#2: Will the Tight Ends Be More Involved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

#2: Will the Tight Ends Be More Involved?

It was almost too hard to believe last season. A head coach who was a former NFL tight end and heavily involved in the team's play calling did not appear to include tight ends in the passing game.
    In addition former Bills head coach Mike Mularkey had a young quarterback to start the season. Oftentimes a tight end is a confidence-building option in the passing game because it's usually a high percentage throw for positive yardage.
    Jim Kelly often said that when he was in a slump or struggling the first person he would look for was Pete Metzelaars, feeling a few passes to the tight end could get him back into a rhythm. more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: #2: Will the Tight Ends Be More Involved?

Let's face it. Mularkey was a moron. I think Jauron and Fairchild realize what a good pass catching TE will do for a young QB, and I expect that Royal, Everett and Cieslak will have a number of balls thrown their way.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

Me too.

I expect a lot of double TE formations, and a lot of short stuff to the TEs.

They're going to have to learn how to block as well.

Comment

• BUFFruggALO
        • Jun 2006

i think that robert royal is good and kevin everett has the potential to be great---the only way the tightends will be more involved is if they can prove that they are playmakers and that is yet to be seen---all i know about royal is that hes a good blocker and all in know about everett is that he comes from a good blood line of tightends-----its time for these guys to step up and prove that they can be weapons for the bills this year!!!!
        !!!!~~~I aM sOFa kINg wEe tOdD dId~~~!!!!

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

I hope that Everett can play to the potential that he has. I know he is coming off of an injury but he has looked good thus far and has the praise of his coach and the head coach.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Finally. I've been waiting for a hint of how Everrett is at camp or what the coaches think of him. I'm glad it's positive. Let's hope he can bring it come game day.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              Let's face it. Mularkey was a moron. I think Jauron and Fairchild realize what a good pass catching TE will do for a young QB, and I expect that Royal, Everett and Cieslak will have a number of balls thrown their way.
              Thank you. Everybody seems to miss the fact that MM was awful as head coach. Losing the Miami game after your up 21-0 through 3 quarters is embarrassing. MM was brought in as an offensive guru but his play calling was horrible. You will see an improvement on this team just from play calling.

Mark my words. Jauron and Fairchild are going to make a big difference.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Lets pray For their health, lately they never make it past training camp.

Comment

Working...
                X