PDA

View Full Version : Bettman Betting on Poorest Profits?

Bill Brasky
07-05-2006, 06:34 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen – I present an in depth and by the numbers study of the NHL playoffs. And let me tell you, it aint pretty.

First I’ll give you a few numbers to think about. First the average age of an NHL team today is 35 years. This number comes from taking the average age all teams have been at their respective cities (for example Colorado Avalanche joined the league in 1996 after moving from Quebec).

The average age of the teams that made the playoffs this year is 32 years, not a huge discrepancy from the norm, but here is where things get weird. The teams that won their first round series average 20 years of age and the losing teams average 45 years on tenure. That’s a huge difference and to me that smelled a little fishy, so I dug further.

I, like most hockey fans, believe that Mr. Bettman, the commish of the NHL, is up to something fishy. I won’t bore you with the details of his horrible ideals (“Hockey is like basketball!”) or his wretched business acumen (“Hockey in San Jose!”) but what I found out was actually appallingly different from what I originally thought I would learn.

http://wn.goldenprose.com/?q=node/525

SkateZilla
07-05-2006, 08:19 AM
Winners Celebrate, Losers Make excuses and consipracy theories...:bandwagon :respect:

jamze132
07-05-2006, 08:39 AM
Buffalo still should have beat Carlolina in Game 7. If we had just one of the defensemen unhurt, we would have held the 3rd period lead.

PUCKER
07-06-2006, 01:10 AM
Buffalo still should have beat Carlolina in Game 7. If we had just one of the defensemen unhurt, we would have held the 3rd period lead.

Minus the injuries,we wouldve beat them in 6.