PDA

View Full Version : 12 Sabres go to arbitration, must be some kind of new record.

gannd
07-05-2006, 05:34 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=170594&hubname=

The Buffalo Sabres announced Wednesday that 12 players off their 2005-06 roster have filed for salary arbitration.
According to the team's website, Maxim Afinogenov, Tim Connolly, Daniel Briere, JP Dumont, Brian Campbell, Henrik Tallinder, Toni Lydman, Adam Mair, Paul Gaustad, Andrew Peters, Justin Pominville and Ales Kotalik will have their pay for next season decided by a third party.
The deadline for players to file for arbitration was 5pm et on Wednesday. Teams have until 5pm et on Thursday to take their players to arbitration.

gannd
07-05-2006, 05:35 PM
ps..dont worry, some get more, some get less.

No biggie

Bill Brasky
07-05-2006, 05:37 PM
jesus... it's not about the money at this point, persay.

i think they're just sending a message to the organization that if they wan't to keep talented players and win something, they better start ponying up some sort of $$ instead of lowball offers. no way guys with an iota of talent will consider coming/staying here if they know the end result will be an insulting offer that can easily be doubled by other teams.

it was only a matter of time before something like this happened.

Bill Brasky
07-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Maxim Afinogenov, Tim Connolly, Daniel Briere, Brian Campbell, Henrik Tallinder

All guys I would hope they consider signing to long-term deals.

SkateZilla
07-05-2006, 06:04 PM
wtf does peters want? .. lmao.. more $$ for brass knuckles?:bandwagon

chernobylwraiths
07-05-2006, 06:06 PM
wtf does peters want? .. lmao.. more $$ for brass knuckles?:bandwagon

Better health insurance or negotiated tee times. He's got his swing all qued up.

Michael82
07-05-2006, 06:07 PM
jesus... it's not about the money at this point, persay.

i think they're just sending a message to the organization that if they wan't to keep talented players and win something, they better start ponying up some sort of $$ instead of lowball offers. no way guys with an iota of talent will consider coming/staying here if they know the end result will be an insulting offer that can easily be doubled by other teams.

it was only a matter of time before something like this happened.
:bf1:

Bill Brasky
07-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Dumont - I can see his logic

Lydman - I can understand his situation considering how well he played in the playoffs.

Mair, Gaustad, Peters - Don't really understand

Pominville - I don't think he's worthy of a big deal yet...... he's shown promise, but he's still got a lot to show.

PUCKER
07-06-2006, 01:25 AM
WTF is the problem signing Briere??? :mad: Geez,they really dont give a fig about this team. :shakeno:

kgun12
07-06-2006, 01:50 AM
WTF is the problem signing Briere??? :mad: Geez,they really dont give a fig about this team. :shakeno:

Unfortunately you are correct! In pro sports it's all about the money, neither the play nor the team care about the other side. Its all about the bottom line! I don't have the same passion for pro sports as I use to, once I realized this! (Thruman Thomas going to Miami was the turning point for me). I watch, I go to a few games a year, but I don't get as high or as low with wins and loses, or players coming or going. I mostly just feel sad for the state of pro sports. It was a lot different when they played for the love of the game instead of money!
I understand it, but I don't have to like it.

jamze132
07-06-2006, 04:25 AM
Maybe it's a good thing. Maybe Regier is trying to see what the fair market value is for these guys before he starts offereing them long term deals. If he is unsure of what to offer certain guys while not offending them, then it's a good thing for these guys to go to arbitration. There is no rule saying that they can't sign long term after arbitration.

It is a delecate situation with the new CBA. A lot of owners are in a "wait & see" pattern. Obviously there are certain owners who have the resouces and financial means to do what they want, but Buffalo does not, at least not yet.