about every personnel aqusition we made and now this? What gives?

Ok boys. Let's help Skooby get to 50,000 NEG REP. Whose with me?

Bill Brasky
07-04-2006, 04:56 PM
Puff, Puff, Give.
DAMN RIGHT :smoke:

TigerJ
07-04-2006, 07:36 PM
I weigh what experts say and then formulate my own opinion.

Mr. Pink
07-04-2006, 08:44 PM
sorry dudes if you already cant pick out the three teams clearly in worse shape than the bills you arent going to listen to a word i say anyway

The worst team in the NFL last year, the Houston Texans, have a plethora of more talent than the Bills. And if Mario Williams can aid their pass rush will surprise teams.

The 9ers are about equal in talent to us in terms of just outright putridness. They have a young QB with potential who's shown nothing on the field as well. Our defense is a little better than theirs though.

The Jets are one year removed from the playoffs and if C-Mart stays healthy are better than the Bills. The Jets two years ago were better than the Bills and lost their starting QB and RB and didn't do much worse than us.

The Lions are another team that you can look at with the same blind optimism as us with the bills. All kinds of offensive weapons no QB.

The Titans are also not too far removed from being a good team, their question mark is at QB and health of their RBs, and they have plenty of "good young receivers" too.

The Raiders have Randy Moss....as long as he stays healthy, that alone makes them better than us. They have a bonafied superstar, our closest thing to a superstar is our punter.

So you name me which teams we're better than and why....I can go further in detail than this on every team....like I said, we're at best a 5-11 team BUT at least that will be with rookies who can get experience than a bunch of old hasbeens. The only team I'll give you that we're better than is the 9ers, because they have absolutely no defense and a young QB that is even worse than JP. Oh yeah, and their running game leaves a little to be desired, but it's hard to establish the run when you're playing from down 20 half the time.

BuffaloBillsStampede
07-04-2006, 10:02 PM
When I read that the 49ers have as much talent as us on that roster I know that the person who said it is just drunk and just isn't thinking correctly. The 49ers have nothing on their roster worth a **** besides the two rookies they got. Alex Smith was sooooo bad last year yet all you hear is he has a lot of potential, but when it comes to JP he just plain sucks right? I don't want to hear that JP wasn't a rookie because for all intensive purposes he was. What do the 49ers have at WR? RB? ANYWHERE?

ublinkwescore
07-05-2006, 01:49 AM
Skooby why are you changing your tune all of a sudden? All we heard from you all offseason was how the Bills were the worst franchise ever, wishing Ralph Wilson would sell the team or die, you talked **** about every personnel aqusition we made and now this? What gives?

Ok boys. Let's help Skooby get to 50,000 NEG REP. Whose with me?

I'm all for that with Tackling dummy...

but it's not like anyone here who is in the negative really cares about their rep...

Meathead
07-05-2006, 05:52 AM
When I read that the 49ers have as much talent as us on that roster I know that the person who said it is just drunk and just isn't thinking correctly.
right

and since we were talking about teams that have any shot whatsoever at the playoffs that would clearly excluse the niners, titans, and jets. not that they dont have talent but its very very young and a roster full of 1st/2nd year players may fill the hof in ten years but it aint gonna win you games today

if anyone thinks those three teams arent far behind the bills in terms of contending for this seasons playoffs then allow me to welcome you to crazyworld

!Papacrunk!
07-05-2006, 07:20 AM
When I read that the 49ers have as much talent as us on that roster I know that the person who said it is just drunk and just isn't thinking correctly. The 49ers have nothing on their roster worth a **** besides the two rookies they got. Alex Smith was sooooo bad last year yet all you hear is he has a lot of potential, but when it comes to JP he just plain sucks right? I don't want to hear that JP wasn't a rookie because for all intensive purposes he was. What do the 49ers have at WR? RB? ANYWHERE? I found a 49ers message board, and on it there were some similarities to this board. Optimists--some predicting 10-6 for their team, and the people that will shoot them down or try to be realistic. So I guess it goes to show that everyone has high hopes for their teams, which of course is nothing earth shattering, but at least it gives a perspective.

Mr. Pink
07-05-2006, 09:20 AM
When I read that the 49ers have as much talent as us on that roster I know that the person who said it is just drunk and just isn't thinking correctly. The 49ers have nothing on their roster worth a **** besides the two rookies they got. Alex Smith was sooooo bad last year yet all you hear is he has a lot of potential, but when it comes to JP he just plain sucks right? I don't want to hear that JP wasn't a rookie because for all intensive purposes he was. What do the 49ers have at WR? RB? ANYWHERE?

The 49ers are just as good as the we are at QB with Smith and Dilfer as we are with Losman and Holcomb. Smith-Losman is a push in futility right now and Dilfer is a FAR better QB than Holcomb.

Kevan Barlow is no slouch at running back, and no he's not better than Willis, but he's not terrible either. Backup Shaud Williams vs Frank Gore, Frank Gore when healthy in a landslide.

WR Antonio Bryant who had 1000 yards receiving last year on the Browns as a 1, vs Lee Evans who's never been a 1. At least Bryant has shown he can be the 1st option at WR and has just as much pure talent as Evans. After the 1s on both teams, a bunch of garbage and guys who no one really cares about if you go outside the respective cities.

Offensive Line is no contest, SF has us beat there easily. Kwame Harris, Larry Allen, Jonas Jennings, Jeremy Newberry.

D-line...a push on futility sans one player for both teams. Schobel here, Bryant Young there.

LBers is obviously Buffalo without question.

Secondary....The Niners have only one guy in their secondary I'd rather have over someone here....Walt Harris as a nickle corner, other than that...Parrish is about their only good player.

Special Teams is obviously Buffalo, it's our brightest spot.

So as you can see, the Bills aren't "light years" ahead of the 49ers. They're more or less equal with a game or two going either way. But I'm drunk for pointing out realism, right?

OpIv37
07-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Skoobs, you are the reason why OP thinks this board is full of homers. What he fails to see is that you don't speak on behalf of the entire BZ.

leave me out of this- I'm smart enough to know that Skooby doesn't represent anyone except his own fantasy world.

You wouldn't get off my back in that thread about how good our draft supposedly is- that wasn't Skooby, it was someone else. If you want to criticize the content of my posts, fine- that's fair game. But don't make faulty assumptions about me even as you refute those assumptions with your own posts.

HHURRICANE
07-05-2006, 09:28 AM
Please, we are not as bad as the 49'rs. With that said we are pretty bad. Let's hope for an encouraging 7-9 season with a starting QB coming out of this season. Whether its JP or Brady Quinn. The team is rebuilding, PERIOD.

Skooby, just say no!!

BuffaloBillsStampede
07-05-2006, 09:31 AM
What did Alex Smith do last year to suggest to anyone that he will have a bright future in thsi league? If I missed that game then I will stick my foot in my mouth, but I don;t understand how a quarterback like him that did nothing but throw picks when he started has a lot of potential and a quarterback that threw just as many TDs as picks sucks. I think Buffalo gets a raw deal a lot from the media and fans of other teams just because nobody watches the games unless you are a Bills fan or a fan of the team they are up against. I would take JP in a heartbeat over Alex Smith. Kevin Barlow will be passed by Frank Gore this year as the number 1 I bet. The 49ers are the only team in the league that I would say have no shot at the playoffs.

Mr. Pink
07-05-2006, 09:39 AM
right

and since we were talking about teams that have any shot whatsoever at the playoffs that would clearly excluse the niners, titans, and jets. not that they dont have talent but its very very young and a roster full of 1st/2nd year players may fill the hof in ten years but it aint gonna win you games today

if anyone thinks those three teams arent far behind the bills in terms of contending for this seasons playoffs then allow me to welcome you to crazyworld

How are the Bills in any better position for qualifying for the playoffs than any of these teams? I'd love to know....

The Jets at almost every position are deeper and more talented then we are. Losman vs Pennington, I'll take noodle arm over the guy who can't throw a 7 yard out. C-Mart and Derrick Blaylock vs McGahee and Shaud/A-train/Gates, C-Mart is the most underrated back in the NFL. Coles-McCareins-Cotchery-Dwight vs Lee Evans and question marks, tough choice there, Jets. O-line, if you even attempt to argue we have a better o-line then them you're high. As well as D-line. Linebackers, Vilma vs Fletch, I'm taking Vilma every day of the week and twice on sunday. Barton vs Crowell is a push, And Spikes beats out the other stiff. Secondary...I'd take Dyson over anyone we have, after that, the Jets don't look so good. And again, the Bills have one of the best special teams in the league if not the best.
Coaching-Jets

I already went over SF. Coaching=Buffalo because of Bobby April.

The titans...Vince Young/JP Push. Volek/KH Volek. RBs I'll take McGahee, but the Titans aren't bad at this position. WRs, Drew Bennett, David Givens, Tyrone Calico vs Lee Evans? Tough choice, Titans. O-line Kevin Mawae and a bunch of stiffs vs Jason Peters and a bunch of stiffs, Mawae and stiffs win.
D-line VandenBosch is better than anyone we have....but as a unit the Titans suck just as bad as us. LBers, Keith Bullock is Takeo Spikes pre injury but the lack of help at the other 2 spots puts buffalo ahead. Secondary is Buffalo without question. Special teams, again no contest. Coaching Titans.

Mr. Pink
07-05-2006, 09:41 AM
What did Alex Smith do last year to suggest to anyone that he will have a bright future in thsi league? If I missed that game then I will stick my foot in my mouth, but I don;t understand how a quarterback like him that did nothing but throw picks when he started has a lot of potential and a quarterback that threw just as many TDs as picks sucks. I think Buffalo gets a raw deal a lot from the media and fans of other teams just because nobody watches the games unless you are a Bills fan or a fan of the team they are up against. I would take JP in a heartbeat over Alex Smith. Kevin Barlow will be passed by Frank Gore this year as the number 1 I bet. The 49ers are the only team in the league that I would say have no shot at the playoffs.

And what did JP Losman do last year to suggest he'd have a bright future in this league? Same thing as Smith, nothing. Both teams are running off the hopes that a 2nd year NFL player can improve upon dismal seasons to lead their respective teams, which was exactly my point about the QB position.

justasportsfan
07-05-2006, 10:27 AM
leave me out of this- I'm smart enough to know that Skooby doesn't represent anyone except his own fantasy world.

You wouldn't get off my back in that thread about how good our draft supposedly is- that wasn't Skooby, it was someone else. If you want to criticize the content of my posts, fine- that's fair game. But don't make faulty assumptions about me even as you refute those assumptions with your own posts.Agreed. Just trying to make a point that one shouldn't generalize by saying "BZ logic". You have failed to point out that majority of BZ posters are homers. Some people who think that the bills can do no wrong can be counted with less than your fingers. That isn't a majority therefore is not the sentiment of the board. :up:

BuffaloBillsStampede
07-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Did you watch the KC game? the Houston game? the Miami game? yes we lost the Miami game, but you can't argue with 3 TD's in the 1st. He absolutely showed signs, and I don't see how anyone can argue that. Smith threw I think 8 picks before 1 TD.

Mitchy moo
07-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Our O-line sucked last year and TKO (our best d player got hurt). You cannot easily replace those 2 things. There a few games that we could of won:

Sep 25 - Atlanta - L (16-24)
Nov 27 - Carolina - L (9-13)
Dec 4 - at Miami - L (23-24)
Jan 1 - at N.Y. Jets - L (26-30)
Oct 30 - at New England - L (16-21)

We we're well in all those games and a play or two different and we would have been a playoff team even w/ terrible coaching. We had no set starting QB and lot's a questions.

A few more suprise wins as well:

Dec 24 - at Cincinnati - W (37-27) How many of you expected that?
Nov 13 - Kansas City - W (14-3) Wow, a great Defensive effort.

You guys can say I am on drugs, running way out of bounds and don't speak for the BZ well I am speaking for myself. Teams that find ways to win become better teams during that year. Can anyone say that Willis ran his heart out at any point in the second half of last season? NO. He is going to run like the wind this year, it's his contract year and he knows it. He came into camp already looking svelte, plan on him running. Our O-line looks to have improved as well and if we can just keep one TE healthy all season, count that as a big help. The D looks intact and our special teams is second to none really. If we keep them deep and play hard on D- we have a chance.

A few plays here, a easier schedule, ya we have a shot.

Mr. Pink
07-05-2006, 11:27 AM
From your signs....that equals KC-2 drives. Miami-1 half. Houston-1 half...Alex Smith played two "decent" games all year, they just happened to be his last two games, not a few quarters here and there.

See, generally people who progress get better as they go, not throw a sprinkle here and a sprinkle there. JP had easily his worse game as a Bill in his last start of the season vs a very suspect Pats pass defense.

Mr. Pink
07-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Our O-line sucked last year and TKO (our best d player got hurt). You cannot easily replace those 2 things. There a few games that we could of won:

You forget Skoob....TKO played most of the ATL game.

Mitchy moo
07-05-2006, 11:32 AM
You forget Skoob....TKO played most of the ATL game.

If he played all year, we might have had a better record.

Mr. Pink
07-05-2006, 11:36 AM
If he played all year, me might have had a better record.

And if we had more consistent QB play....
And if we still woulda had Pat Williams....
And if the o-line didn't look like swiss cheese....
And if McGahee didn't go into cruise control after proclaiming he was the best back in the NFL....
And if we didn't have horrible playcalling...ETC ETC ETC

Mitchy moo
07-05-2006, 11:41 AM
And if we had more consistent QB play....
And if we still woulda had Pat Williams....
And if the o-line didn't look like swiss cheese....
And if McGahee didn't go into cruise control after proclaiming he was the best back in the NFL....
And if we didn't have horrible playcalling...ETC ETC ETC

1. I think JP gets "it" this year, so problem should be solved see:http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=102583
2. F- Pat Williams
3. O-line a work in progress and should be better this year (couldn't of been much worse)
4. WM is in a contract year, cruise control not an option
5. Old coaching staff is gone and fairchild doesn't seem like a triple reverse type guy.

streetkings01
07-05-2006, 11:52 AM
funny how Slammer from the buffalobills.com message board posted this same thread on July 3 and then you post it. Now either you are the Slammer or you are stealing other people threads and passing them off as yours. So which one is it?

http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=138165

OpIv37
07-05-2006, 11:59 AM
If he played all year, we might have had a better record.

one LB does not turn a 5-11 team into a winning one by himself. Losing Spikes hurt, but last year's squad was destined for failure with or without him.

Don't forget that Spikes may not ever regain his true form, and that the OL has lots of questions again this year.

Some of Marv's moves seem to be pushing this team in the right direction, but even justasportsfan will agree with me that trying to rebuild a 5-11 team into a playoff team in one off-season isn't too likely.

Sorry, but there is simply no justification for calling the Bills Top 5 in the league.

justasportsfan
07-05-2006, 12:11 PM
but even justasportsfan will agree with me that trying to rebuild a 5-11 team into a playoff team in one off-season isn't too likely.

.Leave me out of this :mad:

JK.

Sorry, but there is simply no justification for calling the Bills Top 5 in the league.not even top 20. Too many question marks. Maybe a miracle could bring us to 9-7 just like Mularkeys 1st year but I doubt it. The fins have improved and I doubt we can beat the Pats yet. We'll be lucky to go .500 in the division alone. Weirder things have happened though.

Mitchy moo
07-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Leave me out of this :mad:

JK.

not even top 20. Too many question marks. Maybe a miracle could bring us to 9-7 just like Mularkeys 1st year but I doubt it. The fins have improved and I doubt we can beat the Pats yet. We'll be lucky to go .500 in the division alone. Weirder things have happened though.

Your in Justa!

bledslow
07-06-2006, 01:47 PM

some big holes!

Chicago and Pittsburg!

(For the record,there are some experts that are right you know).

willis mcgahee s_ucks--he flat out s_ucks-PERIOD.

jp losman-should be mowing lawns for a living,this dope has no business being in the nfl-NUFF SAID.

EVANS is a very solid receiver(not great),but he is very average without a eric moulds lined up on the same field with him,so he can have less attention on him.

Spikes is one of the most overrated nfl players of all time,and suffered a real bad injury no-less--a guy like rodney harrison suffered a similar injury BUT will probably be back at full strength because he simply has more heart and dedication then spikes.spikes is a guy who whined and cried to get out of cinn. -Next thing you know,cinn becomes one of the best teams in the nfl,and spikes brings his losing ways to buffalo. And when spikes was healthy,it's not like buffalo was making the playoffs anyways.

Buf does have some strong points like schobell(sp), holcomb,the punter, and clements--they just gotta build around these guys and CUT the whinning crap(spikes. mcgahee,ect).

BillsFever21
07-07-2006, 08:43 AM

Nov 27 - Carolina - L (9-13)
Dec 4 - at Miami - L (23-24)
Jan 1 - at N.Y. Jets - L (26-30)
Oct 30 - at New England - L (16-21)

We we're well in all those games and a play or two different and we would have been a playoff team even w/ terrible coaching. We had no set starting QB and lot's a questions.

A few more suprise wins as well:

Dec 24 - at Cincinnati - W (37-27) How many of you expected that?
Nov 13 - Kansas City - W (14-3) Wow, a great Defensive effort.

You guys can say I am on drugs, running way out of bounds and don't speak for the BZ well I am speaking for myself. Teams that find ways to win become better teams during that year. Can anyone say that Willis ran his heart out at any point in the second half of last season? NO. He is going to run like the wind this year, it's his contract year and he knows it. He came into camp already looking svelte, plan on him running. Our O-line looks to have improved as well and if we can just keep one TE healthy all season, count that as a big help. The D looks intact and our special teams is second to none really. If we keep them deep and play hard on D- we have a chance.

A few plays here, a easier schedule, ya we have a shot.

Every losing team in the NFL can point out at least 5 games they could've won and if they won them games their record would be this and that.

They didn't win them games because they wern't good enough. Your record is what it is. No team gets their asses handed to them every week. Of course you will be in close games that you will lose. Every team has them.

finsrclowns
07-07-2006, 09:15 AM

We might have a top 5 special teams unit. And a top 5 punter. But a top 5 team?:candle: