X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • R. Rich
    • Apr 2003

Offensive Line DEPTH

It's bad enough that we need to be concerned about having a decent starting OL, but what happens if they're hit hard w/ injuries (God forbid)? I'm guessing the starting lineup will be as follows:

LT Gandy

LG Reyes

C Fowler

RG Villarrial

RT Peters

Now, what kind of quality do we have behind these guys? Preston might be okay, but he's only had 15 games to play and hasn't settled in @ either guard or tackle yet.

Who else do we have that could step in and give us any kind of quality minutes?
  • billsburgh
    • Jul 2003

Re: Offensive Line DEPTH

the only one the comes to mind is Aaron Gibson IF is in decent shape. everyone else is young and inexperienced.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

They won't be much depth, at least this year unless Gibson, Geisiinger, Preston, McFarland or one of the other youngster surprise.

But I would say:

1. Not many teams have depth in this day of free agency.
      2. The O-line was such a mess to expect depth this year is not realistic. This is an entire re-bulding process and will take 1-3 years to complete. I see more guys being added next year to create some semblence of depth.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

Maybe Gibson at Guard. But I would wait and see who we cut and bring in after cuts later in the off season before speculating about the O-line. It's too early to figure out depth.

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          They won't be much depth, at least this year unless Gibson, Geisiinger, Preston, McFarland or one of the other youngster surprise.

But I would say:

1. Not many teams have depth in this day of free agency.
          2. The O-line was such a mess to expect depth this year is not realistic. This is an entire re-bulding process and will take 1-3 years to complete. I see more guys being added next year to create some semblence of depth.
          It could have been resolved THIS offseason had Marv not had a DB fetish during the draft

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
            I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
            • May 2005

Yeah guys... don't worry, we have the whole Free Agency period to get a line... oh wait...

All you wonderful theorists that said that all offseason long, I hope you're eating your words at this point.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
              It could have been resolved THIS offseason had Marv not had a DB fetish during the draft
              Then the DB would be void of players. The re-building of this team is much more than the O-line. At the time of their selections, Youboty and Simpson were steals. And Whitner was a desperate need (Coy Wire or Bowens starting in Cover 2 would be bowling shoe ugly).
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                Yeah , rookie OLmen sure make sudden impact in their first year. Nice post skooby.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by billsburgh
                  the only one the comes to mind is Aaron Gibson IF is in decent shape. everyone else is young and inexperienced.
                  I don't know why everyone is so high on Gibson? He is 2 years removed from playing!!

Comment

• billsburgh
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    I don't know why everyone is so high on Gibson? He is 2 years removed from playing!!
                    I said IF he's in shape and that's a big if. he was out of the league because he ate himself out. when he is in shape, he's a decent player.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by R. Rich
                      It's bad enough that we need to be concerned about having a decent starting OL, but what happens if they're hit hard w/ injuries (God forbid)?
                      I had a similar thread a few weeks ago! The OL is thin. In addition I don't think we are going to be very good. We keep getting everybodys rejects. Peters is the only rising star!!

Comment

• R. Rich
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        I had a similar thread a few weeks ago! The OL is thin. In addition I don't think we are going to be very good. We keep getting everybodys rejects. Peters is the only rising star!!
                        Well, sometimes getting rejects isn't so bad. It worked for us before w/ John Davis and Kent Hull.

That said, we will be thin talent-wise, even in today's league where there's not as much depth due to free agency and the cap.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Preston and Geisinger give us some depth in the interior, as they are both Guard/Center combinations. We really have no depth at Tackle, however, and may have to depend on rookies Butler and Pennington(?) or whatever that kid's name is.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• R. Rich
                            • Apr 2003

Terrance Pennington (that's his name, JR) was a decent value pick for the Bills. I only hope they can get some results from him.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by R. Rich
                              Terrance Pennington (that's his name, JR) was a decent value pick for the Bills. I only hope they can get some results from him.
                              Thanks, Rich, my old mind isn't quite what it used to be. Could be the Guinness.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X